Coding has started members, what can we not forget to have...

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
Folks I just wanted to give you a quick update and let you know that coding has started and we are actively working with developers to write code and make adjustments to make the new site more the way we want it. I wanted to make sure and get your input and find out from your perspectives what we absolutely have to have when we make the move and turn the switch back on. We know there is going to be some features that are going to take us some time to rebuild (Gallery, Garage etc) but what is a must from how you use the site day to day. Start a list and we will use this thread to make sure that we are working on the right features and priorites are what you guys want and not what we think you want...

1. Messaging
2. New Post
3. Mark as Read

Your turn!

it wud b nice to see options like..... "Like, Agree, Disagree, Funny, Dumb etc....." and it wud also be nice to be able to PM someone is a conversation format thats private to both parties so each can see the conversation. jus my $0.2.....:beerchug:

Just so we will be able to see the pictures from past events.I would really hate to not be able to go back and see old pics.

The pics in the forum are no problem at all they will come over day one... The gallery we will have to do a little work on but we will come up with a solution pretty quickly, I agree there are a lot of memories in those gallery pics..

Capt is there any way to set it up so after one responds to a thread it doesn't disappear wen u hit the "Whats new" link. if someone responds to the thread it will come up. otherwise it won't come up in new posts if no one else has responded to it.

after one responds to a thread it doesn't disappear wen u hit the "Whats new" link. if someone responds to the thread it will come up. otherwise it won't come up in new posts

That has been one of the biggest problems with this current software, I agree and will make sure we investigate all options to make it work by time or something like that...

Good call out..

Some of these are a bit out of the box but how about:

1. A "Maintenance/Mod" manual where these types of posts are put in a specific place? Sort of like now, but just quicker to get to. Sometimes I find myself looking through post after post to find the how to stuff.
2. As powerful a search as possible. The current one is acceptable IMHO, so at a minimum bring that over.
3. A Holla back button, so people know you posted a response on their thread.
4. Time out feature. You can put people in time outwhere they can view but not post for a month - not sure I want that feature lol!
5. 2nd Bike forum. Busa is getting old, and there may not be a Gen III.
6. Maybe have columnists? Sort of add the attraction of a magazine sort of format. Maybe manufacturers can have stuff tested and rated.
7. Try to get a talk to Suzuki thread. It seems like Suzuki would talk to so many product supporters. Make Hayabusa.org the official Busa information site.
8. Have a mod product ranking system and collect a list of rated products.
9. Interviews with experts. For example maybe some of your sponsors on engine mods, general maintenance, or preparing for a trip. Also maybe things like running radar with varying laws in different states, or riding with a gun.

I guess I'm sort of saying be more interactive on getting some content. Rather than allowing it to be created completely by posters, maybe add some directed content that gets people to come in and look see once in awhile.

Hope something in there helps.

Could all the old "pinned" threads please come back?
There is alot of very useful info in them that answers commonly asked questions.

Is it possible to get the "like" feature back?

Some of these are a bit out of the box but how about:

1. A "Maintenance/Mod" manual where these types of posts are put in a specific place? Sort of like now, but just quicker to get to. Sometimes I find myself looking through post after post to find the how to stuff.
2. As powerful a search as possible. The current one is acceptable IMHO, so at a minimum bring that over.
3. A Holla back button, so people know you posted a response on their thread.
4. Time out feature. You can put people in time outwhere they can view but not post for a month - not sure I want that feature lol!
5. 2nd Bike forum. Busa is getting old, and there may not be a Gen III.
6. Maybe have columnists? Sort of add the attraction of a magazine sort of format. Maybe manufacturers can have stuff tested and rated.
7. Try to get a talk to Suzuki thread. It seems like Suzuki would talk to so many product supporters. Make Hayabusa.org the official Busa information site.
8. Have a mod product ranking system and collect a list of rated products.
9. Interviews with experts. For example maybe some of your sponsors on engine mods, general maintenance, or preparing for a trip. Also maybe things like running radar with varying laws in different states, or riding with a gun.

I guess I'm sort of saying be more interactive on getting some content. Rather than allowing it to be created completely by posters, maybe add some directed content that gets people to come in and look see once in awhile.

Hope something in there helps.

Hey Arch you probably didn't know this but on # 3. you can subscribe to threads now and be notified via email when someone touches any thread or post you want...

Could all the old "pinned" threads please come back?
There is alot of very useful info in them that answers commonly asked questions.

Is it possible to get the "like" feature back?

We will get some form of that back for sure... We tried many years ago to put a rating system in for threads so you could actually give a thumbs down to a post but it turned into a very negative event. We wanted to see folks rating post not necessarily people and so it turned into a popularity contest. We should be able to bring a positive form back like we had, you can like it if you want but can't ding it.

Capt is there any way to set it up so after one responds to a thread it doesn't disappear wen u hit the "Whats new" link. if someone responds to the thread it will come up. otherwise it won't come up in new posts if no one else has responded to it.

We need the "like" or "thanks" button back..i'd be using it on this post...

Back