Enclosed trailer

CHUBBY60

Registered
Anyone on Long Island recommend a trailer company? I am looking for an enclosed trailer that can fit 2 HD Dressers or three sport bikes? Seems like there is a lot of garbage out there. Prices range from $2500 - 4200?

Welcome to the board. I had a Pace American trailer and it was great. Mine was a 6X10 and it would only hold two bikes. If you want three bikes in there I would say to go with a 7X14.

I have a 7 X 14 and I can fit 3 bikes, tool chest/box, generator, lights, chairs, table, workbench and lots of other stuff and still have room to move around. Cost about 4200, I think...

Makes going to the races much easier...

David

Attachments

• trailer_pic
    119 KB · Views: 173
I have a 6x12 Danzer that I bought new last spring for $2,800. It has 6" higher ceiling option, stone guard 1/3 of the way up the front, finished interior, roof vent and ramp door. They're available at Wholesale Auto, Harrisburg, PA - (717) 652-7482. Tell Jim or Chad that Ed sent you.

Ed

I've got a 7x12 with a V-nose. It will haul 2 dressers with ease. I have had 2 Dressers and a softail in it.  Three dressers in possible if the front one does if you pull off the bags on the front one. Three sport bikes would be easy.

P1010006_JPG.jpg

Link to more picks but before I added the extra mounts.

Here is one with the wife’s Shadow 750 and a buddy’s Shadow 1100 in it.  With two bikes the right one stays in place. The left one goes to the front left mount. The left bike sits even with the right in a 3 bike config. A single bike, sits in the middle with the front wheel about where the rear wheel of the 750 is sitting. If you look closely you can see the pingle mounts in front of her rear tire. If hauling the busa by itself, I just roll into the Condor mount on the right side. Man, it is tight tight with three dressers, and pretty tight with 2. I can see how you can get two in a 6' wide enclosed. Open trailer yes, but I'd hate to try it with an enclosed.  Everything gets at least 4 straps, two in the front and two in the rear. The strap attachments go to quick release ancra mounts. The folding d-rings came with the trailer and are pretty much in the wrong place no matter what you are doing.   This configuration keeps the tongue weight in pretty good shape regardless of the number of bikes.

Back