Let's talk music

Projekt

Registered
I was reading through the Kanye West thread.. Looked like a bunch of Drama to me, no comment from me...

Who likes Anthony Hamilton? I am not sure about how much airplay he gets in the States since I am in Europe.. But, that mutherphuker is talented. His songs are so deep. Anybody ever listen to Ball n'Chain off "soulife"?
That song makes me want to drive my pick-up to Georgia and pick tomatoes on the way. Dang, I love it..

What about Robert Randolph and the Family Band?
There is another super talented group. Real musician and all in your face with the Bluesy/Rock/Funk thing that they do so well. The lapsteel and penetrating blues riffs with guitar and percussion to boot. "Nobody" gets me going when I am out of it...

(Projekt @ Nov. 07 2006,09:30) I was reading through the Kanye West thread.. Looked like a bunch of Drama to me, no comment from me...

Who likes Anthony Hamilton? I am not sure about how much airplay he gets in the States since I am in Europe.. But, that mutherphuker is talented. His songs are so deep. Anybody ever listen to Ball n'Chain off "soulife"?
That song makes me want to drive my pick-up to Georgia and pick tomatoes on the way. Dang, I love it..

What about Robert Randolph and the Family Band?
There is another super talented group. Real musician and all in your face with the Bluesy/Rock/Funk thing that they do so well. The lapsteel and penetrating blues riffs with guitar and percussion to boot. "Nobody" gets me going when I am out of it...
What no Miles Davis. You seem like the type of person who would dig his style of music, being a such a deep versital individual .
cool.gif

But yeah, I dig Anthony Hamilton but my wife loves how the brotha flow along with our local home breed John Legend.

Anthony Hamilton? Robert Randolph? I need to get out more....Led Zeppelin, Jethro Tull, early Chicago (Chicago Transit Authority).....................
super.gif

Well I used to play jazz Saxophone (alto and I even owned a Selmer MKVII Paris) back in the day. So, yes, that's "My Sh*t"!

(Projekt @ Nov. 07 2006,12:50) Well I used to play jazz Saxophone (alto and I even owned a Selmer MKVII Paris) back in the day. So, yes, that's "My Sh*t"!
beerchug.gif

Robert and The Family Band Randolph is a KICK Asz band.. If you like what you do, you will like his music..

(Projekt @ Nov. 07 2006,10:50) Well I used to play jazz Saxophone (alto and I even owned a Selmer MKVII Paris) back in the day. So, yes, that's "My Sh*t"!
Ever heard of a cat called J. Spencer (Saprano Sax player)? The brotha is off the hook (Hip Hop Jazz).

Check him out when you get the chance.
DSC03391.jpg

Anthony Hamilton is dayum good. I saw him in concert once with Angie Stone. They are what I mean when I say "Artist". They have both been around in the background for years writing and producing. They fallin in the Neo-soul/R&B genre of music. Real artists don't need flashy BS to entertain, they are typically masters of what they do, i.e. B.B. King.

I tell you John Mayer is starting to get my attention. I knew when he first came out he was pretty good. His latest stuff seems to be possibly better, although nothing was wrong with his previous stuff.

If any of you have ever been to a Prince concert, you know you got your f*cking money's worth. He always has top notch musicians, and he gives you and show filled with energy and talent from beginning to end, till he does Purple Rain and shuts that biyatch down!! I haven't always agreed with with his fashion tastes, but you can't knock his talent, and don't forget he did knock off Carmen Electra and countless other bad biyatches!!

(Southside Playa @ Nov. 07 2006,12:12) Anthony Hamilton is dayum good. I saw him in concert once with Angie Stone. They are what I mean when I say "Artist". They have both been around in the background for years writing and producing. They fallin in the Neo-soul/R&B genre of music. Real artists don't need flashy BS to entertain, they are typically masters of what they do, i.e. B.B. King.

I tell you John Mayer is starting to get my attention. I knew when he first came out he was pretty good. His latest stuff seems to be possibly better, although nothing was wrong with his previous stuff.

If any of you have ever been to a Prince concert, you know you got your f*cking money's worth. He always has top notch musicians, and he gives you and show filled with energy and talent from beginning to end, till he does Purple Rain and shuts that biyatch down!! I haven't always agreed with with his fashion tastes, but you can't knock his talent, and don't forget he did knock off Carmen Electra and countless other bad biyatches!!
John Mayers, I have to check him out. How about Van Hunt, ?

(Rhythm @ Nov. 07 2006,13:34)
(Projekt @ Nov. 07 2006,10:50) Well I used to play jazz Saxophone (alto and I even owned a Selmer MKVII Paris) back in the day. So, yes, that's "My Sh*t"!
Ever heard of a cat called J. Spencer (Saprano Sax player)? The brotha is off the hook (Hip Hop Jazz).

Check him out when you get the chance.
DSC03391.jpg
Based on the hat he's wearing, I like him already.

Well there you have it. Looks like a quite definitive list of Soul artists. I'll look into acquiring their Music.

Back