What are we becoming? We determine the outcome!

I feel like I read a dictionary...lol I agree with everything here though, I may have even been partially responsible as well, I do atleast try to let someone know that I mean no harm in my words or whatever in my reply's...but lately I have done as the rest and avoided replying all together.....I like to think My input on the site is just as important as people that have been on here for years even though I may be a newbe to the site I have known the busa since its encarnation, and I also come here for knowledge and advice when im doing a project or just looking to kill some time and help a fellow rider out by maybe answering a few threads, Mine always seem to get lost...maybe someday I will figure out how to word one so its interesting enough to stay on for more then an hour...LOL
:beerchug: once again thanks

Last edited:
Cap
.....To me, the greatest value is meeting people in person; not too easy to do for a newby if there are few riders in his area. Is, there a possibility to have "Regional" leaders who can make an effort to organize more meet and greets, to get folks together? Once one knows someone, it is much easier to add value to the ORG.

Congrats on having a good thing going here!!

Will Martins

Arkansas MNG (Meet-In-Greet) happens every year up around Eureaka Springs. Check out the forum for all the national and worldly meets happening because of the oRg...

So this is an open invite to attend, looking forward to seeing you at this event and any other you'd like to attend.

I suspect a lot of these smart alec comments would disappear if those on the other side of the aisle would refrain from proselytizing so much.

We're all here because we share one common interest. If maintaining membership requires sharing two...particularly one of a personal nature of this magnitude, it may not be worthwhile to continue participation.

I've been a member of a number of message boards for a number of years, and they all have their own distinct cultures. If hayabusa.org is to be known only as a gathering place of hayabusa owners - who also have to practice evangelical Christianity, or at a minimum read a lot about it, it is unfortunate, because there are a lot of quality voices out there regardless of personal religous belief (I know that's tough to belive for many).

We become better individually, and collectively, by listening and thinking about thoughts, experiences, and beliefs that are different than the ones we were raised with, or developed while surrounding ourselves with people "just like us". That doesn't mean we have to agree with anything and everything we are exposed to, it most certainly means we should not feel censored into silence when someone communicates a thought or belief we disagree with. A respectful rebuttal to provide a different point of view to consider should not be discouraged.

I hope I read this excerpt I quoted from Captain as not being in conflict with the paragraph I wrote above. I do from time to time try to add value to topics here when it seems appropriate.

I've enjoyed my short time here, and enjoyed those I've interacted with. I hope to be able to continue participating, but I understand that in the end this is a community that functions under the authority of someone who may not respect our differences. If my continued participation is not welcome, I'll wish you all the best in advance.

Best wishes to you as well Captain. I write this because I'd like to see you and this community continue to thrive...not because I disagree with your statement that this is your board and you can do what you want with it.

I hope the following will alleviate some of your concerns (or at least clarify the issue)

I am a Christian and I voted for John McCain.

With that said, there is no requirement and we don’t care what your religious (if any) preferences are.

We don’t care what your political preferences are.

And that is the point, it has gotten out of hand lately.

As I said, I am a Christian who voted for McCain.

However I am no longer going to bite my tongue and let someone slam President Obama, or slam Buda or slam Islam, or slam anyone of any gender, faith or preferances.

It is the bashing that has to stop and it is the bashing we are going to squash.

I personally don’t want to see any more threads about conspiracy issues about the president. He is our president, if you don’t like it take it to another board.

I don’t want to see anything posted that is obviously intended just to rile people up and start crap. It has gotten way out of hand.

I don’t want to see anyone making a public statement that talking to God is useless. If you don’t believe in God that is fine. But keep your opinion about it to yourself.

I want to see positive conversations, not negative ones.

As stated earlier, a lot of emotions throughout this country at the moment. Everyone needs to try and keep a positive attitude. And if your attitude sucks at least keep it to yourself so you don’t drag someone else down with you.

Looking for moral support. Asking advice, all that is good and encouraged. But don’t criticize, don’t talk down to someone or about someone’s beliefs, whatever they may be. And do not criticize advice of another board member. let the person who has been given the advice determine if it is sound or not.

And the political stuff, man that has just gotten way out of hand. For a subject that is normally taboo, it has been discussed to death around here. (and yes I participated in the past so I am part of the problem also, which I am trying to fix)

Basically everyone should go by the old rule, if you don’t have anything nice to say, just don’t say anything.

If you don’t believe in God, you are still welcome here, it is not even an issue but you are not welcome to say anything negative about God here.

Bottom line, all the negativity needs to stop, across the board, in all areas

Last edited:
I hope the following will alleviate some of your concerns (or at least clarify the issue)

I am a Christian and I voted for John McCain.

With that said, there is no requirement and we don’t care what your religious (if any) preferences are.

We don’t care what your political preferences are.

And that is the point, it has gotten out of hand lately.

As I said, I am a Christian who voted for McCain.

