Trailers, I know, beat to death

twotonevert

Member of P.E.A.
Donating Member
Registered
Ok, guys, I am getting irratated at the trailer market here in T-town. Found a 6x12 with ramp door. My question, will the 6x12 haul two bikes comfortably? My busa, the wife's katana, air compressor, small tool chest, stands, etc. I would rather have a 7x14 but cant swing the 4k to get one. I would very happy with the 6x12 if both bikes fit. I dont want to purchase this thing and find out it wont work. I plan to outfit the trailer with tie downs and chocks, lights, etc, one thing at a time of course. Does anyone else haul two bikes in a 6x12?

I have hauled two bikes in a 5 by 10 before. It was snug but can be done. I am looking for trailer deals here and they are hard to find. You gotta take what you can find on the used market.

I understand. Dealers are crooks, and I havent found anything used that I like.
firedevil.gif

LadyHawk and I can fit two Busa's in our 6X12 without problems~ Although, I've gotta re-do my choke placement now that I've got the Softail~ The wheel base is just a little longer...
blush.gif

TrailerChokes.JPG

I have been told that 2 bikes will fit in a 6x12, but it is kind of tight. I'm in the same situation that you are and don't want to put out the cash for a new one that I may or may not use much.

Without the chokes in place... you can see there's still plenty of room up front~

TrailerChokless2.JPG

YES, two bikes will fit in a 6x12. You will still have room for small items like a compressor, and a tool chest. It will work!! Been there done that, and it worked. Not alot of EXTRA room, but the bikes and stuff worked out great.

When we were trailer shopping, we mapped everything out on the garage floor. We used chalk to draw a box to represent the various sizes of trailers we might need to haul 3 bikes. If you have the space somewhere, measure everything you want to put in there and map it out on the floor to see what is comfortable for you. The only problem might be compensating for the wall space - we opted for an open trailer...

Why not make a weekend out of it and go to Georgia for your trailer?
$2698 for that 6x15 v-nose....

And yes you can get two bikes in a 6x12 as mentioned above.
beerchug.gif

James, like the others have said, you should be able to get your bikes and gear in a 6' X 12' easy. Keep in mind that you have the wall space to work with for storage shelves, hangers and such. With wheel chocks, the busa and your wife's bike will fit good.

Thanks for the input everyone. I am sitting here looking at it, I think it work just fine. Sonny, I cant take a road trip at the moment, or it would be a thought! Hal, I think I may go ahead and get the one I am looking at. Not a bad deal for the price, and brand new. I still have to check with the boss and tv star(juli), but hopefully I will be posting pics later tonight! Thanks for the pics Joker, that helps me with the decision greatly.

I have a 6X12 enclosed. It fits my Busa & RC51 or Wife's 600RR no problem w/ about 3' to the rear for tool boxes / compressor / etc. There is about 5" from each peg & the wall & 1' between the bikes.

Here' a shot with two Busa's loaded...
Nice set up GJoker !!!
thumb_up.gif
beerchug.gif

I am going to get a trailer as well, and have a question... I see in the pic you have one of the Busa's on a rear stand and then tied down. Do you think that is more stable than just tying it down on it's tire ?? Looks like it might be more stable on the stand... Hmmmm You got me thinkin' !!!!!
beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

super.gif
AM -->
GJoker @ Feb. 01 2008 said:
1282190[/ATTACH] AM]
Nice set up GJoker !!!
thumb_up.gif

beerchug.gif

I am going to get a trailer as well, and have a question... I see in the pic you have one of the Busa's on a rear stand and then tied down. Do you think that is more stable than just tying it down on it's tire ??  Looks like it might be more stable on the stand... Hmmmm  You got me thinkin' !!!!!
beerchug.gif
Good catch. My question is the weight of the bike and the force of the tie down is on the spindle bolt, do you trust that for long trips. I ask because I have thought about the same things. Front stand, rear stand, then tied down, it couldnt go anyhere.

Anyway, we did purchase a 6x12 this evening, but its too dark for pics, will take some tomorrow in the daylight. I am stoked, cant wait to outfit it now. My wife says I am spoiled, oh boy, wait till I get to painting the floor with non-skid and installing the lights, tie downs, chocks, etc!
laugh.gif

super.gif

beerchug.gif

super.gif
AM -->
1282200[/ATTACH] AM]
Nice set up GJoker !!!
thumb_up.gif
beerchug.gif

I am going to get a trailer as well, and have a question... I see in the pic you have one of the Busa's on a rear stand and then tied down. Do you think that is more stable than just tying it down on it's tire ?? Looks like it might be more stable on the stand... Hmmmm You got me thinkin' !!!!!
beerchug.gif
Good catch. My question is the weight of the bike and the force of the tie down is on the spindle bolt, do you trust that for long trips. I ask because I have thought about the same things. Front stand, rear stand, then tied down, it couldnt go anyhere.

Anyway, we did purchase a 6x12 this evening, but its too dark for pics, will take some tomorrow in the daylight. I am stoked, cant wait to outfit it now. My wife says I am spoiled, oh boy, wait till I get to painting the floor with non-skid and installing the lights, tie downs, chocks, etc!
laugh.gif
Right on Bro !!!!
cool.gif
Congrats on the trailer...
beerchug.gif

super.gif

beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

super.gif
AM -->
1282209[/ATTACH] AM]
Nice set up GJoker !!!
thumb_up.gif

beerchug.gif

I am going to get a trailer as well, and have a question... I see in the pic you have one of the Busa's on a rear stand and then tied down. Do you think that is more stable than just tying it down on it's tire ??  Looks like it might be more stable on the stand... Hmmmm  You got me thinkin' !!!!!
beerchug.gif

laugh.gif
Right on Bro !!!!  
cool.gif
beerchug.gif
Thank you very much. I got a white one, Hal impressed me with matching truck and trailer, I just had to accessorize!
ohthedrama.gif

super.gif

beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

congrats bro
beerchug.gif
sounds like i need to stay away from you guys- the disease is catching
laugh.gif

super.gif
AM -->
1282227[/ATTACH] AM]
Nice set up GJoker !!!
thumb_up.gif
beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

laugh.gif
Right on Bro !!!!
cool.gif
beerchug.gif
Thank you very much. I got a white one, Hal impressed me with matching truck and trailer, I just had to accessorize!
ohthedrama.gif
laugh.gif

Right on !!!!
cool.gif
beerchug.gif

I can't wait to get one and start pimping it up as well !!!!
laugh.gif

super.gif

beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

laugh.gif

cool.gif

beerchug.gif

laugh.gif

Back