New board coming this Friday....

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
Ok folks as you all know we have been working on a new message board to replace the one that we are using now. We have done our best to improve efficiencies and bring some new features to you all... This Friday October 5th we will be taking the current board offline... We will have some downtime and I am expecting that this will last a couple of hours... Take this opportunity to take your spouse out to eat dinner and tell her that she means more than spending time with the guys. (I wont tell them that the site is offline)

The admins have been working to tweak the new board and there have been about 20 of the regular members that have been performing user acceptance testing for us....

I will let the members that have been testing the site tell you their thoughts here about the new board and what they think you will like....

I just wanted you all to get ready, we have been working on this new board for over a year now... this code has been custom written with you all in mind, just for the org members...

Of course since this is one off code and we have done a lot of testing, until we get all of you in there playing with it we will not know the exact performance increase but we are very optimistic.... When you find bugs we will have a place set up for you to tell is about them and we will get them fixed....

Get ready its coming, this is very exciting for me and the admins, a huge change we have worked hard to make happen.... This could be the single biggest change to this site in 7 years......

Let the count down begin.....

CAp

lurk.gif

[rocky music plays]

muscle.gif

maybe i'll get my "thumbs up smiley" i've posted about in the past
wow.gif

(Vic_E55_2001 @ Oct. 01 2007,22:36) I`m deeply offended.  why I was not included in beta testers?
rock.gif

argue.gif
You never responded, Vic...

the best way i can describe the new board is:  take all the good points of the current board, refine them, add needed updates, and presto, you get the new board...everything seems to be working smoother and the couple of glitches that still exist are currntly being worked on

the new tabs and set-up add a definite new up-to-date look to the board, even a page just listing the sponsors that makes it really easy to find and contact them...really cool new legends...lots of little changes that might take a minute to figure out but really add to the whole experience such as a link next to the name of the member who started a thread that allows you to read their post without having to open the entire thread

all in all, i think this is going to be an excellent bump for the board...take your time, look around, and don't be afraid to ask questions...i think you are going to appreciate the time and effort CAp and the admins have put in to bring this to all of us
beerchug.gif

p.s.  there is a thumb up smiley for you Revolution

I don't know if I can bear to be away from the boards for that long---I am crestfallen
all_coholic.gif
SHOCKED.gif

(Big Red @ Oct. 01 2007,23:53) I don't know if I can bear to be away from the boards for that long---I am crestfallen
all_coholic.gif

SHOCKED.gif
Maybe you can get a date !

SWEET!!!

The 3rd generation hayabusa.org board.

I didn't get here fast enough for the 1st generation, not many did. There are only a handful 1st geners
beerchug.gif

Now I'll be able to say to newbies, "back when I was a newb, I had to post uphill both ways
tounge.gif
in the rain
wink.gif
barefoot
laugh.gif
"
firedevil.gif

But seriously Cap, thanks for all your hard work and dedication to the board and its members.

And a hats off to all you Admins and Mods as well
beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

First a new Busa, Now A new board. Life is Good. Thanks Cap. as F.J. Whoopi would say, "your the greatest".

My hats off to any who have contributed to any of the previous boards. I just enjoy reading all the great post and have a great place to hang out. You all are the ones that make it possible for the rest. Thanks.

bowdown.gif

(Charlesbusa @ Oct. 02 2007,00:06) SWEET!!!

The 3rd generation hayabusa.org board.

I didn't get here fast enough for the 1st generation, not many did. There are only a handful 1st geners
beerchug.gif

Now I'll be able to say to newbies, "back when I was a newb, I had to post uphill both ways
tounge.gif
in the rain
wink.gif
barefoot
laugh.gif
"
firedevil.gif

But seriously Cap, thanks for all your hard work and dedication to the board and its members.

And a hats off to all you Admins and Mods as well
beerchug.gif
WHo you kiddin? You are an old "crusty" member!
laugh.gif

Your posts alone have contributed to my track addiction!-
Yeah, I blame you for getting me addicted!

I can only imagine how much more (easily) it will be to glean valuable info. This site has immensely aided in my riding abilities, education and meeting valuable new friends. Best of the best.
Can hardly wait! heres to all the ones involved.

beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

laugh.gif

beerchug.gif

Back