trailer design

ajm

Registered
I am thinking about a 6x12 trailer. I need to be able to haul min. 3 bikes. One is a Hayabusa and the other two are FZ 1's. I am thinking about a flat bed but have not ruled out an enclosed. Is this size big enough? I am limited by the size of tow vehicle. It is a gmc jimmie. I don't want to hurt the jimmie with to much trailer weight. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

ajm

I have a 6X12 enclosed.....3 will fit, but it will be tight.

If it were 6X12 open....3 would fit a bit easier.

DD

Devil Dog is yours a V nose? My 7X12 V-nose works pretty good with 3 Bikes with the front one all the way to the front of the nose. I would think it would be hard to do with it pulled back 3 feet.

A 6x12 enclosed would be a lil too much for that Jimmy IMO. An open would prob be OK but still right heavy (tandem right?).What the tow rating on yer truck?

Do a search on trailers - there was thread a while back on bike specific trailers that had light weight trailers for 3 bikes w/ pics + links.

could possibly do 3 on this trailer if set up right, and would not hurt the jimmy.

- i have the MT-2

(Professor @ Feb. 27 2007,06:09) Devil Dog is yours a V nose? My 7X12 V-nose works pretty good with 3 Bikes with the front one all the way to the front of the nose. I would think it would be hard to do with it pulled back 3 feet.
Mine is not a V nose..... Standard 6X12 enclosed.

3 bikes would be tight, I think.

with a 6x12 utility trailer, u can do 2 bikes long ways and one bike at the bike sideways. that is the only way u are gonna get three bikes on that trailer. i have a 6.5x10 utility trailer and squeezing 3 bikes on that is super tough and super tight. you could even do 2 bikes facing forward long ways anxd then back up the third bike right between the two, that way the nose, which is the widest part, will be facing the rear of the trailer and u can strap it down alot easier. just my .02.

Back