Rate the Gen II update

Rate The Gen II Update

• The update is awesome and I look forward to comtemplating BNG for the next Ten Years

Votes: 42 33.6%
  • The udate was Fair and I look forward to seeing what Suzuki has in store in the next couple of years

Votes: 52 41.6%
  • The udate was bare minimal and Suzuki should have done a complete Redesign

Votes: 31 24.8%

• Total voters
I think the power mongers among us will always want the sledge hammer of bikes when talking about the busa. But I think the majority (who suzuki sells to) will be fine with the 170 rear wheel ponies the busa delivers now. For some reason it seems the bike makers are afraid of going over 200 rwhp with their bikes ??? Even the new, supposedly monster VMax, which had all the potential, doesn't break the magic 200hp mark :whistle:
Maybe suzuki (and everybody else) got a scare with the gen1 and all the guvment' publicity, and possible legal repercussions, and are afraid to risk the possible wrath again with another sledgehammer? Even the liters seem to be topping out power wise over the last few years......is it the technology maxed out or something else?

You don't own one and probably have been on one for extended amount of time, So one guys opinion and his shops flagship bike is a 14r and we're the koolaid drinkers?

If gadson rode for zuke he would dominate. More in the rider at that level than anything.

Should dodge and gm shutdown the camaro and challenger since they're barely faster than the mustang that's at a big hp disadvantage.

I don't really understand the whiny logic that resembles the I wants I see in the toy isles of wal mart. If its so lacking then don't buy it. Is not communism. You can buy what you want from who you want.

I don't really understand why you're so unhappy with something you don't even own
Posted via Mobile Device

Did you buy the GEN II, if you did then how can you complain. If not, why do you care.

:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Gee, maybe I would buy a Gen II if the difference was substancial enough
maybe that's why I'm complaining...???

See the Pnut/Jeff Dunham video above.

Neither option makes any sense...you've never bought something and been
disappointed and complained?
And you've never awaited something new and been disappointed and not bought it?

You don't own one and probably have been on one for extended amount of time, So one guys opinion and his shops flagship bike is a 14r and we're the koolaid drinkers?

If gadson rode for zuke he would dominate. More in the rider at that level than anything.

Should dodge and gm shutdown the camaro and challenger since they're barely faster than the mustang that's at a big hp disadvantage.

I don't really understand the whiny logic that resembles the I wants I see in the toy isles of wal mart. If its so lacking then don't buy it. Is not communism. You can buy what you want from who you want.

I don't really understand why you're so unhappy with something you don't even own
Posted via Mobile Device

Your comment on the kool-aid drinkers is unfounded...read one of my above post,
I don't sugarcoat. Jones is primarily a Suzuki guy and raced them, Busa's and turbo's
everywhere...he recently switched to the 14 due to some issue with sponser money.

Last edited:
I think the power mongers among us will always want the sledge hammer of bikes when talking about the busa. But I think the majority (who suzuki sells to) will be fine with the 170 rear wheel ponies the busa delivers now. For some reason it seems the bike makers are afraid of going over 200 rwhp with their bikes ??? Even the new, supposedly monster VMax, which had all the potential, doesn't break the magic 200hp mark :whistle:
Maybe suzuki (and everybody else) got a scare with the gen1 and all the guvment' publicity, and possible legal repercussions, and are afraid to risk the possible wrath again with another sledgehammer? Even the liters seem to be topping out power wise over the last few years......is it the technology maxed out or something else?

That's a good point and I thought of that. The liability behind a 200hp machine,
that is why I began adding the traction control. I don't think we'll see a
200hp (give or take 10hp) machine from the factory with out it.
THAT is the new technology.

Good point, good post. :thumbsup:

Speaking strictly from a HP upgrade....That's a good point and possibility Big Red.

Your comment on the kool-aid drinkers is unfounded...read one of my above post,
I don't sugarcoat. Jones is primarily a Suzuki guy and raced them, Busa's and turbo's
everywhere...he recently switched to the 14 due to some issue with sponser money.

Exactly he gets paid to put over the 14r.same biased opinion as in magazines.

Why does anyone want traction control. Its not gonna help you go faster in the straights. If your worried about track days its the wrong bike to have no matter what they do to it. Its like jamming a square peg in round hole it can be done just a wasted effort. They're fun to throw around but but there's more effecient machines for the job.

You can judge somebodies house from across the street but until you own one you can't appreciate the small things.
Posted via Mobile Device

My Gen I makes 170 rwhp, weighs 480 lbs, on track days people come off the track, stop at my paddock area and say things like, "wow, I thought that was a Hayabusa". (probably after I passed them). I go on 2 week tours with this bike, ride with 600's in the twisties, cruise with some Harley guys, on and on....and some in this thread tell me I should be unhappy with Suzuki? Why, because aftert 5-600 mile days 2 states from home, Suzuki doesn't greet me with a limo and take me out to dinner? Let's just say, I AM PERFECTLY HAPPY WITH MY HAYABUSA. Maybe the real issue is the pathology of investing effort in finding fault instead of developing one's ability to achieve personal fulfillment. Raydog

would also noob proof, hence the lawyers would be happy.

Read the tech on the new bmw1000, it ain't science fiction.

Just what every noob needs, a 200 hp bike :whistle:

And it's BMW, they always have the trick goodies before everyone else, that's one of their selling points

his biased opinion....was he like Busa's better. Said they were awesome motors
and bulletproof. He did say the 14 was easier to get to "breath" than a Gen I
but the Gen II was easier than the 14. But he's talking strip...
He wasn't dogging the Gen II cause Kawi helps sponser his team, he seemed
to be very honest, knowledgeable, genuine person.

As far as traction control, it depends on the type and sophistication...
Imagine having 200 ponies on your right wrist and all you have to do is
pin it back and the computer senses rear wheel spin (so it won't spin out)
and front wheel lift (so you wont wheelie)...perfect full blown launch every time.
It would have an off switch, much more sophisticated than the worthless
"mode selector". Forget the track, that would be awesome red light to red light
and would also noob proof, hence the lawyers would be happy.

Read the tech on the new bmw1000, it ain't science fiction.

Tc will never be faster than somebody with a decent amount of skill. And imho takes the talent of riding out of the equation. No matter how sophisticated its slows you down to prevent lift or wheel spin. Also would make maintence more difficult and more expensive. More parts = more headaches.

What did he say was worth the money a new 14 or busa. Since you left that out I guess ill just assume the convo went more toward the 14.
Posted via Mobile Device

Just what every noob needs, a 200 hp bike :whistle:

And it's BMW, they always have the trick goodies before everyone else, that's one of their selling points

And why their bikes COST so much...to bad with all that tech, they are not competitive in racing either...

MotoGP, WSB, AMA...at the drag strip...anywhere :dunno:

Well according to the OP...and he is the one with the butt dyno... :moon::moon::moon:

It's only 8hp difference between the Gen1 and the Gen2 :lol:

Send in the clowns...again we spouse cartoon characters and make
jokes without the tiniest shread of anything factual.

DID YOU NOT READ MY EARLIER POST...did you not see the physical
evidence of the dynos (same source btw)

:wtf: dude, is there life above your nose?

oh yeah I forgot....:lol:

Last edited:
Back