However I am no longer going to bite my tongue and let someone slam President Obama, or slam Buda or slam Islam, or slam anyone of any gender, faith or preferances.

It is the bashing that has to stop and it is the bashing we are going to squash.

I personally don’t want to see any more threads about conspiracy issues about the president. He is our president, if you don’t like it take it to another board.

I don’t want to see anything posted that is obviously intended just to rile people up and start crap. It has gotten way out of hand.

I don’t want to see anyone making a public statement that talking to God is useless. If you don’t believe in God that is fine. But keep your opinion about it to yourself.

I want to see positive conversations, not negative ones.

As stated earlier, a lot of emotions throughout this country at the moment. Everyone needs to try and keep a positive attitude. And if your attitude sucks at least keep it to yourself so you don’t drag someone else down with you.

Looking for moral support. Asking advice, all that is good and encouraged. But don’t criticize, don’t talk down to someone or about someone’s beliefs, whatever they may be. And do not criticize advice of another board member. let the person who has been given the advice determine if it is sound or not.

And the political stuff, man that has just gotten way out of hand. For a subject that is normally taboo, it has been discussed to death around here. (and yes I participated in the past so I am part of the problem also, which I am trying to fix)

Basically everyone should go by the old rule, if you don’t have anything nice to say, just don’t say anything.

If you don’t believe in God, you are still welcome here, it is not even an issue but you are not welcome to say anything negative about God here.

Bottom line, all the negativity needs to stop, across the board, in all areas

I'll reference this next time a thread about undocumented workers/illegal aliens comes up.

I'll reference this next time a thread about undocumented workers/illegal aliens comes up.

Im serious. send me a PM, I will remove the thread. I am tired of all the bashing and negativity.

If you dont think I am serious send me a pm on any new thread that comes up dealing with illegals. that issues has been pounded into the ground also

Arkansas MNG (Meet-In-Greet) happens every year up around Eureaka Springs. Check out the forum for all the national and worldly meets happening because of the oRg...

So this is an open invite to attend, looking forward to seeing you at this event and any other you'd like to attend.

Thanks, I'm already in, can't make the bash though. Will be good to meet you.

Thanks for the clarification (I think) Thrasherfox.

As I hadn't noticed an unusual amount of negativity and bashing, I had concerns I may have been part of the problem without realizing it. I'm not really into the "negativity/positivity" thing...I'm more a "it is what it is" "reality" kind of person. As such, I'm not very good at sensing negative/positive vibes.

I would expect anything I write on a public forum to be open to critique and discussion, and I welcome those who step up to publicly disagree with me. It's not because I'm looking for an arguement, but rather because I may learn to see something in a different way. We all have different tolerance levels for discourse, and there are certainly those among us who are not capable of having a disagreement without it turning into something childish.

We have to keep in mind that writing can be a subpar form of communication...particularly in a society where "I speak English everyday...why do I have to take English classes at school" mindset is far too prevalent. As such, disagreements are bound to arise as intent is misinterpreted.

Thanks again for your effort to clarify the confusion, Thrasherfox. I have a relatively short history of posts anyone can review. Some are better than others, I'll be the first to admit. Though I've had, and expect to continue to have, disagreements with others from time to time, I do my best to keep it respectful.

If I understand correctly, that is what seems to be the main point of the original author's message. That point was clouded somewhat by the invitation offered for those who don't share the religous beliefs of the administrator to pack up and leave.

That invitation seemed below the level of respect being asked for in the rest of the message, and I got confused.

Thats the reason I joined here and stayed here.Most all the members are so helpful and I really enjoy reading all the threads,:thumbsup: but I agree that at times it has gotten out of hand. So Cap I agree 100% with everything you said.:bowdown:

If I understand correctly, that is what seems to be the main point of the original author's message. That point was clouded somewhat by the invitation offered for those who don't share the religous beliefs of the administrator to pack up and leave.

I believe it stemmed more from frustration than anything else. Like I mentioned in my previous post, it's easy to mistake what someone writes, and in the "heat of the moment" we have a tendency to type a bit more passionately. :D

I took it more as "quit bashing peoples beliefs" than "convert or leave", but I had been following several threads where people were belittling others to a high degree so it made sense to me. Those not following the same posts could easily reach a different conclusion.

I pledge to be on the forum more to hopefully run across all these posts that this post was generated about.... :whistle:

I agree...although I am on so rarely that I missed almost everything. (considering myself lucky)

Although, since I don't "fly" a busa (I do technically own it, since my credit was better, so my credit was used to get it), I hope I am not deleted as an impostor. Can I still be on the site as one of the incredibly hot busa wives? (Okay...maybe I am not incredibly hot...but at least I am fun to hang out with and the designated driver...so you can keep me around for that reason)

Captain :thumbsup: Two thumbs up!

Thank you Doug.... :rulez:

This place has gotten so bad I ran out an bought a Harley :whistle:

Back