Rate the Gen II update

Rate The Gen II Update

• The update is awesome and I look forward to comtemplating BNG for the next Ten Years

Votes: 42 33.6%
  • The udate was Fair and I look forward to seeing what Suzuki has in store in the next couple of years

Votes: 52 41.6%
  • The udate was bare minimal and Suzuki should have done a complete Redesign

Votes: 31 24.8%

• Total voters

Justyntym

The Pessimistic Optimist
Donating Member
Registered
I've ragged on it enough everyone knows how I feel but I am curious
about the general population's opinion. Please think carefully and answer
honestly.
How do rate the Updated version of the Busa based on what you expected
and what they could have/should have done.

Last edited:
I did not have a Gen1, I was riding a CBR1100xx at that time. I rode a few and I thought the suspension sucked, so I waited till the Gen2 came out.

i have 2 gen 1's and 1 gen 2 bike.

The gen II bike i think they did a great job, it seems much more refined to me vs the earlier bikes, nice and SMOOTH.

Pulls pretty hard for a bone stocker, gonna add boost over the winter which should wake it up some. But have almost 1000 miles on my gen II and enjoyed each one of them.

I didn't have a Gen 1, but I did want a Busa for 2-3 years and I knew at some point there would be a new or updated model. I waited for it and I have it. I heard of a few shortcomings on the Gen 1, like suspension. I waited for a while to buy the 2 just to see what everyone's opinions were. The few complaints weren't worth not having one in my opinion. I love mine and it is beautiful and runs strong. Love the color too, silver/grey.

I think our problem is that Suzuki knocked it WAY out of the park when the Gen. 1 hit, alot of people were expecting the same thing the second time....pretty hard to do !!!

I think our problem is that Suzuki knocked it WAY out of the park when the Gen. 1 hit, alot of people were expecting the same thing the second time....pretty hard to do !!!

How hard would it be to redesign a ten year old frame design for added strength
and less weight...they do it every 2 years on a liter?
That's just for starters...

You could paint them all like April's Easter Egg's for all I care,,,, I am holding my emotions and waiting for GenIV before I decide. :laugh:

I don't get to picky. If they were still making the same gen 1 when I got my 08 I still wouldve bought it.

Not saying I don't want more but if it had more updates I still would update more with aftermarket. Its not like you have to buy it. Go buy a 14r if you want a total new bruiser and quit whining.
Posted via Mobile Device

First off, I've owned both. Put 36K on an '06 and have 6K on the '08.

Given that the Gen I was a first and set the bar so high that they had to have restrictions placed on them makes it hard to really do tons of updates and keep the bike priced below the sportbikes, which they do.

Suzuki really had little incentive to do a complete redesign because the Busa just keeps on rolling off the show room floors quicker than they produce them.

The introduction of the 14 is probably the main reason they did anything at all. While they were at it they went ahead and made all the practical updates they could. Answering all our major complaints and adding things we didn't even ask for and few Gen II owners don't even realize.

The 14 matched the Gen I pretty well in performance. The Gen II put them back in the rear.

I love my Busa :bowdown: Thank You Suzuki.

How hard would it be to redesign a ten year old frame design for added strength
and less weight...they do it every 2 years on a liter?
That's just for starters...

I too have owned an 07busa and now have the 08. I am ok with what they did, but believe they could have done a lot more, I know the bar was set high when the busa first came out, but still believe suzuki could have done way more..I also think waiting til 2008 to make any changes on a bike is so wrong, I hope they don't wait another 10 years! I know the zx14 isn't going to wait around. Just my 2 cent

Back