Rear tire..

kkattan

Donating Member
Registered
hey Guys.. me again
smile.gif

well. i notice on side of my tire.. side with chain.. seems to have very excessive wear.. yes i do lean harder on the left then the right.. but i wonder is this normal.. maybe chain hitting tire.. i check tire pressure good..
any other suggestions..

below:
this pic is the chain side (left side)

rearTire.JPG

i think its norm...but if you got your chain hitting your tire you got some serious issues bro!!!
wow.gif

i doubt its that tho

NOW.. heres the other side.. the right side.. which i still lean on.. maybe slightly less...

notice huge difference..

anything to worry about?

rearTire_Good.JPG

that's the chain hitting.....you have alignment issues.
rock.gif

then again.....MI roads suk!
mad.gif

<!--EDIT|BusaCruise
Reason for Edit: None given...|1139720078 -->

IMO that's not normal wear. No idea on cause, I don't think it's from being hard on the left side.
rock.gif

that's the chain hitting.....you have alignment issues.    
rock.gif

then again.....MI roads suk!  
mad.gif
tell me about it.. MI second worse roads... anywhoo....

i noticed the chain tensionr bolts.. one was at 3 marks.. other side was 3 and half marks.. is that enough to make it out align.. if not.. what do you advise.. thanks!

you better check your alignment, but wouldnt you see the chain touching when your arent moving...?

Sure as HELL isn't normal wear Bro. Something is outta whack or you have some spacing issues... Wider than a 200 rear???

Sure as HELL isn't normal wear Bro.  Something is outta whack or you have some spacing issues...  Wider than a 200 rear???
michelon pilot power hpx 190

i dont see it rubbing when i turn the tire.. i ll check again when i put the tire back on..

maybe chain is a little loose? so when driving it rubs?

there would have to be a good kink in the chain for that much sided to side movement.

it is possible though....if that's the stock chain...dump it.....they're just there for looks anyways.
wink.gif

look at the inside of your chain, inside of your swing-arm, inside of your hugger if your wearing one. Let us know what you see, pics if possible.

Also, did you get anything kicked up between tire & swing-arm area, a can, piece of wood, piece of metal, animal- etc in the past while riding ?

Also, did you get anything kicked up between tire & swing-arm area, a can, piece of wood, piece of metal, animal- etc in the past while riding ?
not that i remember... did hit a really nasty pothole before..

maybe a kangroo... no.. . no animals..

i plan on throwing the rear tire back on.. and snapping some pics.. maybe tonight.. maybe tomorrow.. depends on how long to for me to figure out the spring retainer thingie...

i noticed the chain tensionr bolts.. one was at 3 marks.. other side was 3 and half marks.. is that enough to make it out align.. if not.. what do you advise.. thanks!
more then enough, get it adjusted....and your chain is too loose....
Man! you can kill yourself riding like that.
Loose chain and misalligned wheel/sprocket.... very high possibility of chain snap...

i plan on throwing the rear tire back on.. and snapping some pics.. maybe tonight.. maybe tomorrow.. depends on how long to for me to figure out the spring retainer thingie...
You have kangaroo's in MI? I've been thinking of traveling to Australia,,, MI would be closer.

Weather nice there?
tounge.gif

You have kangaroo's in MI? I've been thinking of traveling to Australia,,, MI would be closer.

Weather nice there?  
tounge.gif
ha ha.. be back in little bit.. going to throw on the rear tire.. and snap some pics..

thanks everyone..

Weather nice there?
tounge.gif
ROTFL....

Where the hell you been Cookie?

Back