Let's talk about where we are......

Ha! Yeah. It was a good one.
laugh.gif

I spend a bit of time in front of the computer in my off time, and the joke caught me off guard, and I was like, "Man! That's too bad!" I checked back a couple of times, not sure that it was for real. :sad: But that's about as extreme as it was for me. I have to agree with some of the other fellas here, unfortunately: it appears that some folks need to get out more and spend a bit more time "off line..."

Caught me and busaman 24.7 Dave off guard ...

We were gonna have a feed of Guinness to drown our sorrows..

But you ruined that....Not to worry ..We'll find another excuse.  
biggrin.gif
+1.......... what Jules said........... but then again, when did an Irishman ever need an excuse..
tounge.gif

When i first tried to log on i was like "Oh shid" then I looked at the calander on my desk. I told the wife that it had to be a joke. Still kinda cruel and unusual punishment tho im just glad it's back.

JJ

If some think this was a bad joke and they got all upset over it just think about what happened here locally. A principle of a local school played an even worse joke after school hours. She came over the intercom of the school and told all of the teachers to "lock themselves in ther rooms because there were 3 heavily armed men inside."

Now this was a joke!!!!!

So quit your whining, and honestly I read Cap's joke first thing Sat morning and said "yea right it is april fools day." If some others thought it was true then you need to go see your head doctor.

To end my rant GET OVER IT and move on, your life will not come to a screaching halt if for some reason the site did go down forever.

(note: these are only my opinions and if you don't agree with them then keep it to yourself because I really don't care.)

Doug,
keep up the good work and I thought it was an apropriate April Fools Joke, no hard feelings here and don't let the whiny wuss' get to you.

If nothing else, I think we all see how much we value coming here, how quickly we could lose contact with people we lean on for nearly everything in our 'virtual lives', but a joke is a joke is a joke...I wasn't upset; I was taken back a bit, but given the date, I just assumed it was a joke and figured it would all work out sooner or later...I've seen other boards do this on April 1st in the past, so it's not a new joke to play...

Those that were so offended by the joke just need to get past it and remember why they come here...those that found the joke a good one on us, keep laughing it up...no harm, no foul...

**no animals were injured in the making of said April Fool's joke by Doug**
tounge.gif

Don't mind them  cap.  

Their only jealous because the evil voices are talkin to you and not them.

I had an evil voice in my head once!!!! Kept telling me drink was good...

turns  out he was right.......  

wink.gif

<!--EDIT|BUSA-MAN 24-7
Reason for Edit: None given...|1144155746 -->

Absolutely no reason to apologize for this or any other thing you do with "your" site Captain! As members were all <span style='color:green'>$FREE$</span> to come and go as we see fit. Heck, post up if your not happy. But, may I suggest a cooling down period before one vents so as not to say things that might not reflect ones true feelings in a professional manor. Nothing wrong with having an opinion. Its often how you express it that can either convey the message or lose it... One could certainly argue that the behavior on the other side of the fence was just as over the top as Captain's "April Fools Day Gag". Difference being Captain was trying to be funny! Coincidentally, I thought it was very funny... (My therapist suggested laughing as a cure for my brief lived Org withdrawal). Keep up the good work Doug........... Ks<span style='color:green'></span>

<!--EDIT|ks-waterbug
Reason for Edit: None given...|1144158730 -->

Hey I've been on here for a little while, i log in daily usually in the morning, i love this site it help me make the decision to buy a busa.  When i first logged in i was shocked also but i read the message that said the site would be online until the 15th so i was waiting to see if it would be back on-line,  then i did what i usually do when I'm upset i went for a ride. so i could pray about it.

then i realized hey it's April fools day.  when i finally logged back in everything was back up and then i see these post about the joke.

If they can't take a very good joke (
beerchug.gif
)  or if they feel like the site is in that much danger then donate to help assure that finances will never be a reason to shut down.
just my .02!

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK CAPTAIN AND MUCH THANKS!
wink.gif
wink.gif
wink.gif

<!--EDIT|moeluv
Reason for Edit: None given...|1144157159 -->

wink.gif

wink.gif

Captain,

It did not offend me at all. In fact, I felt really bad when I read the post due to the fact I look forward to this site daily.

It makes you appreciate what is really offered here in this forum. Great people. Great feedback. Great problem solvers. Great comedians too!

hogger...

It was a joke get over it. I personally thought it was funny once I got over my intial panic! I see no reason for Cap to apologize although the fact that he did is another testament to his character.

Laugh it was funny and made a very salient point. I tell my wife It's just the Internet but then go into a panic when I think the site is gone...So apparently it holds a little more importance to me than I had initially thought. NOT TRYING TO IMPLY THERE WAS A LESSON INTENDED WITH THE JOKE. Although I learned one as a result... For which I thank you:laugh:
I was going to post the Dennis Leary Ahole song as a funny retailation but thought better of it!
cool.gif
Be thankful it isn't true and let it go.
E

No big deal. Some had a good laugh and a few had a good cry. But in the end all is well and life goes on.
@#&$ em if they can't take a joke...
Lifes too short to get pissed about something done in good humor...
I'm just glad it was not for real.

David

Wheres the love?
I joined before the joke
But was so busy, I didn't post yet

I wasn't pissed at the joke
I literally wanted to send some $$
to keep the site going

So once I pay off this project
I'm workin on now
I'll do just that

No hard feelings tho

Well Doug, you should not have to apologize for doing or not doing something to your own site. I know you are because it bothers you that some were upset.

Many of you went way over the top with complaints and comments to Cap. He has not complained about that, so I will. Some of the stuff that came back was just crazy and disrespectful. Captain has kept the site going even in tough personal times. Lately there has been more in-fighting and more craziness then normal. I think it is everyone else who actually owes Captain an apology. Gang chill out, this is a A-1 site for everyone to use and enjoy and is here only as long as “The Captainâ€￾ wants to keep it going. Frankly the only thing over the years that has pushed to the point of closing the site is rude crazy people (of which we always have some) that think they should be running the show.

Most of you all do a good job of keeping the site free of any kind of dirt, so please keep up the good work and ENJOY the site. There is life for all of us away from the site, but it does help bring some joy to our everyday schedules. Above all keep the humor and the little jabbing it is what makes this site a little different. Just don’t take it to the point of jabbing a sharp stick into someone’s eye. Oh and remember you were all knew at one time so treat new riders with the way you were treated (only if positive) when you arrived.

I have been around here for a long time and know some of the ups and downs that we can run into. The very worst thing is when we push good people away from the site. Let’s not do that especially the women who come and enjoy the site. Think with your brains guys on that one (the big brain) before you ogle and get excited. All in all thank you all for your contributions to the site in hours, stories, information, and dollars.

ENJOY ENJOY ENJOY!!

Here here NE!!!

I'll begin...

I apologize (for all the dummies that couldn't see the humor)...

biggrin.gif

And I apologize for those of us who could see the humor but did not help those who could not SEE CLEARLY.

Back