Rear sprocket play

stnick

Registered
Maybe it's always been this way but I just installed a new rear tire and thought I might take the time to clean my sprocket. While on the rear stand, I noticed a slight side to side play in the sprocket. Grab the sprocket and move it left and right and it moves slightly, also moves forward and backward ( direction of chain travel). Is this due to the rubber cush blocks?
My bike is an 07 with 16,000 miles. No burnouts but a lot of spirited riding.

they are probably need of replacing, I have access to heavy duty ones if you are interested made my Sensei (red) look and work very nice and are $54 TYD.
Greg

I just installed a set of red Sensei cush blocks about an hour ago that I bought from Greg (above) at the beginning of the week. I can't wait to try them out tomorrow. My old one's definately had a bunch of play in them. They were letting the sprocket carrier move around quite a bit. With the new blocks, the sprocket carrier is held firmly in place.

they are probably need of replacing, I have access to heavy duty ones if you are interested made my Sensei (red) look and work very nice and are $54 TYD.
Greg

Hey Greg
Are the red ones better than the Blue KPS ones that you were selling?

i think they are both about the same, i am having a super hard time getting the kps ones these days, the red ones ship the same day so that answers that LOL

Back