Question about the Bash

twotonevert

Member of P.E.A.
Donating Member
Registered
Ok guys, looks like 09 is shaping up to be a busy year. We are coming to the Spring Bash, room booked already at the Micro-tel. We are also going to the Stampede in Reno in July. This year we are not trailering, I sold the one I had and dont plan to buy another one this year. I will be putting my bike in the back of my truck and hauling her that way. I can bring ramps, but with all the stuff we will be bringing, space will be limited. So, If I bring one ramp, can someone help me unload my bike? I know there will be plenty of help, but I hate to impose and and I dont think Juli and I can unload it by ourselves.

I know Steve is not trailering, not sure about Cap, anyone else hauling their bike this way?

you will not need a ramp for Bash... at the very worst, you can load at the CROT dock.. AND you KNOW where the hooligans will be :)

you will not need a ramp for Bash... at the very worst, you can load at the CROT dock.. AND you KNOW where the hooligans will be :)

Ooh, didnt think about the CROT. I could unload there and let Juli drive the truck to Robbinsville. :cheerleader: That is what I like about you Randy, always thinking! :laugh:

Ooh, didnt think about the CROT. I could unload there and let Juli drive the truck to Robbinsville. :cheerleader: That is what I like about you Randy, always thinking! :laugh:
well we could not let you just let Juli drive you around in the back of the truck again... you looked silly in full leathers sitting on top of a bike all tied down...

:rofl:

well we could not let you just let Juli drive you around in the back of the truck again... you looked silly in full leathers sitting on top of a bike all tied down...

:rofl:

Hey, I was getting my lean on! :rofl:

There is a nicely positioned storm inlet next to the fire pit that works awesome for loading and unloading bikes. Put back tires of truck on grate and tail gate is about 6-12" off the ground.

What am I missing here? Trailering or hauling a motorcycle to a motorcycle rally? You know, it really (is) about the journey, not the destination.

There is a nicely positioned storm inlet next to the fire pit that works awesome for loading and unloading bikes. Put back tires of truck on grate and tail gate is about 6-12" off the ground.

Didnt know that was there, even better. Thank you John. :bowdown:

What am I missing here? Trailering or hauling a motorcycle to a motorcycle rally? You know, it really (is) about the journey, not the destination.

Dude, that is 964 miles each way. Plus the 1200 miles give or take we will ride when we get there. I will have to have another set of tires during the trip if we ride. And.......I want to ride when I get there. :laugh:

1000 miles of highway tend to square off the tires pretty bad and this week of riding really likes a prime tire condition is all.. this rally is more about the destination , the people and the food... :) ok so maybe the drink too...

I guess I'm more of a touring rider than a rally attendee. I'd never even think of hauling a bike to a motorcycle rally unless it was broken.

Kinda tough to ride there and back with the wife and all the gear needed for the week :beerchug:

Kinda tough to ride there and back with the wife and all the gear needed for the week :beerchug:

Yup I'm with BA...hey James Im sure we will all have beer muscles by the time you get there..ok maybe just John:rofl::rofl:BUT, Im sure we can all find a way to get it off the trcuk...after you take that pic of you on the back in th suit:rofl::rofl:

Yup I'm with BA...hey James Im sure we will all have beer muscles by the time you get there..ok maybe just John:rofl::rofl:BUT, Im sure we can all find a way to get it off the trcuk...after you take that pic of you on the back in th suit:rofl::rofl:

Ok, I will provide one photo op just for you my friend. :laugh:

I guess I'm more of a touring rider than a rally attendee. I'd never even think of hauling a bike to a motorcycle rally unless it was broken.
I would bet close to half the bikes are on trailers when they arrive.. gear/coolers/easy ups/bbq's completely filling up the bulk of the trucks :) maybe this is more party than rally? :cheerleader:

Like everyone else has said, there will be no problemes :beerchug: Just be there :thumbsup:

There is also a spot down at the Microtel the is pretty friendly to loading and unloading :)

Back