Let's talk about the future of this site....

A request to @captain:
If the site's gonna close, can you give us a heads up?
I'd like to port my bookmarks (at the very least) before the portal closes.
...if that's possible, and with all due respect.

I too would pay. Though I understand why cap doesn't do it. It would raise tax issues and be a source of income etc. he would have to contend with. The extra work that would be involved probably isn't worth it. If people would just calm their jets a little it wouldn't be an issue. Its really that simple. A little self control goes a long ways. Its no wonder this country is in the state it is.

Last I recall nothing or nobody forces me to read anything here. Not one thing controls what I view here except me.

Politics is part of our country. Not talking about politics doesn't change the fact that politics is part of our country.

Not talking about it here does not help us bring clarity to a perspective that someone from a different socio economic educational place, has that is different than where mine may come from.

For our country to work, much like our politics, we have to learn from different perceptions that are based on the facts that they feel they know. Just because I have never seen a Proud Boy doesn't mean they don't exist.

And also like our country, we solve our problems in politics by finding out what we have in common that is easy to settle on and work out from there.

What seems to have changed in our general demeanor in this country, is if you oppose me, then you become a name to attempt to shut down your opposition.

I am starting to feel old because I can remember when our political leaders had class and a manner of decorum. McCain and Obama seems to have been the last gentlemen we have had in office.

I want political threads to stay up. Don't read them if you don't want to. Don't post up an attempt to start an inflammatory response just to see if you can. I want to see who calls who names on what topics. It helps me see true colors that are displayed.

I honestly think if that were to happen on this site, membership would drop off to only the "elitist" who pay. New members who have questions will go elsewhere and the same people will be in the "special" portion of the site until they get bored and then the site dies off.

The Hayabusa platform is old, it's not attracting as many new riders, IF another rendition of the Hayabusa is born we MIGHT have a chance to keep this thread going.

Sadly, this is the exact reason many forums are inactive, the platform either aged out or people went to other social media platforms.
I agree. I wasn't saying I agree or would like it.

I was never part of the "paid" section there but nonetheless had spent lots of time on that forum over the years.
Unfortunately it's slowly dying over the last few years because of the same reasons as over here.
Busa is becoming outdated...less young people are getting one, environmental restrictions and so on....
Not to mention Facebook and all this other social media garbage.

I'm okay with riders being whatever they want to be - as long as they take proper care of their bike. On the other hand, I would wonder why someone who's never owned or worked on a bike would choose this forum to post comments on anything other than motorcycles.
I don't read every political thread that pops up but the ones I have read and contributed to were started by long time members.

I honestly think if that were to happen on this site, membership would drop off to only the "elitist" who pay. New members who have questions will go elsewhere and the same people will be in the "special" portion of the site until they get bored and then the site dies off.
I thought about that too. It would be a calculated risk that a good number of the most knowledgable members would stay. There are some who probably provide a lot more info than ask for info.

I thought about that too. It would be a calculated risk that a good number of the most knowledgable members would stay. There are some who probably provide a lot more info than ask for info.
It would definitely be a calculated risk and most likely would lead to the demise of this forum unfortunately. People would just turn to another form of social media.

There are many examples of this happening with other forums...this forum is unique.

If the site's gonna close, can you give us a heads up?
I'd like to port my bookmarks (at the very least) before the portal closes.
...if that's possible, and with all due respect.
If it comes to closing it down, would the existing content still be available on Godaddy or someplace like that? That would mean no pictures but at least what has been written would be available.

I want political threads to stay up. Don't read them if you don't want to. Don't post up an attempt to start an inflammatory response just to see if you can.
Hey there Tom. If section 230 is repealed, the content of all websites would be monitored by some governing body. The issue would not be whether you or I choose to read or not, it would be if the site owner gets busted for publishing "harmful information." If that happens, owning Hayabusa.org would be too much of a risk to allow members to post on it. If it's a choice between free speech/org dies and motorcycle speech/org lives, I'll take the latter. As for the entire rest of the internet, you and I will agree that removing freedom of speech would be tyrannical. That would be something to fight as a whole and hopefully free speech would be permitted on the org again at some point in the future.

If it comes to closing it down, would the existing content still be available on Godaddy or someplace like that? That would mean no pictures but at least what has been written would be available.

Hey there Tom. If section 230 is repealed, the content of all websites would be monitored by some governing body. The issue would not be whether you or I choose to read or not, it would be if the site owner gets busted for publishing "harmful information." If that happens, owning Hayabusa.org would be too much of a risk to allow members to post on it. If it's a choice between free speech/org dies and motorcycle speech/org lives, I'll take the latter. As for the entire rest of the internet, you and I will agree that removing freedom of speech would be tyrannical. That would be something to fight as a whole and hopefully free speech would be permitted on the org again at some point in the future.
Cap. I get that point. And if for that reason you need to cut out the politics, then that will be our new normal. I don't come here to discuss politics. I don't go to get my haircut or my car parts place to discuss politics.

Nowadays however no matter where I go, I better be prepared to. It now seems like it's a civil war. Everybody has to let the other know what side they are on quickly.

As always Cap. I'll respect any decision you need to make for the site. At the end of they day, it is you that created this, and we are just along for the ride you provide. I have tremendous respect for your decisions here.

This forum has a wealth and I mean a wealth of knowledge! I'm actually happy I bought a busa due to this site. There is more combined knowledge here about hayabusa's than any other forum I've been on for other things (guns, cars etc) I would hate to lose access to it because of political reasons at the end of the day its a forum about hayabusa's and the other stuff is just "extra" and I could live without.

Back