Gen Ii Pilot Road 4 190/55/17 Review , And Millage Wear Rate.

c10

Registered
The purpose here is to track usage , wear rate , performance . New shoes placed in service @ 3646 miles on a 2014 Gen II with just slip ons , ecu flash , and weight reduction of about 35 pounds .

Rider weight in full gear with small tank bag 168 pounds .
Passenger in full gear 113 pounds .
That is a total of 281 pounds .

Tires measured @ DOT marking for rear is 6.65 mm , and @ a wear bar depth is 5.75 mm ( new zero miles)

After just 272 miles ( 40 miles solo ) the wear is as follow for REAR tire . 6.08 mm and @ wear bar 5.27 mm . That is .48 mm nearly .5 mm of wear . Tire preasures were @ 41 rear , 40 front .
Ride conditions mids 60's temps warming to low 80's . Road surfaces medium to course .
Riding type/style . Medium to aggressive in curvy roads . Top speed achieved 109 mph GPS .
1 Wheelie .

At that pace of wear I can only make 3700 miles to a done tire . My next ride will be solo with 42/42 psi
on better road surfaces , but still some curves . I hope to see much less wear .

Tire performance is GREAT allowing full use of tire from shoulder to shoulder never a slip that on the same roads with OEM tires gave many pucker moments. Stock tires were removed @ 3646 with small amount of life left .

20160310_165511_zpssvlupgww.jpg
20160314_061439_zpsqfjusn5f.jpg

I noticed the end caps on your R77s are beginning to turn a bit yellow. May be the lighting and not sure how many miles you have on them but you might want to consider a repack soon. You can get the kits from Yosh for a reasonable price and it's not hard to do. They recommend 7-10K miles per repack but I have found you can go 15-20K unless you ride really hard.

Thanks E Zurcher . Millage on them from my bike is just a 2000 miles . They were purchased used from e bay in like new condition . they do have a light fade but the lighting really makes it more than it is . They are very quiet for the RACE version according to the part # from Yosh . You can no longer get this style R77 they told me .

Nice report on a nice tire.

I've got over 6000 miles on my pilot road 4 and probably a couple thou left, depending on the mood of my right wrist this summer. I'll have to replace it in June. Man I hate how expensive bike tires are!

I now have 600 miles and wear has reduced with smoother road surfaces. Ill post numbers later when home , but wear rate has bumped posiable millage to 4500 .

Back