Transporting the hayabusa

...although you'll get flamed for not riding the entire trip (you wuss) I say do what you feel comfortable doing.

I must admit - I am a Wuss...thats because I have an important interview on Tuesday and I dont want to feel like i've been violated by a motorcycle
biggrin.gif

But yeah - I admit to being scared - but mainly because of lack of preparation.

I'll carry a few bottles of water to drink, choco bars and granola bars to eat. I think it is cheaper for me to buy clothes there than to ship overnight from here
smile.gif
LOL

Good thing my gear came in this week. Oxtar TCS Evo RS boots and various bits of body armor...

Have lots to do wrt prepping the bike so TTYGL (G = Guys/Gals).

pics of the prepped bike tomorrow...

Looks like the trailer option is out of the question now...there is only ONE trailer available at U-Haul and it is 140 miles away = 280mile round trip.

MC - where do you live? How far from Raleigh are you? I can rent a car there, ride over to your place, trailer it the rest of the way...

HELP!!
blush.gif
Dude, I don't believe a car will pull a 6x12 enclosed.............

Looks like the trailer option is out of the question now...there is only ONE trailer available at U-Haul and it is 140 miles away = 280mile round trip.

MC - where do you live? How far from Raleigh are you? I can rent a car there, ride over to your place, trailer it the rest of the way...

HELP!!
blush.gif
you are right - it wont
sad.gif

They had a an enclosed but no motorcycle trailer. All in all - renting a SUV + renting a trailer would have cost me close to $1200.00 for the round trip.

I'd rather ride...no amount of ass pain is too much when you are talking about $1200.00 in hard earned money...

Anyone in Raleigh with a gel seat
sad.gif
??

sad.gif

HELP!!
blush.gif
you are right - it wont
sad.gif

They had a an enclosed but no motorcycle trailer. All in all - renting a SUV + renting a trailer would have cost me close to $1200.00 for the round trip.

I'd rather ride...no amount of ass pain is too much when you are talking about $1200.00 in hard earned money...

Anyone in Raleigh with a gel seat
sad.gif
 ??
That's the spirit!!!

Ride.

Let's not forget the cost of fuel............ 76 dollars/barrel and climbing!
mad.gif

Take the camera - report back here w/ pics when finished...........

sad.gif

Excellent suggestions so far. I'll look into getting a trailer but I am still iffy about leaving her out in the open.

It is only 650 miles...should I just ride?
tounge.gif

Why Erie?

1) Visiting Family (they are coming from India to visit my sister in Erie)
2) Visiting fellow ORG members redkat05 and others
3) Ride the local roads...some are really nice and scenic this time of year

Mostly...just show the bike to my family. Most of us have never seen a superbike in person (we come from India) and I want to give them all a ride (bought an extra helmet, jacket and knee-armor).
cool.gif
If you are only going 650 miles I have two words for you:

RIDE!
+1

look for the thin squiggly lines on the map + go have some fun

<!--EDIT|shortBoarder
Reason for Edit: None given...|1152817936 -->

Bad weather all through this weekend. I dont think I will be taking the Busa up there after all
sad.gif

Perfect weather ALL week...f*****g horrible weather come the weekend...

This stinks
sad.gif
rock.gif
mad.gif

sad.gif

Bad weather or not I would ride (unless you have medically unsound back).  It's not like you have to take a formal suit/tie with you right?  You're just meeting some family members.  Put the essentials in a tank bag and go.  Somedays I wish I had a destination hundreds of miles away to go to.

Run by a stealership and grab your gel seat then go get rain gear.  Plot out your road trip (not hard) and get ready to head on out.  If you get caught in a cats and dogs rainstorm stop under the first over pass or pull over into a gas station at the next exit until it lets up a little. If you get on it today ship the extra helmet and armor you were talking about via UPS for Tuesday delivery or over night the stuff.

Much cheaper than renting all the sh*t you're talking about plus gas.  At that rate you may as well get an airline ticket and pay someone to ship the bike for $400.

GEEZE...ride the bike.

<!--EDIT|Over_Easy
Reason for Edit: None given...|1152888920 -->

Bad weather or not I would ride (unless you have medically unsound back).  It's not like you have to take a formal suit/tie with you right?  You're just meeting some family members.  Put the essentials in a tank bag and go.  Somedays I wish I had a destination hundreds of miles away to go to.

Run by a stealership and grab your gel seat then go get rain gear.  Plot out your road trip (not hard) and get ready to head on out.  If you get caught in a cats and dogs rainstorm stop under the first over pass or pull over into a gas station at the next exit until it lets up a little.  If you get on it today ship the extra helmet and armor you were talking about via UPS for Tuesday delivery or over night the stuff.

