Rate the Gen II update

Rate The Gen II Update

• The update is awesome and I look forward to comtemplating BNG for the next Ten Years

Votes: 42 33.6%
  • The udate was Fair and I look forward to seeing what Suzuki has in store in the next couple of years

Votes: 52 41.6%
  • The udate was bare minimal and Suzuki should have done a complete Redesign

Votes: 31 24.8%

• Total voters
And why their bikes COST so much...to bad with all that tech, they are not competitive in racing either...

MotoGP, WSB, AMA...at the drag strip...anywhere :dunno:

I always think BMW is overpriced for what you get, to much tech vs to
little engine, the exception being this new 1000 loaded with tech.
and is a full blown powerhouse.
I wouldn't discount it's impact in racing until it until it's all said and done.

Last edited:
Tc will never be faster than somebody with a decent amount of skill. And imho takes the talent of riding out of the equation. No matter how sophisticated its slows you down to prevent lift or wheel spin. Also would make maintence more difficult and more expensive. More parts = more headaches.

What did he say was worth the money a new 14 or busa. Since you left that out I guess ill just assume the convo went more toward the 14.
Posted via Mobile Device

You people think I'm a hater of Busa(s) or something and/or don't read.
Like I said, Chris is a big Suzuki guy, that's about all we talked about...that
and turbos. :thumbsup:

Someone, like me, suggests that maybe the Gen II could/should be a little better
and everybody gets their panties in a wad.

DO YOU PEOPLE HONESTLY BELIEVE THAT THE BIKE IS SO GOOD, It can't
be improved?...EVER?

My Gen I makes 170 rwhp, weighs 480 lbs, on track days people come off the track, stop at my paddock area and say things like, "wow, I thought that was a Hayabusa". (probably after I passed them). I go on 2 week tours with this bike, ride with 600's in the twisties, cruise with some Harley guys, on and on....and some in this thread tell me I should be unhappy with Suzuki? Why, because aftert 5-600 mile days 2 states from home, Suzuki doesn't greet me with a limo and take me out to dinner? Let's just say, I AM PERFECTLY HAPPY WITH MY HAYABUSA. Maybe the real issue is the pathology of investing effort in finding fault instead of developing one's ability to achieve personal fulfillment. Raydog

If your bike was 30lbs lighter and 20 more horses do you think it might be
even more fun?

I'm not trying to get anyone to hate their bike....JEEEZE. I am happy as
heck with my Busa, I'll never sell her.

Suzuki Limo...??? They really don't pick you up in limo? I'll have a word with them
about that.

You people think I'm a hater of Busa(s) or something and/or don't read.
Like I said, Chris is a big Suzuki guy, that's about all we talked about...that
and turbos. :thumbsup:

Someone, like me, suggests that maybe the Gen II could/should be a little better
and everybody gets their panties in a wad.

DO YOU PEOPLE HONESTLY BELIEVE THAT THE BIKE IS SO GOOD, It can't
be improved?...EVER?

You said he said it wasn't worth it and then posted a link about his shop and a 14r. I'm out of line by thinking he said the 14r is worth it? Don't really see the flawed logic there. For something to not be worth it there's got to be something better for the money right?

Like I said last time before I stopped posting in this thread. I'm one of the guys that can't leave well enough alone I will always improve on the factories performance no matter how high they set it. Do I think it could be better yes. And so could about everything that's made. But do I think it should be or else I'm not buying it no.
Posted via Mobile Device

If your bike was 30lbs lighter and 20 more horses do you think it might be
even more fun?

I'm not trying to get anyone to hate their bike....JEEEZE. I am happy as
heck with my Busa, I'll never sell her.

Suzuki Limo...??? They really don't pick you up in limo? I'll have a word with them
about that.

