Let's talk member ratings

I got a 2
super.gif
and I don't even talk to anyone.
all_coholic.gif

(thepushercg @ Oct. 27 2006,03:32) let me help you out a bit atomic. very few deserve to be rated a one.
I concur that there are very few here that rate a 1.

Ratings like this are too subjective to be taken seriously. We have fun with it on other boards, but it's really meaningless.

Where it really counts is in the auction site where people can rate you based on provable FACTS of a transaction and how well it went. Very little (though there is some) subjectivity in that scenario.

Now, where the hell is the rating button? I have some ratings to give out!

biggrin.gif

--Wag--

(Ride_or_Fish @ Oct. 28 2006,20:34) I thought that red line meant I had a full tank of gas!   Just where does one rate another member?    
SHOCKED.gif
When you select thier profile, near the bottom of thier information.

(forceofnature @ Oct. 25 2006,13:50)
(LadyHawk @ Oct. 25 2006,09:39)
(forceofnature @ Oct. 25 2006,12:25) Thats ok LadyHawk I will be the one to be ignored. I dont mind.
That's cuz you own a Ninja..

JUST kidding..
laugh.gif
Sheesh I need to edit that signature both the Buell and Ninja are now gone.
Well that deserves a warm fuzzy!

(Greg B @ Oct. 29 2006,11:08) I went from a 5 to a 3 overnight. My ex-wife must have been here
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
i will make a wager that in 3 more months the only 5's will be new people. i think there's one cat on this board running around laying the 1 rating down on a few.

tounge.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

biggrin.gif

I know the member ratings are supposed to be worthless fun but the more I think about it the more I believe that they should be axed. I think they give people, mostly new to the site, the wrong idea about members and what this site is all about.

(RaveCrusader @ Nov. 13 2006,08:55) I know the member ratings are supposed to be worthless fun but the more I think about it the more I believe that they should be axed. I think they give people, mostly new to the site, the wrong idea about members and what this site is all about.
I have to agree wth you.

As long as we let everyone know that its a realativly new feature its ok... At the end of the day the rule of large numbers will apply.

I dont take it personally, while I think everyone wants to be a 5 all of us are probably more like a 3....... My rating has been a 3 since we started this silly thing, Im ok with that it makes me average, being as vocal as I am with this many members average is good.

Just dont put too much energy into a rating.....

Cap

i like the controversy it stirs up, it is fun to see others reaction to a post, give or take a point or two from you.

Well,
Since the ratings are gone (for now?) no reason for this to be pinned.....

Back