Changes on the forum -- Google Ads

its all good here....even clicked a game add i just saw....not into browser games though

So for those that can still see that ads.. :google::google::google::hello::hello:

Are they looking any better on the top, not as intrusive as last night?

Doug do what you gotta do....................Just keep the ORG Alive :thumbsup:

We are but at the same time I want to see if we are making progress towards a compromise. I never said I was good at design and layout work.. We pulled things together this morning and moved the banner up, nothing will ever be higher than the flag... I told our service folks years ago that flag would not come down and it won't, nothing will stand as high as it does on the top of the page either....

Actually size wise the banners take up a lot less room and the pictures did, that was the goal..

cap

I figured I got more than my money's worth before I even donated...and I am a newbie!

I am also on a Porsche forum that sold out to IB, it really turned to sh*t after they took over. If you can avoid that by running Google ads, I am all for it. I admire your desire to keep the website yours (ours!).

Grasshoppers, u must use your most inner mind's eye...there are no ads..there are no ads...focus on fonts and see no splashy colors....you are ready for level 8...:laugh:

Doug, if a few ads at the top of the page is all it takes to keep this site up and running, it is a small price to pay. I glance at them, and if they are not something I want them I move on. I am glad you are not going for pop-ups everytime you open a new window, those get a little annoying. I have no problem with the ads to keep the site. :thumbsup: Keep up the good work, I look forward to the next 10 years. :cheerleader:

Warp hit it right--small price to pay for enjoying such a great site! No problems with banners at all!

When I saw it, I thought that it's a great sign that the site is doing well--meaning that advertisers want to be on the site. No issues here at all.

the site is what matters! If another sponser or a dozen more helps keep it going so be it... 1 question though Captain, where is the old group buy link? And the classifieds or am I blind if so sorry

In just the short time I have been a member here, I have recognized this to be the best forum that I have ever been a part of.

I asked about donating about 7 months ago and was told that the time would come for everyone to pitch in and do their part. When that time came, I jumped at the opportunity to help out where I could and donated. I did not even think twice about it, and if the opportunity arises again in the future, I will do the same.

I think that most of us realize that you need to do what you need to do and we understand the ads at the top of the page. Thank you for all you do in keeping this site up and a great place to hang out when we are not out riding.

One more quick thing, thanks for not going with pop-ups, those can get crazy.

Back