Trailers, I know, beat to death

I am in the midst of talking my boss into giving me one of our 6x12 trailers.  Looks like it's mine  
thumb_up.gif
, but I'll keep you all posted.  I was thinking about using outdoor carpet for the floor.  Basically the trailer will be used for my busa, and the wifes fzr.  No dirtbikes, or anything overly dirty. Any thoughts on the use of outdoor carpet for the flooring?
Don't do it.... It will rot and look like you know what! Had a friend that did his trailer a few years ago, looked good for a season... Oh, and its slippery stuff when wet!

I am in the midst of talking my boss into giving me one of our 6x12 trailers. Looks like it's mine
thumb_up.gif
, but I'll keep you all posted. I was thinking about using outdoor carpet for the floor. Basically the trailer will be used for my busa, and the wifes fzr. No dirtbikes, or anything overly dirty. Any thoughts on the use of outdoor carpet for the flooring?
Don't do it.... It will rot and look like you know what! Had a friend that did his trailer a few years ago, looked good for a season... Oh, and its slippery stuff when wet!
thanks for the feedback. Was his done on an enclosed trailer or a box trailer?

I think I am finished for now. I installed a cross bar to hang the leathers on. I can hang from it so I know it will support the weight of 2 or 3 sets of gear. Trash can contained, stand mounted, and you can see where the compressor will mount.

trailer_012.jpg

Just the necessities, I have the honda polish on the bench at the moment. I also have a tool chest that I will just set in the trailer when we go places. Anyway, I am finished. Thank you for all of your opinions and answers to my questions, this will work great! We will be driving the new truck to the bash, so we are ready to roll! Come on April, how much longer do we have?

trailer_015.jpg

That's a heck of a setup!
beerchug.gif

How would you like to come to McKinney and help me rig up my trailer when it gets here in a week or so? I've got beer.

Sounds like a road trip! Will I need my welder and metal cutting tools?
beerchug.gif

Sally came home this afternoon. Heres a shot of the BT021. I like it, the tire feels sticky. I need to get front stand for sure, they got to me little on labor.

busa.jpg

I have no idea how to weld and would probably burn down the trailer.
banghead.gif
It always seemed like something that would be awfully handy to know but I never made the time to learn.

I have no idea how to weld and would probably burn down the trailer.
banghead.gif
It always seemed like something that would be awfully handy to know but I never made the time to learn.
Its not a big deal. I got a nice little Hobart Mig that will do up to 1/2 stock with the right wire in it. I like to build stuff.

Nice, James, very nice! Starting to get a little excited about picking mine up.

Back