Rear tire..

Kkattan ... I know the adjustment marks for the chain tensioner on my Busa are not the same on each side .On the right side , one of the hash marks is wider than the rest . So if U go by counting the marks on each side , equally , the side with the bigger mark will throw off the allignment by a few milimeters . And when you're talking about clearence between chain and tire , there's only milimeters involved .
Add in a possibly loose chain , and your rider weight cycling the suspension while riding ... and there could be the problem . Just giving you a new perspective that nobody else mentioned . Good luck !!

Are the wear marks only on one part of the tire or all the way around?

Has the bike ever been laid down?
yes.. ALL the way around..

yes laid down.. twice
sad.gif

slow speed lay downs.. 10mph or less.

Kkattan ... I know the adjustment marks  for the chain tensioner  on my Busa are not the same on each side .On the right side , one of the hash marks is wider than the rest . So if U go by counting the marks on each side , equally , the side with the bigger mark will throw off the allignment by a few milimeters . And when you're talking about clearence between chain and tire , there's only milimeters involved .
 Add in a possibly loose chain , and your rider weight cycling the suspension while riding ... and there could be the problem . Just giving you a new perspective that nobody else mentioned .    Good luck !!
so you are saying it should not be the same on each side?

i have three on each side right now.. chain is much tighter than before..

thanks.

Kkattan ... I know the adjustment marks  for the chain tensioner  on my Busa are not the same on each side .On the right side , one of the hash marks is wider than the rest . So if U go by counting the marks on each side , equally , the side with the bigger mark will throw off the allignment by a few milimeters . And when you're talking about clearence between chain and tire , there's only milimeters involved .
 Add in a possibly loose chain , and your rider weight cycling the suspension while riding ... and there could be the problem . Just giving you a new perspective that nobody else mentioned .    Good luck !!
so you are saying it should not be the same on each side?

i have three on each side right now.. chain is much tighter than before..

thanks.
I would say forget about the marks for now. Make sure you have about 1" of slack on the chain when the bike is on its sidestand, than go from there.

You said the bike has been down 2 times...you might want to make sure you dont have a bent wheel like TT said, or worse yet a messed up frame.

You said the bike has been down 2 times...you might want to make sure you dont have a bent wheel like TT said, or worse yet a messed up frame.
would the tire balance machine not notice a bent wheel?
Man, I would think so, but Im not a wheel expert by any means. Do you have any stress cracks on your subframe?
no.. i dont think so.. i will do a double check.. the bike does ride smoothly.. even up to around 170mph..

the only stress cracks i have.. well never mind about the personal ones..
smile.gif

Subframe should'nt have any effect on alignment of wheel and bike/sprockets. Unless your thinking that some part of the subframe comes into contact with the tire at full compression, but if that were the case it should be easily visible.

Make certain you do not OVER TIGHTEN your chain. A loose chain can last for months without doing any real harm, just some wear... An overtight chain will degrade and break much much faster than a slightly loose one. Within just a few rides...

Never underestimate the human eye, get ou bike up on a rear stand step back and sight down the length of your machine... If your tire is outta line ignificantly you'll see it right away. If your wheel is bent or something else is whacked you'll see that too.

Hell puti it up on the stand, start it and let the rear turn under power in first (Idle)... Do you see any wobble, anything tweaked? No?

Then chalk up the edge and go for a quick ride. Still hitting something? Still wearing wierd? Then take it to a shop you trust and have a pro look at it.

Then looky here and make certain #12 is accounted for and that everything else is in place. Might have spacers outta whack...

<!--EDIT|Revlis
Reason for Edit: None given...|1139782974 -->

rear_wheel_copy.jpg

Hell Might want to check you swingarm pivot. Make sure all the nuts are accounted for....
laugh.gif

Just a question....but on either of those low speed drops, did the tire continue spinning?....causing the damage you see?

another thought.. you know when you take your rear wheel off... that sprocket housing thingie just feel before.. is that normal.. wonder if something get damaged when it hit the floor.. or something got lost?

this housing unit is part #13 on revlis diagram..

you guys know what i am taking about.. i feel to the ground .. about a 2 feet drop.. on to the cement floor.

thanks everyone.

not sure what is wrong but something is all fekked up... I'd see if you can figure out anything or maybe just have a dealer take a look at it
rock.gif
Do you have stands? Maybe put it up on the rear stand and run the tire up a little... have a look at it then, might show you something there.

As others have surely said, check alignment and chain. How many miles do you have on the bike?

not sure what is wrong but something is all fekked up... I'd see if you can figure out anything or maybe just have a dealer take a look at it
rock.gif
 Do you have stands?  Maybe put it up on the rear stand and run the tire up a little... have a look at it then, might show you something there.

As others have surely said, check alignment and chain.  How many miles do you have on the bike?
7000 miles on bike.. i am going to try to see if still banging the tire after tighter chain..

Even with a ton of slack the chain should not be hitting the tire. You need to find out what went wrong otherwise you're playing with death.

Dropping the cush drive should not have hurt anything and I don't think worn cush drive rubbers could effect alignment.

Even with a ton of slack the chain should not be hitting the tire.  You need to find out what went wrong otherwise you're playing with death.

Dropping the cush drive should not have hurt anything and I don't think worn cush drive rubbers could effect alignment.
any suggestions..? check the alignment..? by the way.. i have noticed this about 1000 miles ago.. so i have ridden it like this for about 1000 miles.. i am not sure if it was that one fall that might have caused the chain rub?

right now.. up on stands.. i can turn it fine.. it wont rub.. but only about 2mm away.. cant even slide the allen key with out some trouble

Back