We found an error

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
hey folks... Over the past couple of years we have used this current message board with a few hacks here and there.. One of the stats at the bottom of the main board page is the number of users in the past 24 hours. For a couple of years the numbers have risen but not as much as the registrations. I have often asked other ikonboard users if they noticed the same things... Today while we were making some database changes (You might have noticed the speed of the site improved) we found some code that has been wrong for a long time... It's amazing what a little comma or decimal point can do... By changing the code and verifying the calculations we found that our numbers have been way off.

In the area that you see all of the members online we have been seeing somewhere around 770 users in a 24 hour period. Here is what we have as of 11:35 pm central time...

Registered users online in last 24 hours = 1436
Seperate guest accounts = 599

for a total of 2035 different people on here in the last 24 hours.... With the traffic that has been building over the years its all making sense now..... Earlier today there were around 2600 unique users that had come in 24 hours, the numbers change on a 24 hour scale which changes every time you refresh.....

For our sponsors this should be great news...... For the members know that there are hundreds of other folks out there sharing the love.....

I was in shock at first but now it has all come together, thanks guys for making this place what it is.....

Cap

beerchug.gif

Build it and they will come.

You don't have to advertise for this site. The first time anyone hits it they know this is THE place to be. Thanks for the great work Cap'n! Yet another testament to the greatness of this board.

DAYUMMM!!! No wonder I've found pics of me on sites I've never visited before.
SHOCKED.gif

Great news Cap!!

yama...love that new avatar!! Too funny!! Or is it too scary?
rock.gif

(Vic_E55_2001 @ Apr. 06 2007,12:39) Cool.... Sponsors should pay more now.
hahahahaha I dont think Im gonna raise any fees....

(WWJD @ Apr. 06 2007,13:04) The board is Awesome. But it's you PEOPLE that breath life into it
smile.gif
Donating kind specifically. To the board or to the members.
I just got part I needed and sender refused to accept any reimbursement. I feel like donating some more right now!!!

Back