Installed sliders - Question

monster

Wherever I May Roam
Donating Member
Registered
I installed my Shogun Sliders that I bought from a board member.  Installation went flawless.  I bought a bolt at Home Depot.  Cut the head off and sharpened it with my Dremel.  Installed it in place of the motor mount bolt and re installed my fairings.  The bolt made a mark right where I needed to drill.  I took the fairings off and drilled a 1/4" pilot hole, re-installed the fairings and looked through with a flashlight.  Sure enough - dead nuts.  I covered part of each side with masking tape and used a 1 7\8" hole saw and drilled each side with the fairings still on the bike.  My drill has a level built in and with the help of my wife (4 eyes better then 2) I was able to get each angle perfectly.  

Now for my question - after installing the sliders and torquing each side I notice the right side appears to stick out more then the left.  Why is that?  The card that came with the sliders says that the right side is longer and when I removed the oem bolts the right was in fact longer so I installed the longer slider on the right side.  Hmmm  
rock.gif

I remember reading a thread after smeone installed Vortex sliders and had the same issue.  They installed alluminum spacers under the left slider to kick it out a bit.  Should I do that?  If so anyone have one I could buy?  I'll do my best to get some pics up tomorrow.  I appreciate any feedback.

Kevin  
beerchug.gif

Nice on the holiday install, if the slider length bothers you then put some washers on it.

Just make sure you have enough threads left on the bolt to tighten it down.

Oh and the "cam batteries dead" excuse doesnt cut it my friend.

Everything is fine, they're all off like that. Now go back in the garage and put some clear finger nail polish on the inside hole cutout to prevent future paint flaking.
super.gif

Nice description. PHOTOS!!! Get on it, man!! We're having convulsions over here!

poke.gif
biggrin.gif

--Wag--

(thepushercg @ Nov. 25 2006,15:56) i added a couple of washers to mine , got it where i wanted it.
I hope the bolt doesn't snap off on a low side spill while moving.
sad.gif

Back