vortex slider / motormount bolt

Goatkart

Registered
Hey gang....

fast forwarding to long story short... who ever installed the sliders on my bike originally.. installed them wrong...

I found out the right side bolt was short one day when the bike was in for service... thought it was odd, but my cycle shop put in a longer one, no big deal...

well today i was messing with the other side because the left side slider was loose...

well, long story short while trying to get the left side out, the bolt snapped about 3/4 the way out...

near as i can tell what happened was they put the long bolt on the short side and short bolt on the long side....

end result they impacted the frame slider bolt and mangled the threads...

so now i need to figure out how to get an impacted bolt out..

also, i need to get a new bolt.... so can someone tell me what size the bolts are that are in the upper forward motor mounts where the frame sliders mount...

its been a looooong night...

i cant really picture it in my head, but...
if you can get on the back side of the bolt with a set of vice grips you can sometimes work it through. if not , which i suspect is the case here (case/engine case..lol punny) you are going to need to use an easy out. sears has some good ones. you may have to drill it out. use a small bit and run a pilot hole first. then after the inner tention is relieved it is easier to get the hard ones out. take you time and try not to touch the threads as you drill. you can buy a tap to clean out the threads after the broken bolt is removed.
hope i helped.:beerchug: good luck

Back