rear sprocket movement

Thrust

Registered
I cleaned and lubed my chain for the first time tonight (what a pain w/o a rear stand) and as I did I noticed that the rear sprocket will move ever so slightly from side-to-side. The movement is very minimal (1/32nd-1/16th of a inch). Is this normal? Have to do with the cush drive?

Thanks.......but I'm a little worried to ride again until I'm sure everything is okay.

Is it movement on rotational direction or side to side ?? Rotational movement is normal on the cush drive, it wears with the mighty busa's torque :-)

I was afraid you were gonna say that....and you scared me into checking mine, there is a little play on my 03 with 9000 miles. I had never looked at it for play and all seems fine on mine as far as feel when riding, I ride to work each day and do some hi speed and twisties on the way. Guess we better wait to see if anyone else has looked at theirs....may be normal too ?? Hope like hell so.

<!--EDIT|Dr Geekenstein
Reason for Edit: None given...|1092889789 -->

Ha!
laugh.gif
You guys made me go look. Mine moves about the same with 52k miles on it.

The movement comes from the rubbers on the inside of the rear sprocket.
It is normal I beleive.

LOL!! Sorry everyone had to go check......kinda funny though. But who wants to be unsure well into triple digit speeds~
wink.gif

Normal yes but should be changed when you start getting a lot of movement. Not that much money to chage when you change tires or chains.

Back