Transporting the hayabusa

AND THE CROWD GOES WILD!!!!!!!!!
biggrin.gif

HE DID IT!!!!!!!
tounge.gif

U earned yourself some bragging rights! Reminds me when I rode my zx11 from Virgina Beach to Baltimore Harbor to by some cheese cake (CheeseCake Factory). Then rode home to Central NJ.
U DA MAN!

No pics from the road...well...just one from my overnight stop at DC. I was so engorssed in the riding.

Here is how it went.

Day-1:
------

-Depart Raleigh NC at 5:30pm (1.5 hours late) with the smoked HJC-AC12 visor
-Stop at a gas station because of fatigue after 1.5 hours - stretch a bit
-Start moving again...RAIN!!! Fantastic...cooled me down in the 90+ heat of the afternoon.
-Stop at Richmond VA for gas and a stretch
-Stop at Fredricksburg VA for a stretch and to swap to my HJC-AC12 Clear visor
- Arrive at my destination at 11:15pm

Day 2:
------
-Depart at 12:00pm sharp...extremely hot so I traded my dry-fit tee for a cotton tee soaked in cold water
-Stop at a gas station to fill up
-Stop at a rest-area just outside Maryland at the intersection of 70 and 76
-100mph on I-76 for most of the way. Interesting roads once you factor in reasonable curves and traffic
smile.gif

-Stopped before intersection of 76 and 79 for a good 20 minutes to fill up and chill...talked to some cuties in a ford mustang convertible. They wanted to race LOL
-Blasted all the way through I-79 at an average speed of 100mph. Had a minor race with a corvette where I touched 160 with all my bags etc. on board the bike
tounge.gif

-Reached Erie at 5:15pm to come to a locked house...BIL didnt expect me to show up so early and had gone to get some beer and eats
tounge.gif

All in all - excellent two day ride. I really enjoyed the time spent on the saddle...despite the pain and the fatigue. NO cramps...NO lingering back-ache...nothing. What a bike!!

All I need to do now to tour in the future:

* Lowered Pegs or nice rearsets
* Raised bars
* Gel / Tobin seat
* Throttle-Meister

thats it....this bike is a fantastic touring machine despite it's sporty heritage. So many people gave me the "Thumbs-Up" on the way...

I'll be repeating the trip on my return back to Raleigh NC in two weeks time...I was planning to trailer the bike but I changed my mind!

Ordering the throttle-meitster and gel-seat now so that I have them by then. Rest of the mods will have to wait a bit...

tounge.gif

AND THE CROWD GOES WILD!!!!!!!!!
biggrin.gif

HE DID IT!!!!!!!
tounge.gif

U earned yourself some bragging rights! Reminds me when I rode my zx11 from Virgina Beach to Baltimore Harbor to by some cheese cake (CheeseCake Factory). Then rode home to Central NJ.
U DA MAN!
Thanks bro!

It was everything you guys made it out to be. What a fun way to get around...

No pics from the road...well...just one from my overnight stop at DC. I was so engorssed in the riding.

Here is how it went.

Day-1:
------

-Depart Raleigh NC at 5:30pm  (1.5 hours late) with the smoked HJC-AC12 visor
-Stop at a gas station because of fatigue after 1.5 hours - stretch a bit
-Start moving again...RAIN!!!  Fantastic...cooled me down in the 90+ heat of the afternoon.
-Stop at Richmond VA for gas and a stretch
-Stop at Fredricksburg VA for a stretch and to swap to my HJC-AC12 Clear visor
- Arrive at my destination at 11:15pm

Day 2:
------
-Depart at 12:00pm sharp...extremely hot so I traded my dry-fit tee for a cotton tee soaked in cold water
-Stop at a gas station to fill up
-Stop at a rest-area just outside Maryland at the intersection of 70 and 76
-100mph on I-76 for most of the way. Interesting roads once you factor in reasonable curves and traffic
smile.gif

-Stopped before intersection of 76 and 79 for a good 20 minutes to fill up and chill...talked to some cuties in a ford mustang convertible. They wanted to race LOL
-Blasted all the way through I-79 at an average speed of 100mph. Had a minor race with a corvette where I touched 160 with all my bags etc. on board the bike
tounge.gif

-Reached Erie at 5:15pm to come to a locked house...BIL didnt expect me to show up so early and had gone to get some beer and eats
tounge.gif

All in all - excellent two day ride. I really enjoyed the time spent on the saddle...despite the pain and the fatigue. NO cramps...NO lingering back-ache...nothing. What a bike!!

