BILLBOARD music charts

WWJD

Donating Member
Registered
RANT #273

According to Webster....
"Talent" - 4 a: a special often creative or artistic aptitude b: general intelligence or mental power : ability

If I see the word "FEATURING" much more in the BILLBOARD MUSIC CHARTS, then I'll be DONE listening to the RADIO forever!!! Wanna know why nobody is BUYING music anymore? CUZ THERE'S NO 'MUSIC' WORTH SPENDING MONEY ON! The word "Featuring" is listed no less than 9 times in the top 20 songs this week. NINE! Apparently no one is talented enough to complete a cohesive song by themselves. LAME! Get some skillz! I know it's just the current craze for the past few years... same years of declining sales and increased piracy online. Who wants to PAY CASH for the same cheap 2 measure Drum loop remixed over and over and over again, except with a new vocalist that is beeped out most of the time? And enough with that CLAP SOUND already. I can admit, I do like a nice wide vareity of music and the computerized clap sound definitly has it's place, but..... EVERYWHERE? I turned on our local pop station and heard 10 songs in a row with just that abused clap sound on the upbeat. Give it a rest, Timbaland! Find the snare samples in your Native Instruments Komplete software.... I GUARENTEE you will find about 150 differnt snare and beat sounds that sound better than that stale over used clap. Heck, I've got a PS2 music VIDEO GAME capable of making better music than the pointless looped crap people are mistaking for music. THANKS RECORD COMPANIES FOR TRYING TO TELL US WHAT WE LIKE.

I yearn for the day when I see a song in the top 10 that says: by An Actual Artist >>FEATURING<< "Talent"

banghead.gif
cursin.gif

boohoo.gif
boohoo.gif
boohoo.gif
egitarre77.gif
egitarre77.gif

bill.JPG

boohoo.gif

boohoo.gif

egitarre77.gif

gotta tell ya, as a dj i struggle to find anything current that is worth a damn to play. everything now that i would consider pop is all bubble gum and lame. i was actually havin a convo about this last night.

wtf happened to the early 2000's when artists were droppin hot songs every other day??? this lame azz music is killin me!!!

and if t*pain releases anymore songs i am gonna shoot myself. he is the most non talented musical artist ever. hell anyone can sound good when singin through a synthesizor(sp?)......
guns.gif
guns.gif
guns.gif

guns.gif

guns.gif

So WWJD tell us how you realllly feel!

I hear on all points and agree!

That is why I don't feel bad about downloading lol

Me neither! I tell ya, as a music writer/singer/songwriter/producer, I SHOULD be the first one spouting off about how bad piracy is, but I guess it's not. ALL Music ought to be free anyway. Most TRUE artists feel compelled to share their gift... not make a buck. When I read how Timbaland has a full time staff tallying statistical trends of sounds and beats, I lost my cork. How LAME! That's not music, that's a faceless corporation selling us mass produced trash.

I realize the kids buy it because this is all their generation has to listen to musically, we ALL had our "era of music", but come on - with EVERYBODY using that clap sound, isn't that a LITTLE UNCREATIVE? ? ? It was unique and interesting when 2 out of 10 songs had it - it stood out as cool and unique, but now they all use it. Totally diminishes it's impact. Musically, it's too much. You gotta PLAY with your listener, give them something to do.... nobody sits in their car and CLAPS along on every other beat because it's in the song.... but give them a punchy, lights out, CLAP breakdown in the middle and everyone will join in. Bah.

Ozzy, thanks for that from a DJ! I feel so alone in my opinions on this. At least DANCE music has feel and purpose even if it is as basic as the beat... that is what it exists for. I guess I hear a lot of radio music that wants to be CLUB music. Little tip: it's a RADIO! Not a club.

I've heard some good modern stuff, stuff destined to be future classics and DOES sell well. And it ain't the CLAP music. This will swing the other way sometime - all things do. but it's killing me

80's and 90's are the big music genres in the bars right now...

Funny, I have the TV on, and as I was reading the first sentence about the overused clap, a Directv commercial with Beyonce came on... Guess what the first thing I heard was? CLAP!

Smashing Pumpkins are getting back together
smile.gif
Have you heard their song from the Transformers? AWESOME! Doomsday Clock... My favorite song right now. This video isn't exactly what I'd like to see with the song though, but it does unfortunately kinda go with it.

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah my wife and I have a TON of cds, but almost nothing thats current. I think the last complete CD we bought was the newest Goo Goo Dolls cd.

99% of the new "music" out there right now is, in my opinion. CRAP.

i've just pretty much given up on the whole listening to the radio anymore just give me some old punk cd's or any dropkick murphys cd and im good most of it sounds like crap and im ok with it i'de rather go to a concert and hear a ok singer who's drenched in sweat because they're so into the show then go see someone who might sound better but their lips dont quit match the music and doesn't look like they're breakin a sweat i dunno

I'm not convinced that all music should be free but I do agree that most of the crap out now isn't even worth the time it takes to download for free.

Gags me every time.

Classical music, guys. Come to think of it, quite a few of the great pop and rock artists of the last 50 years were originally trained classically. It can be heard in their music. I doubt you can say that about current "artists." The lack is apparent.

--Wag--

Smashing Pumpkins are getting back together
smile.gif
Have you heard their song from the Transformers? AWESOME! Doomsday Clock... My favorite song right now. This video isn't exactly what I'd like to see with the song though, but it does unfortunately kinda go with it.

I haven't seen that video but it does goes with the song. Radiohead has a new cd and they go along with the music should be free ideal. They let people pay whatever they wanted to, to download the cd.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hell even the teens I know would rather be listening to classic rock than the current crop of Formula Crap Music and Lame pathetic Rap/R&B/Pop....

It's rough times right now...

Alternative isn't too shabby, I've still got NIN, Deftones, and there's a lot of decent "techno" noise out there that is good stuff...

Otherwise, it's pretty pathetic and sad what the industry has become... Never thought I'd be wistfully longing for 80s Hairbands...

OK I take that back... But yeah, anymore no talent hacks Rapping about their Beetches and Benjamins and I'm going to be hiring some hitters...
guns.gif

Back