What are we becoming? We determine the outcome!

I hope the following will alleviate some of your concerns (or at least clarify the issue)

I am a Christian and I voted for John McCain.

With that said, there is no requirement and we don’t care what your religious (if any) preferences are.

We don’t care what your political preferences are.

And that is the point, it has gotten out of hand lately.

As I said, I am a Christian who voted for McCain.

However I am no longer going to bite my tongue and let someone slam President Obama, or slam Buda or slam Islam, or slam anyone of any gender, faith or preferances.

It is the bashing that has to stop and it is the bashing we are going to squash.

I personally don’t want to see any more threads about conspiracy issues about the president. He is our president, if you don’t like it take it to another board.

I don’t want to see anything posted that is obviously intended just to rile people up and start crap. It has gotten way out of hand.

I don’t want to see anyone making a public statement that talking to God is useless. If you don’t believe in God that is fine. But keep your opinion about it to yourself.

I want to see positive conversations, not negative ones.

As stated earlier, a lot of emotions throughout this country at the moment. Everyone needs to try and keep a positive attitude. And if your attitude sucks at least keep it to yourself so you don’t drag someone else down with you.

Looking for moral support. Asking advice, all that is good and encouraged. But don’t criticize, don’t talk down to someone or about someone’s beliefs, whatever they may be. And do not criticize advice of another board member. let the person who has been given the advice determine if it is sound or not.

And the political stuff, man that has just gotten way out of hand. For a subject that is normally taboo, it has been discussed to death around here. (and yes I participated in the past so I am part of the problem also, which I am trying to fix)

Basically everyone should go by the old rule, if you don’t have anything nice to say, just don’t say anything.

If you don’t believe in God, you are still welcome here, it is not even an issue but you are not welcome to say anything negative about God here.

Bottom line, all the negativity needs to stop, across the board, in all areas

Well put :thumbsup:

Thanks again for your effort to clarify the confusion, Thrasherfox. I have a relatively short history of posts anyone can review. Some are better than others, I'll be the first to admit. Though I've had, and expect to continue to have, disagreements with others from time to time, I do my best to keep it respectful.

If I understand correctly, that is what seems to be the main point of the original author's message. That point was clouded somewhat by the invitation offered for those who don't share the religous beliefs of the administrator to pack up and leave.

That invitation seemed below the level of respect being asked for in the rest of the message, and I got confused.

It seems you understand correctly. You're welcome no matter what you do or don't believe, and you're welcome to have discussions about it. The thing that's not ok is bashing someone else's beliefs, bashing on Obama, or bashing cops.

Many of us have our grievences with cops, but if we look at the situations most of the time their actions (ie: writing tickets, etc.) are justified. Every time I've gotten a ticket, I was speeding. The cops just did their jobs in giving me tickets. I don't like the ticket, but that doesn't mean I have to say the cop was an azzhat, or other things like that.

There's nothing any of us can do about the political issues, so there's no need to bash on Obama for the way he does things. I'm sure if any of us were in his possition there would be those that didn't like how we did things. Weather we agree or dissagree is irrelevent; bashing is not necessary.

Neither I, nor anyone else here cares whether your or anyone else's belifes match our own. What we care about is that no one gets bashed, or talked down to for what they believe. As I stated earlier, discussion is one thing, saying things that imply the other person is an idiot for not believing what you do is another and won't be tolerated. Keep it civil and you'll be just fine. Give respect to others just as you would want them to give it to you.

I'm glad to see this thread Cap! I looked over it several times until I noticed who the topic starter was and figured it must be important. Long live the org!!!:thumbsup: This place is awesome! I just wish I knew more members personally, and it's lookin like it's gonna be a looong time before I can make it to any bashes. :down:

Your house, your rules. I will admit to taking a stance on political threads (sometimes I just can't help myself), but I've always done my best to be respectful, and not make it personal or incite flames, because someday I may meet some of you at these events and, while I like a lively discussion, I don't want to get into an ass-kicking contest. I assume that, because nobody had ever PM'd me and warned me, that I have been successful in making that distinction. I only hope CAP that if I DO ever get out of hand that someone will politely remind me before taking the nuclear option.

Thank you for what you do.

Seems simple and it sounds good. In the old days we just referred to the concept as "The Golden Rule". "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you." Shouldn't be much of a change for me, as I try to operate under these guidlines already.

Now, if we can get the entire world to do the same, we'd have much better planet to ride on with a lot more happy folks to meet along the way! :thumbsup:

It's too bad that some can not self regulate. It must be an era of internet tough guys we are going through. ??? I haven't been around much so I have missed most of the stuff.

The cop bashing thing brings back memories of a particular member who posted "FTP" and "All cops must die" just prior to the Bash of '06.
Wouldn't you know he was the very first person from the .Org I met in Robbinsville? I don't exactly remember the short conversation but I do remember I walked away :rofl:

Your house your rules Doug. Those who don't like it don't have to come here. :rulez:

Last edited:
Agreed on all , Mon Capitan' !

While I was a rally leader for the NRA, a member of CPAC and have spoken publicly as well as gone to Christian prep schools all my life it is harrrrrrrrrrrrrrrD to stay out of religious or political convos anywhere.
I quite often forget mine is not divine and there are other opinions out there that matter as much as ones I hold.

I am doing my best to stay out of the religious and political things I see now but like Tiger I am an addict and I think I need rehab....or more $ for mods to keep my mind out of those two minefields !

You will never see here or hear anywhere bashing on my part about LEOs or VOLUNTEER SERVICEMEN . The Vol word needed to be caps.
Still amazes me folks 'kiss families goodbye and fly to die' in a foreign land for me and mine willingly.....:bowdown:

Happy to be here and happy this place aint a car dealership as it would be out of control and KaaaRazy man !

I am with you Doug... soon as I am "un-banned" :laugh:

You back you lurker? Took something like this to get you to post again? :poke:
Good to see you Randy

I musta missed something (again). Thanks Cap for trying to keep me on the right path.

Oops. Old thread, didn't look at date before posting. Interesting to see where we stand a full year from the original.

Last edited:
Its not what you accomplish in life, but rather what you overcome.

The board will overcome this.

i have spent my time here...just blending in...it has been one of my faults..i do my best to not offend and offer light humor to all i do and say on the board...but in the end...i am dissapointed. i of course will continue to post on the board and try to be part of this community...i will be continueing to make plans for rides and meets...i will be continueing to set up the weekend activity of the hayas in the hills (see thread meet n greets in the North East Gatherings section). captain..again ill send a pm...have sent a few in the past refrence to my thoughts to better improve the site or how i could help...

Back