All I need to do now to tour in the future:

* Lowered Pegs or nice rearsets
* Raised bars
* Gel / Tobin seat
* Throttle-Meister

thats it....this bike is a fantastic touring machine despite it's sporty heritage. So many people gave me the "Thumbs-Up" on the way...

I'll be repeating the trip on my return back to Raleigh NC in two weeks time...I was planning to trailer the bike but I changed my mind!

Ordering the throttle-meitster and gel-seat now so that I have them by then. Rest of the mods will have to wait a bit...
Interesting topic. Thanks for sharing your journey!

And although, not a HUGE issue... some pics on the way back will make the topic ROCK!

That's a long ride... glad you made it safely.

tounge.gif

I'll post what pics I have now in a few minutes...i'll definitely take my time on the way back now that I know how the ride will need to be handled.

On the way, my first long ride, taking pics was the last thing on my mind
smile.gif

Tank bag also interferes with the camera mount...so it will all have to be done during the stops...

I wont disappoint ;)

^ A man reborn.

Fun eh? Girls in convertales, racing corvettes, and beer at the end of a long ride... Listen to ya, now we couldn't convince you to trailer it home for our lives.

tounge.gif

^  A man reborn.

Fun eh?  Girls in convertables, racing corvettes, and beer at the end of a long ride... Listen to ya, now we couldn't convince you to trailer it home for our lives.

tounge.gif
tounge.gif

tounge.gif

Congrates!!!
I love long rides on the Busa. Have done several 9hr days just cruising the local area with Friends. Also, have done the trip to Colorado several times just for the heck of it. I also find that at the end of the day a little sore, but a nights sleep makes it all go away.

Hate to keep harping, but PICS!!!
tounge.gif

WAY TO GO GSF!!
beerchug.gif

That's awesome man, geez with all the lead-up on this post this trip has turned into something of a Norse saga! Shades of Hemingway... makes my little day-to-day riding log look like Little Golden Books.

Did you have any hydration gear with you? I just got a Rapid Transit tank bag and a Bota Bladder 40 oz. to go in it- the bag includes a flat bag that velcro's to the bottom to hold the bladder and keep it from sweating all over everything. Mouth of the bladder is big enough to fill it with ice cubes, and it has a bite tube for water on-the-go- I drink a LOT of water during the day, I think it will save me a lot of stops on long cruises.

watch out for those erie natives..i hear they can be a bit wild lol

hey GS-i'm in the process of ordering myself a Tobin-if you want i'll hook u up with my gel one, but its 2-tone? blk n grey...

oh yeah, and WHERE"S THE PICS, DUDE!?!?!
tounge.gif

It would appear there's a little gsferrari in all of us...check out the attendance on this thread.

We are all living vicariously through you. Have a great trip for all of us.  My first road trip......aaa..llgg....hhhhhh
drooling3.gif

Hey we helped get your azz in gear. You owe us ...

....pics
laugh.gif

Thanks you guys...there is NO DOUBT that without your encouragement and advice - I would not have had the courage to go through with this. This is a very "out of the box" event for me...I am very laid back and cautious by nature...

Pics coming up...searching for the USB cable...

Remember to pack light.  Do you really need the whole roll?
blush.gif
You shouldn't need any TP unless you have GI isuues. In the future just grab a small pack of baby wipes...you'll feel fresher too.
tounge.gif

In short, glad you followed through on taking the ride as opposd to hauling it up there. I wish I had a trip like that where I could take my bike.

<!--EDIT|Over_Easy
Reason for Edit: None given...|1153197913 -->

Back