Let's talk Coffee Pots

runeight

why ask why
Donating Member
Registered
OK already. Seem's like I am always shopping for a good coffee pot. I drink a lot of that stuff and must admit I enjoy it. I seem to go through one every six (6) months or so.

I think this time I want a coffee pot that does the whole deal. You know, grind, brew and drink.

What have you folks found to be a good coffee pot?

r8

Unless you drink more than a pot a day this is the shizzle!

Been using the Flavia for about 4 years in one form or another. I'm not a huge coffee snob nor do I drink more than 2-3 cups a day.

I imagine that if you are a two -three POT a day coffee drinker this wouldn't be a very good solution, but if you're like me and love a great cup of fresh coffee, with no cleanup, no silly messy cartridges, and a wide variety of coffees?

The Flavia Fusion is the perfect answer for in home use. It does teas (without any coffee residue), Hot chocolate, and all manner of coffees without any cleaning needed in between. First cup in the mornings is ready in about 90seconds, following cups take about 30seconds or so.

Yeah I know I sound like a Salesman, but I just bang the hell outta the drum when I find a product that I really love and works well.

Same with Dyson Vacuum cleaners, if it works and works really well? I'll let folks know.

I've been using mine at home now for just over 2 years. Hasn't missed a beat and cost me $99. Now the drawback is that the coffees aren't cheap, and you do have to use their coffee as they come in proprietary packs. I was put off by this at first until I tasted a few and realized that they offer enough variety and flavors of really damn good coffee and tea that I wasn't left wanting. From weak to OMG strong Navy Coffee they got you covered. though if you drink A LOT, like I mentioned it's going to be a spendy though still a lot less than Starbucks.

It`s all about the budget. How much r u willing to spend?

I want one that cost $2,000.00 or so. It so damn cool, and coffee actually taste like real deal. No dripping coffee makers could make you good coffee.

One cup at the time, if it`s brewed and stored in carafe for 15 minutes it tastes like shid. Just my opinion...

I will never afford 2 thousand bucks coffee machine and that`s why I use french press. Bodum and Barista makes great ones, thermos style.

Unless you drink more than a pot a day this is the shizzle!

Been using the Flavia for about 4 years in one form or another.  I'm not a huge coffee snob nor do I drink more than 2-3 cups a day.

I imagine that if you are a two -three POT a day coffee drinker this wouldn't be a very good solution, but if you're like me and love a great cup of fresh coffee, with no cleanup, no silly messy cartridges, and a wide variety of coffees?  

The Flavia Fusion is the perfect answer for in home use.  It does teas (without any coffee residue), Hot chocolate, and all manner of coffees without any cleaning needed in between.  First cup in the mornings is ready in about 90seconds, following cups take about 30seconds or so.  

Yeah I know I sound like a Salesman, but I just bang the hell outta the drum when I find a product that I really love and works well.  

Same with Dyson Vacuum cleaners, if it works and works really well?  I'll let folks know.  

I've been using mine at home now for just over 2 years.  Hasn't missed a beat and cost me $99.  Now the drawback is that the coffees aren't cheap, and you do have to use their coffee as they come in proprietary packs.  I was put off by this at first until I tasted a few and realized that they offer enough variety and flavors of really damn good coffee and tea that I wasn't left wanting.  From weak to OMG strong Navy Coffee they got you covered.  though if you drink A LOT, like I mentioned it's going to be a spendy though still a lot less than Starbucks.
I hear ya on the Dyson vacuum cleaners! Love ours and worth every penny. Have you bought the hand held model? Wonderful.

OK, back to coffee pots. I have received the catalogs on those coffee pots but never paid much attention.

I'll check it out.
thumb_up.gif

r8

I had the Flavia machine and it does work great, but gives a small cup and you have to use their special packaged coffee.
The cusinart does have the thermal pot. Right, nothing worse than burned coffee....

The Krupps machine is the best home unit I have ever used...

0001094212045_LG.jpg
Sams Club at around $65 B.B.and beyond is around $90

Get an old-school stovetop espresso percolator for that super fresh cup at a time... Or spring for a Braun espresso machine with milk steamer.

John, I just got my wife the Cuisanart that does it all. I had one before and it works great!

Real Coffee Pot
Let us review: (I love doing this)

You:

Race suit.
Track days.
New bike.
New jacket.
New gloves.
New exhaust system.
Power Commander.

Her:

Coffee pot.

Is this correct?  
tounge.gif

r8
You AZZ!!! She's gettin a 320.00 Coach purse.....
sadnews.gif
You better keep shopping for her.

Diamonds perhaps? Never enough.

tounge.gif

r8

tounge.gif

Now the drawback is that the coffees aren't cheap, and you do have to use their coffee as they come in proprietary packs.  
Perhaps measure out one of these packs and switch in your own blend  
rock.gif

Would it work rev?

RSD.
Nope, it is a special package with a special little plastic nipply thingy that gets punctured when put into the machine... The filter is also built into the package. In reality, it really aint worht the aggrevation. Mine came with a variety of flavors, even hot cocoa. There were some good ones....

Back