Let's talk member ratings

MC MUSTANG

Peace Keeper or Ban Hammer-it's up to you; IDMBT#9
Staff member
Administrator
Registered
Hey everyone,
So now, CAp and others have done some extensive behind the scenes carpentry to the board and as a result several things have been improved/brought back -among these is the ability of members to rate each other...
Here are a few things that we should all keep in mind when rating each other:
1. you are not rated until someone rates you.
2. you cannot rate yourself.
3. once you rate someone, you cannot re-rate them or retract your rating.
4. rating is anonymous, the raters cannot be seen.
5. the rating level that you will see is an average of all ratings recieved.

So, I post this so that people don't have to go and start playing around and skewing member ratings to try and learn how it works - as I see it, there are big time benefits as well as HUMONGOUS pitfalls.

Here is what I mean...
With the auction site, one of the benefits to using the same screennames is that a person can come back and look at a member's profile, which now includes a member rating. The down side here is that there is no way to know how many members' ratings are included (because the rating is an average), so they will have to take the rating at face value, if at all.

Let's say that a random member, who we'll call, oh I don't know, MCM as an example, starts an unpopular topic. Really makes people angry - does that mean that members should rate MCM as a 1? I don't know, that is up to you as members; however, I do remind you that once a rating is issued, it cannot be undone.

On the other side, just because someone agrees with your post, doesn't automatically mean that they should rate a 5, unless you are okay with the fact that you will never be able to change it.

Please don't abuse this - because we can't see who you have rated or who has rated you - and because we can't fix it once it is done...

Just trying to let you all know what is what, and what?

wink.gif

yup...you can't take it back once you do it. I was jacking around with GunnyBusa and gave him a 1....tried to fix it. No chance of that.

Sorry Gunny, now you have some work to do. Just remember, Be nice.
biggrin.gif

I gave Devil Dog a <span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'>5</span> 'cause he has a <span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'>kick azz Jeep !</span>
laugh.gif
biggrin.gif

(Warputer @ Oct. 24 2006,16:59) I gave Devil Dog a <span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'>5</span> 'cause he has a <span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'>kick azz Jeep !</span>      
laugh.gif

biggrin.gif
ices_rofl.gif

(Warputer @ Oct. 24 2006,13:59) I gave Devil Dog a <span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'>5</span> 'cause he has a <span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'>kick azz Jeep !</span>      
laugh.gif

biggrin.gif
ices_rofl.gif
jump9.gif

And I gave Monster a <span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'>5</span> cause he's got <span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'>Tattoo's</span> , like myself !    
laugh.gif

(Warputer @ Oct. 24 2006,17:05) And I gave Monster a <span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'>5</span> cause he's got <span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'>Tattoo's</span> , like myself !    
laugh.gif
kickass.gif
I gave you guyz 5's because I wanna be like you
all_coholic.gif

(Devil Dog @ Oct. 24 2006,13:54) yup...you can't take it back once you do it.  I was jacking around with GunnyBusa and gave him a 1....tried to fix it.  No chance of that.

Sorry Gunny, now you have some work to do.  Just remember, Be nice.
biggrin.gif
You dropped me to a 3 with that
AAAssjani.gif
Karma my dear jarhead karma

wink.gif
....and Gunny gets a <span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'>5</span> 'cause he's military !
biggrin.gif

(Gunnybusa @ Oct. 24 2006,14:16)
(Devil Dog @ Oct. 24 2006,13:54) yup...you can't take it back once you do it.  I was jacking around with GunnyBusa and gave him a 1....tried to fix it.  No chance of that.

Sorry Gunny, now you have some work to do.  Just remember, Be nice.
biggrin.gif
You dropped me to a 3 with that  
AAAssjani.gif
 Karma my dear jarhead karma
jump9.gif
jump9.gif
jump9.gif

jump9.gif

jump9.gif

(Warputer @ Oct. 24 2006,14:19)
wink.gif
....and Gunny gets a <span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'>5</span> 'cause he's military !  
biggrin.gif
Thank you . I am almost back to my pre-Vinny level!

No surprise my member rating is 1.5 as of this post. But I'm sure that's from people who just think of me as immature because I admit I won't fully gear up for every ride. But those members who feel like giving me low personal ratings probably have no idea that I'm trustworthy when it comes to dealing with people. I have done business with 3 people here and followed through exactly as I said. And one deal was for over a thousand dollars.

But that's ok if I'm rated low... I expected it from some people. And those people are ones I'd probably dislike in real life anyway and never meet up to ride with.

So bring on the low ratings!
all_coholic.gif

(Gunnybusa @ Oct. 24 2006,14:23)
wink.gif
biggrin.gif
you're lucky we can't rate over and over again.  I'd make you a recruit.

<table style=filter:glow(color=red)>RecruitBusa</table>

(Devil Dog @ Oct. 24 2006,14:25)
(Gunnybusa @ Oct. 24 2006,14:23)
wink.gif
biggrin.gif
you're lucky we can't rate over and over again.  I'd make you a recruit.

<table style=filter:glow(color=red)>RecruitBusa</table>
Id make you a poolie! and then teach you how to clip on you chin strap so it wont blow in the wind!

Back