EEEEEK! No, if I wanted 30 more hp, I'd put it in the motor today. As long as I'm tied with liter bikes when driving out of a corner that opens up to a straight....and down the straight....I have plenty of hp. If I wanted to be lighter, I'd buy a Gixxer 1000....but then my 4 day to 2 week trips would hardly be comfortable would they? Final comment....I don't race, I trackride, my Gen I Hayabusa is perfect for my needs. If my skills increase so much that the Busa feels gutless I'll buy more power as I stated above.
Raydog

20 HP gain thats a nice improvement...

I know that Greg has a pretty good idea about the power difference, and would trust his experience over two random graphs in a magazine.

The original Hayabusa was a "bomb dropped on the motorcycle world" it caused virtual panic in many people. It is responsible for the manufactures cowering away from pushing the limits, because they are afraid of regulation. When it was released, it was described as if God himself had sent the Hayabusa to us. It was the most incredible thing that had ever been mass produced for the public. It DOMINATED it's closest competitor by 20 horsepower.

Now when the Gen II comes along and has that same margin of advantage in horsepower, it is an abomination, and an insult to the Hayabusa community? The Blackbird was awesome in it's day, and the gen I Busa was even more awesome. To come out with a bike that can dominate the legendary Hayabusa, like it dominated the Blackbird, well... Isn't that worth anything?

It went a long time without an improvement, but the "worlds fastest motorcycle" (which is the title it was designed to hold) never had any competition. When your leading the race, you don't need to run faster.

You guys win...I'm done.

See ya next week. It's not really a win lose deal for me. I understand you're not happy with the improvements Zuki made. You think they should have done a complete redesign and put the Busa on a diet and sent her to the gym for more ponies.

I understand.

I know that Greg has a pretty good idea about the power difference, and would trust his experience over two random graphs in a magazine.

The original Hayabusa was a "bomb dropped on the motorcycle world" it caused virtual panic in many people. It is responsible for the manufactures cowering away from pushing the limits, because they are afraid of regulation. When it was released, it was described as if God himself had sent the Hayabusa to us. It was the most incredible thing that had ever been mass produced for the public. It DOMINATED it's closest competitor by 20 horsepower.

Now when the Gen II comes along and has that same margin of advantage in horsepower, it is an abomination, and an insult to the Hayabusa community? The Blackbird was awesome in it's day, and the gen I Busa was even more awesome. To come out with a bike that can dominate the legendary Hayabusa, like it dominated the Blackbird, well... Isn't that worth anything?

It went a long time without an improvement, but the "worlds fastest motorcycle" (which is the title it was designed to hold) never had any competition. When your leading the race, you don't need to run faster.

Piped and tuned stock motors with pump gas and everything under the sun for bolt-ons the best numbers on our dyno I have seen:

Gen 1 164HP SAE
Gen 2 184HP SAE :beerchug:
2008 ZX-14: 181HP SAE

Real numbers no hocus pocus.....

Last edited:
Piped and tuned stock motors with pump gas and everything under the sun for bolt-ons the best numbers on our dyno I have seen:

Gen 1 164HP SAE
Gen 2 184HP SAE :beerchug:
2008 ZX-14: 181HP SAE

Real numbers no hocus pocus.....

How many ZX-14's have you tuned and dyno'd compared to Gen1 and Gen2 Busas? Not knocking, just curious.

I had this dicussion with Steve and Aki at the 08 bash! The update on the 08-up busa was nice. Better fuel injection, smoother and more power, with better brakes and suspension. But I felt Suzuki could of done more.... a little lighter and a little more agressive engine and body work. But I own one, and I am very happy with it. I have riden a few gen I's and the Gen II is a better bike....Stock to Stock. Both can be improved through aftermarket help to your taste. But, I hope Suzuki can do what they did in 98-99 with the gen I Busa.....and make everyone go OMFG that is one hell of a bike! They did that when the first gen 1k's came out! It was like them giving the other manufactures the finger! :laugh::rulez::thumbsup::bowdown::cheerleader:

How many ZX-14's have you tuned and dyno'd compared to Gen1 and Gen2 Busas? Not knocking, just curious.
About 70 ZX-14's and 50 Gen 1's and 15 Gen II's in 2.5 years with almost every pipe under the sun, thats NA bikes. There have been numerous turbo and NOS and big-bore bikes as well. .

Last edited:
Back