Rear tire..

Where is the rear tire mount bolt sitting at?
I wouldn't ride it tell you find out whats going on, could be too risky.

Where does the rear nut sit on both sides count the lines from the end of the swingarm inward, the lines you use to adjust the tire are they in the same spot?

Also since you have it on a stand any movement from side to side on the tire? Keep in mind a small fraction under 100 pounds of torque will move.

<!--EDIT|manatrader
Reason for Edit: None given...|1139807408 -->

Now let’s see if your swing arm is straight, if you don’t have the right tools I would take it to a dealer. You’re going to need a laser, T square and a good measuring tape. Where your rear shock and dog bones come together at the bottom of you bike measure the center point and mark it on the ground, do not move the bike after this at all. Directly under the seat is where it attaches to the frame by a single bolt, measure that point onto the ground draw a line between the points on the ground. Use the laser to make sure you have the center point marked perfectly. Mark a spot on the ground under both sides of both swing arms, use the laser to make sure they are in the correct location.
Measure off of the line 18 inches at 90 degrees on both sides. All lines should be the same measurement if, leave measurement D for last that is one we hope is the same on both sides.

swingarm.JPG

another thought.. you know when you take your rear wheel off... that sprocket housing thingie just feel before.. is that normal.. wonder if something get damaged when it hit the floor.. or something got lost?

this housing unit is part #13 on revlis diagram..

you guys know what i am taking about.. i feel to the ground .. about a 2 feet drop.. on to the cement floor.

thanks everyone.
It fell because the cush drive is worn! I still think you have an alignment problem coupled with a worn chain/cush drive! Do a string alignment check on the tires.... Set the chain sag and IF they check fine then do what Rev said by putting the bike on a stand and rotate the tires to see if they wobble. In the pictures it looks as though your rear sprocket is worn and leaning to one side of the chain... Not a good sign.

A 4mm hex is what takes the side panels off and he said that it's hitting the chain links. 3 to 3½mm of clearance aint much.

A 4mm fits in my bike with plenty of room to spare. In fact the next size up (5mm you use to remove the seat) fits between the tire ridge and chain on my bike.

Something has got to be out of whack.

Maybe I'm missing something here, but how can worn cush rubbers cause lateral play? There's a bearing in the sprocket mounting drum so the sprocket can NOT go side-to-side. Of course if the bearing is shot, the force of the chain pulling on it can throw things out of alignment.

I don't think this is one to play around with...time to take it to a good bike mechanic.

A 4mm hex is what takes the side panels off and he said that it's hitting the chain links. 3 to 3½mm of clearance aint much.

A 4mm fits in my bike with plenty of room to spare.  In fact the next size up (5mm you use to remove the seat) fits between the tire ridge and chain on my bike.

Something has got to be out of whack.

Maybe I'm missing something here, but how can worn cush rubbers cause lateral play?  There's a bearing in the sprocket mounting drum so the sprocket can NOT go side-to-side.  Of course if the bearing is shot, the force of the chain pulling on it can throw things out of alignment.

I don't think this is one to play around with...time to take it to a good bike mechanic.
over tightening the rear axle nut?

i am using the standard tool that came with the hayabusa tool kit.. you know the free one. one piece, no rachet..i tightened pretty hard.. maybe too tight.. enought to cause the tiny clearance.. ?

Nah, you're not squeezing the swing arm in. You do need to use a torque wrench though on that castle nut. 72½ ft. lbs. And always use a cotter pin.

You would have to be a gorilla to tighten the axle nut tight enough to affect the clearance. You would be compressing the axle between the swing arm. I think that would be hard to do, being that you're using the axle tool from the tool kit.

I agree with the others, time to take it to a good mechanic.

Back