Jinkster

What I think is most interesting about the Jinkster's post is that it wasn't on this board. It wasn't anywhere that he knew the Cap would see; he posted it to get what he was thinking out in the open - even if it only helped him to get it off of his chest. I think it says a lot about the guy... Someone told me once that integrity was doing the right thing even when you knew no one would ever know that you did...
FWIW, my hat's off to ya.

In the management class I attended all last week, one of the things we talked about was how to build relationships.  One thing needed to build a relationship is "Trust".  Trust is allowing yourself to be voulnerable to others.

Bill has more than made himself voulnerable by the statements above, and as far as "I" am concerned, "I" trust that he is being sincere in his apology, and I trust that he is due another chance.

Bill...You're always welcome here as far as "I" am concerned.
cool.gif
+1 i second a second chance
soapbox.gif

Thanks for posting this. If he is big enough to say I'm sorry. I think Cap will be kind enough to listen to him. An apology is all about giving of oneself, whether the apology is accepted or not is not nearly as important as getting those words out. Good on you Bill for the public apology. I respect you.
+1
+10...er whatever the next number is!

beerchug.gif
+ 11. Hope things get better for ya Jinkster

Thanks for posting this. If he is big enough to say I'm sorry. I think Cap will be kind enough to listen to him. An apology is all about giving of oneself, whether the apology is accepted or not is not nearly as important as getting those words out. Good on you Bill for the public apology. I respect you.
+1
+10...er whatever the next number is!

beerchug.gif
+ 11. Hope things get better for ya Jinkster
+13

give him a chance
beerchug.gif
thumbs-up.gif

beerchug.gif

Bill - I realize it is difficult to find fault in ones self, however to openly admit them in public, and than Apologize is a becoming a rarity these days in our society - nicely done Sir.

beerchug.gif

Very nicely said! We are one big family. We stand, we fall, we fight...but in the end we are still family...

Now more importantly...I hope Bill has the diabetes under control!

Cap,

I've known Bill since before Hayabusa.org. If he threw a fit, it was definitely out of his nature. He is a stand up guy, and a bennifit to the board.

Just my $.02

Steve

I'm all for bringing him back...totally up to the one that banned him though...one thing I don't do here is override what other mods and admins do...
sad.gif

Not knowing what PM's and emails where exchanged and the severity of their nature. I would defer to the person who owns and operates this little slice of heaven. That being said it takes a big person to man up and apologize for their behaviour and give an explanation for their actions. Jinksters posts a lot of helpful links and how to's and has always made a valuable contribution to the board. Cap has always been extremely fair and forgiving in nature that I have seen. Things always seem to be resolved one way or another.

What I think is most interesting about the Jinkster's post is that it wasn't on this board.  It wasn't anywhere that he knew the Cap would see; he posted it to get what he was thinking out in the open - even if it only helped him to get it off of his chest.  I think it says a lot about the guy... Someone told me once that integrity was doing the right thing even when you knew no one would ever know that you did...
FWIW, my hat's off to ya.
+1

Jinkster has my vote (for what its worth)

That and .25 will get you........... Twenty Five Cents!!!!!!
biggrin.gif

I have known Bill for several years. I do not know what took place, nor is it any of my buisness. Bill is an assett to this site with all his superb how to posts.

If the ban is allowed to continue, the board will loose a great member. Just my 2 cents.

<!--EDIT|vman1300
Reason for Edit: None given...|1144246732 -->

Jinks deserves nothing but the best in my book... It was very well put...

Jinksters account is open to post....

I'm not going to go on and on about what happens behind closed doors nor am I going to ramble about what my opinions are.

Facts are:

1. After 6 years running this board I have seen folks cycle through the board. Those that leave mad normally return when they have calmed down, hence the "Bye" post.....
2. You can't get so mad about a site being down and then walk away and tell eveyone that your done..... I relate this to someone that is upset and once again I have seen this happen here before... My favorite thought on this topic would be "I love it so much I quit"
3. I banned Jinkster only after he started deleting threads, that too I believe was done because he was hot headed. He was trying to prove a point, it had already escalated and it was time to stop.
4. Now that things have calmed down a little everyone is beginning to see through the haze, Jinkster was upset and maybe made a few comments that he didnt mean, maybe he did...... I have never banned anyone for speaking their mind but I was not going to let someone start removing data.
5. As far as I am concerned there are no problems and this issue is over. If you tell me your leaving and you wont be back then "Bye" would be the appropriate response, if he isnt coming back then locking the account isnt hurting anyone, only if that person plans to return should they be effected. Anything after the exit statement is just drama that I dont need. I am not going to beg anyone to stay especially when they are as mad as Jinkster. Time heals all wounds and cooler heads prevail... Everyone (almost) is over the april fools day massacre and we can get back to day to day activities. I am sure that some of you are going to want to PM me and tell me what a jerk I am and that you disagree, please dont I will not respond. I have ridden this rodeo long enough that I know how it all works. There is more garbage that goes on this site day to day behind the scenes that you wouldn't believe it.. I dont need anymore messages.

CAp

<!--EDIT|captain
Reason for Edit: None given...|1144268024 -->

Back