Frame sliders

I just ordered mine from e-bay also!!! I am nervous as hell about drilling in the plastic but have read and re-read all these instructions and feel confident about doing it myself.  The local shop wanted to charge me a ridiculous amount for them to do it.  I have the saw and just waiting on the sliders to come!!  Just nervous about the custom paint....   (sigh) will let you know how it turns out!!!  Hopefully by the weekend they will be on!!

Wish me luck!!

LoBusa
Be carefull there Lo , you will yell some very nasty things if you hurt yer paint . Think about getting some same type plastic an' doin' a couple practise runs , especially if you've never had a hole saw in yer hand before . I'm guessing thats what you mean by saw . An' make sure yer usin' the hole-saw in a variable speed drill , so you can go nice an' slow.
Man, sometimes I sound like an' over protective ol' granny.
I'll wish ya luck....but I dont think you'll need it.
Yer a smart girl......RSD.

Does anyone know of a company that makes frame sliders in something a little more asthetically pleasing? Something other than just a friggen Round knob sticken out like a sore thumb. Am I going to have to plant the seed in Rhythms ear and see about getting something done up that might actually complement the Busa?

Imagine a thin oval or teardrop shape following the Busa's lines, something load bearing but pretty.

I can't be the only one here who would put some slidders on in a heartbeat if they were just a little bit stylish. The frame slidders out there now seem to be more of a neccessary evil, not a pleasing addition.

Anyone have an idea??

Evil is Good
firedevil.gif

Can you recommend a specific source or brand of frame slider that's been proven to work well and include quality hardware, or are they really all the same besides cosmetics?

Thanks
Sam

Am I going to have to plant the seed in Rhythms ear and see about getting something done up that might actually complement the Busa?
[/QUOTE].

I dont think I'll be offereing frame slider anymore that was a one time deal for me. Dont get me wrong it was a money maker but the turn around wasnt as fast as I expected and alot of hustling (pushing the product)at the bike affairs. If I made them myself I would take you up on the ideal but I had them made by a machinist ( middleman).

Back