Much cheaper than renting all the sh*t you're talking about plus gas.  At that rate you may as well get an airline ticket and pay someone to ship the bike for $400.

GEEZE...ride the bike.
+1

dude! hey GS you know i have a gel seat! bikes outa commission till i get all my parts in-like two more weeks... shoulda PM'd me bro I woulda shipd it to ya so you could save a few $$...but if you're in the market, get Tobin seat for the $$ they're awesome...or, wait'll I get my tobin n i'll sell you my old gel (its blk/grey 2-tone) fer dirt cheap:;):

have a safe trip and hope you get some riding in- i'll throw in my .02c here, and say ride no matter what...you have to learn sometime if you're going to really "get used to" riding your bike...you get a better feel for it, and notice little things that normally you aren't aware of.
If it rains/foggy/other bad weather; so fkn what-Put on some Under Armor undergarments (shirt n shorts n socks) n some comfy drawers and a t-shirt. Then gear up, throw a water bottle under the hump n a water bottle mebbe a powerbar or two. Carry your credit cards n phone n lic., nothing else. If you need xtra clothes or maps-get a magnetic tank bag. ICONs is great, but there are lots of good ones out there. I say GO FOR IT dude!
smile.gif

<!--EDIT|BigDiesel
Reason for Edit: None given...|1152910966 -->

Hey Dude!

I love my tank bag, you gotta get one of these for commuting or travel of any sort. I put my helmet visor (clear or smoke I'm not wearing), after dark pull my tinted headlight cover and stash it, water bottles, snacks etc. Makes it possible to go to a store for some items, bookstore for latest Cycle World, etc.

Bag3.JPG

* Installed my Sport-Touring screen from Zero-Gravity. Tested it - works OK. Will try out the Double-Bubble tomorrow and see which one I prefer.

* Just got my Cortech Magnetic Tri-Bag.

* Learned that my rear-tires wont make the trip
sad.gif

* Getting a new BT-56 rear tomorrow (front is good so I will get the pilot-powers/m3/qual on my next change where I swap both out)

* I am planning on riding out at 4:00am on Sunday morning. I will route through West Virginia and straight up through Pittsburgh to Erie

* I am at the point where I may actually welcome the rain - it was unbelievably hot today despite wearing my mesh jacket.

* Oxtar boots are nice but dont ventilate very well. Sidi coolmax socks will be tried out during the ride.

* Had to remove the superbike-cam mount to accomodate the tank bag. But I am carrying the mount with me to use in Erie

* I'll be getting cold water bottles every 150 miles (my stopping interval) so I will get off, pour some cold water on my head, T-Shirt (inside the mesh), on my bare legs and then zone out for a bit

* The problem with a bike is - you cannot sleep anywhere en-route

* For me - 12 hours is still no joke. I had to stop and sleep during my drive to NYC...

AS of now - I am riding. I cant say I am "thrilled" about it but I guess I should be...just a bit wary of all the sh*d that can go wrong.

And I HATE riding on le boring Interstates...

It is only 650 miles...should I just ride?
tounge.gif
If it's most of the reason you're making the trip, throw on the saddlebags and HIT THE ROAD! You'd be wasting money and time renting a U-haul.

Now if you were moving, that's different. Personally I'd get a trailer attached to the Busa.

Does it show how bad I've got the 2 wheel bug now?
laugh.gif

WAAAAH
sad.gif

If any of you are getting frustrated that I am still wavering...the only reason is:

1- bad weather on the busa = SOL
2- I am tall and my ass hurts after an hour in the saddle (stock seat)
3- Havent lowered the pegs yet so my legs cramp too
4- Food and Drink become luxuries
5- I dont have time to plan this ride carefully (leaving on sunday morning)

My conservative side is telling me to trailer it, go to Erie and enjoy the ride there...

I'll let ya'll know my final decision after checking out the U-Haul option tomorrow...
1. Rain gear. A cheap rainsuit with foot covers and all weather gloves is less than $100. Stop at a gas station to put the stuff on in 2 minutes if it starts raining.

2. Buy a beaded seat cover at the auto parts store. No, really. Cut it up and use some twine to redo the beads in the shape of your seat. It's incredible, and adds 1/2" to the seat height.

3. See #2 and Jinkster's peg mod. Can be done on Saturday in an hour if you don't slack.

4. Camelbak Hydropak. Get one.

5. We'll plan it for you. Now hurry up and get the above done, and get some rest Saturday night!

Back