Update on my Gen 2 build.

Just wanted to give you guys an update on my 99 Gen 2 busa conversion. This bike was a gen 1 99 busa. But I’ve blown my Gen 1 motor due to previous owner what he did to the motor. But long story short. A week later I bought a 2012-2015 Gen 2 busa motor in very good condition with only 7,900 miles on it. It came off a good running wrecked gen 2 busa . The guy bought from the auction. And I got a steal on it. Dude originally wanted 2000 . But I only paid 1600 for it. So right now I’m getting my motor built and wait for it get put in. My Head ported and polished and shaved. 2 intake cams and much more . Does anyone know the horsepower & torque I would be making ?. And my buddy has a gen 1 , he’s getting the samething done. They said his would make 190 hp something. Happy to say I own a gen 2 busa now. The only thing gen 1 on my bike is the frame. And why i didn’t go out and buy a gen 2 , this bike was my first bike and I didn’t want to go through the process of selling and waiting . So I built me a gen 2 busa. And yes I have everything required for the gen 2 swap.

1B7C4DE4-E0B8-46D8-AB2A-5223EF3C6802.jpeg

7A32388B-5D81-4103-A110-E5B43FA99B84.jpeg

DEFABABF-15CA-4D24-81E3-A088799D0583.jpeg

8B0896F3-BBB1-4C4E-85B2-7ED0199523C0.jpeg

FA520BA7-1F10-4A0E-8E1E-745194CEF3D6.jpeg

4FD31C3C-4E1C-4413-9784-52C62C39B1C5.jpeg

That’s awesome bro! I know that feels good . Built not bought
Good stuff fam. I've built two Busas from the ground up myself. Just finished the 2nd recently outside of the paint. The pride, satisfaction and knowing I did this is all there but...I don't think I want to ever do it again. I'll always know I can but just want to ride now lol. This was my first Busa I did. I painted the frame myself to in a homemade spray booth.
Screenshot_20190417-111039_Instagram.jpg

Where's @rubbersidedown to see this? :D
hey Smoke,how goes it. :super:
What are we looking at here? Is this the finished product?
Pic 1 is yer new brain box,cluster and a new shift lite?
Pic 2...you got the right harness. :thumbsup:
Pic 3...how it stands today? Or how you want it to look?
If that's the route you are going...or have gone...no offence,but if yer gonna ride this on the street I'm not a fan of the 50% loss in front brakes. Just my opinion.
Another opinion U may not care for is the use of that Evil swingarm.I'm not a fan. Have not had one in my hands,but they look a little cheesy and flimsy.
Pic 4...If its gonna be trailered around...score a Canyon Dancer sport bike strap. The start at about 40 bucks and up depending on if you want the heavy strap and/or heavy duty cam buckles. Air shifter,right on!!! Kanji stator cover. Cool.
Pic 5.... Always put a block of wood down (like I've drawn ya,the Busa front fender hits the box wall before the tire does) saves you damaging the front of the fender. 2 short blocks of 4"x4" inch works nicely.Don't use round,tire wants to climb up it.

Pic 6...You got the "Pimp Daddy" clutch cover. Cool. Is it the back lit one?(red lite would look sweet)
Has that corrosion etched in that motor? Or do I need my fuggin glasses?
Now comes the good part. hehehe. What have you done with all the Gen I parts. I need them. A few of us are trying to help a fellow member get his bike back on the road after parts of his Busa were destroyed in a fire. He's a stand-up guy who could use a helping hand. He did not ask us for help,that was our doing. Anyway,we need some bits.
Here's a link to the thread,if you've got anything you can help us out with...cool. No worries at all if you just tell me to go get fugged. (its been done before) LOL. We have some $ but free is good.
Members helping a member
....and yes.I have no shame.

You have made an' EXCELLENT choice in colors . One of my favs.
It only took me 5 Busa's to get it right. Party on...rubbersidedown.
Rubb.

Last edited:
Looks great that is my favorite color combo. Have you researched the 2 intake cam thing. I thought it was not worth much up and really hard on cam buckets because it a little offset.
Thank you bro and no sir I haven’t . It was just something my mechanic suggested. I know a 08 1K with a stock motor with 2 intake cams killing Busa’s and 1000’s out there . They call it killer bee

Good stuff fam. I've built two Busas from the ground up myself. Just finished the 2nd recently outside of the paint. The pride, satisfaction and knowing I did this is all there but...I don't think I want to ever do it again. I'll always know I can but just want to ride now lol. This was my first Busa I did. I painted the frame myself to in a homemade spray booth. View attachment 1623556
Thanks bro very much appreciate it. And that’s awesome bro , clean bike too man. The fact it’s built and not bought a lot of love and hard work going into your builds. Respect ✊. Lol facts man I just want to race/ride too

hey Smoke,how goes it. :super:
What are we looking at here? Is this the finished product?
Pic 1 is yer new brain box,cluster and a new shift lite?
Pic 2...you got the right harness. :thumbsup:
Pic 3...how it stands today? Or how you want it to look?
If that's the route you are going...or have gone...no offence,but if yer gonna ride this on the street I'm not a fan of the 50% loss in front brakes. Just my opinion.
Another opinion U may not care for is the use of that Evil swingarm.I'm not a fan. Have not had one in my hands,but they look a little cheesy and flimsy.
Pic 4...If its gonna be trailered around...score a Canyon Dancer sport bike strap. The start at about 40 bucks and up depending on if you want the heavy strap and/or heavy duty cam buckles. Air shifter,right on!!! Kanji stator cover. Cool.
Pic 5.... Always put a block of wood down (like I've drawn ya,the Busa front fender hits the box wall before the tire does) saves you damaging the front of the fender. 2 short blocks of 4"x4" inch works nicely.Don't use round,tire wants to climb up it.

View attachment 1623560

Pic 6...You got the "Pimp Daddy" clutch cover. Cool. Is it the back lit one?(red lite would look sweet)
Has that corrosion etched in that motor? Or do I need my fuggin glasses?
Now comes the good part. hehehe. What have you done with all the Gen I parts. I need them. A few of us are trying to help a fellow member get his bike back on the road after parts of his Busa were destroyed in a fire. He's a stand-up guy who could use a helping hand. He did not ask us for help,that was our doing. Anyway,we need some bits.
Here's a link to the thread,if you've got anything you can help us out with...cool. No worries at all if you just tell me to go get fugged. (its been done before) LOL. We have some $ but free is good.
Members helping a member
....and yes.I have no shame. View attachment 1623561

You have made an' EXCELLENT choice in colors . One of my favs.
It only took me 5 Busa's to get it right. Party on...rubbersidedown.
Rubb.

1. this is a finished product of bike.
And Yes new all of that. I race and I ride on the street. And that’s exactly how it stands today. It’s in the shop getting motor work done. And no offense taken. Everyone has their own opinions . And ohh okay thanks for the advice on the straps. And that stator cover is coming off. I have a quick access one now . And ohh okay gotcha do that when I haul the bike. And speak of crack front fender it happened. My boy forgot to grab the brakes and it hit the bed of his truck. But I’m getting it fixed and the motor is in very excellent condition and the pic of the bottom is my motor now . And I appreciate all the info bro. And yes I think I’ll have some extra gen 1 motor parts. I’m keeping my gen 1 block though

View attachment 1623562

05419513-4F27-4101-9EAB-A6EBD17C798D.jpeg

Right on @SmokeKingOfCali99Hayabusa looks/sounds like yer in good hands. We dont need any motor parts for the re-build we are doing right now,but thanks 4 lookin' out. Yer gonna kick some azz with yer re-built power plant. :D
Rubb.

Back