Frame sliders

Rhythm, bike looks good. Just got back in town and read some of the post here........... I guess you already got your pic's and understand how they work.

Yes !!! Mark was very helpful , thankz for the help anyway K-S

I'll take pictures later where they are screwed into.  All you have to do like I said in my instruction is remove your engine mount bolt and replace with the frame slider and if you're still not sure if this is really worth doing I guess experienceing your "own pit fallz" first hand is your  best teacher you've been warned.  If you decide to do the install yourself just read my instruction in this early post or ask me about certain parts of my instruction that you dont understand.

I installed mine the way Rhythm said but I didn't use a jack or putty, the bolt will make an impression on the foam stuff behind the panel and if you do one side at a time you shoudn't need to support the motor.

did we ever find out where rythym got thos sweeet grips?

Mine were customed made along with my chromed handgrips that I use to sell .[

[/b]I like, but... what does it do to high-speed runs, ie: wind drag?

Your knees are in the same location  where the frame slider are at and will stick out further.  You tell me?  

I installed mine the way Rhythm said but I didn't use a jack or putty, the bolt will make an impression on the foam stuff behind the panel and if you do one side at a time you shoudn't need to support the motor.

Choose your poision Playaz ;but using the jackstand  will provide less stress on the single bolt holding the motor up, when will help keep the hole aligned when putting the knew bolt back in and as far as the clay it'll diffenitly maintain a definate impression with no worries of fading.  

This may be a dumb question, but is there a hole in the frame already which accepts these frame sliders? Thus, I only have to drill a hole in the fairing?

Yes !! You just use the engine mount bolt holes .  Take the standard stock engine mount bolts out and replace with the longer bolts that come with the frame slider (no hole to drill or cut).  As instructed early.

I just installed mine last night took about an hour or so. I used one can of green playdough one cordless 14.4 volt drill and one 1/16th drill bit for a pilot hole and one 2 inch hole sole bit. I bought my sliders off ebay for 60 bucks they came with bolts and are the chrome ones. The only trouble I had was the the left side of the busa hole on the fairing is different than the right side. With the right side you can drill a hole through your impression on the playdough and than drill your two inch hole no problem. On the left side though your hole on the engine mount bolt hole is much closer to your hole where you screw holds your plastic on. I had to break out the dremal and a small sander drum to tweek the hole a bit but it was a piece of cake. Done in an hour and back on the road. The only thing I can say about the chrome sliders is that they generate some heat. After an hour or so of riding you could cook some bacon on em. I am way satisfied with the look though. I post some pics

Your correct !! The left side is alittle closer to the fairing mounting bolt on mine and all of the Busa I've seen. Job well done Baby>>>>>>now it's your turn Greg >>>>>>>>just do it .

Yes pics please!

I'm pretty sure they will look the same as the photoz I showed you already. Just keep re-reading my instructions until your feel comfortable with doing it yourself.

I have a set on mine that didnt require cutting either. They mount with the fairing bolt hole

busa2_small.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yo Gixxer have you ever actually drop your bike with these types of frame slider or know of anyone and do you have any photos of the results after it fell over? I dont mean to step on your toes but I read numerous neg feedback on these types of slider. Just seemz to me also that using your fairing as a support for impact will crack your fairing on impact or just rip right off if your were to slide alittle. These slider are mounted to your fairing bolt >>>>right? As you can see in my early post I provided pic's of mine after a fall in my driveway (vey little damage

The sliders that use the bolts that hold your plastic on will nto work under a load. Those small bolts will snap like a twig under a 500 pound drop. Its worth cutting the plastic and using your big honken engine bolts for support just incase you do ever drop it.

-a nice solid 2x4 under yer intended drill spot will help

- cut slow....dont melt yer platic,paint,or decals

-there are non drill type sliders avail....cannot remem the name of em now....but i will .

- some sliders come with real cheesy bolts...dont use 'em

- some sliders come with a template for cutting the holes,LP does this a bit.

- cutting from the outside in , usually gives you a nicer hole,depending on the application .

- nuthin' , not even god himself can save yer plastic in a real nasty slide...but frame sliders will work .

- you can also get swing arm sliders . Some types of these also pull double duty as yer race stand spools .

- mentioned earlier...they heat up....yes they will...the frame is an intregral part of the cooling process .

- Cache asked about wind drag....theorhetically there will be some extra wind drag . Some people have noticed new noises after installing sliders (not sure about the busa appl).
A busa goes 1-3 MPH faster with the mirrors off . A Busa goes faster with that last piece of belly plastic installed .
Cutting the wind is everything . Sliders will make a difference, will you or I notice in a street application....probably not .

I dont mean to step on your toes but I read numerous neg feedback on these types of slider.  
sliders can be good an' bad....not to impune any 1's choice here.
I've seen sliders do more harm than good . I've seen broken frames that might have just have been scratched . The slider broke the frame . ( This is rare, I think ) . Does not apply to the Busa . Have never seen a totalled Busa . Hope I never do .
If yer a real serious knee-dragger....you might wanna get 'em .
Remeber thou....a future prospective buyer may not like the fact that you've drilled holes in the fairing.
It also says to a smart buyer...this guy has been puttin' this thing thru its paces .
Just my personal opinion....I think sliders will hurt yer re-sale value . If that interests you . Kinda like drillin' holes in the fenders of yer '64 1/2 Mustang soes you can add some mud flaps that say "Back-Off" . Take off 500$ for each mud flap on the cars re-sale value .
Just me thou.....I can make change on that 2 cents...

I added mine after a garage mishap that left some small
scars on the upper left side. Hopefully will save me in
a slow turn over, probably nothing much at speed. They
make me feel better anyways. Do them yourself. I had
a shop do them and they charged me out the ying-yang.
You can do them, just take your time.

Roy_By_Busa_U.S._Mint.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I just ordered mine from e-bay also!!! I am nervous as hell about drilling in the plastic but have read and re-read all these instructions and feel confident about doing it myself. The local shop wanted to charge me a ridiculous amount for them to do it. I have the saw and just waiting on the sliders to come!! Just nervous about the custom paint.... (sigh) will let you know how it turns out!!! Hopefully by the weekend they will be on!!

Wish me luck!!

LoBusa

Back