Trailer

GSXRFANN

FLUNKIE
Donating Member
Registered
Someone gave me a jet ski trailer. I was wondering if it would be possible to modify the trailer into a bike trailer for the Busa. I think the weights are about the same for the ski and the Busa. I am curious about the bike being top-heavy. I dont want the trailer to flip during tow.
Does anyone think this will work? Has anyone ever done this?
Suggestions, and help??!!!

I have seen jet ski trailers made into all sorts of things. Some are acutually WIDER than motorcycle only trailers so flipping should be less of a worry. Remember the Pontiac commercial "Wider is better".

By the way, I'm about an hour south of you if you ever want to ride. Let me know.

Chris

NC does that mean you're right around statesville?
rock.gif

shoot.. you guys aren't that far from me.. I hadn't noticed that.. statesville is only about 4 hrs from here.

I think the trailer thing would work with some modding of the trailer of course.

You didn't mention if you're talking about a single or dual jetski trailer. Singles are a bit narrow, plus by design many of them hold the jetski fairly high off the ground. As for the dual jetski carrier, those are plenty wide enough (I own one). You'll just need a piece of C-Channel bolted on to the trailers frame and a ramp piece, and you've got it!

Perfect trailer for a bike. I built removable rails & a ramp for my boat trailer and hauled three bikes to the Busa Bash with it. Unbolt the rails (ten minutes) and it's a boat trailer again.

It is a single ski trailer. The manufacturer is shorelander.
The width of the trailer is the only thing that scares me. I am not sure if it is too narrow which would make the trailer/bike combo even more top heavy.
I have access to channel and welder, but don't wanna spend the time if it won't work.

I have a jet ski trailer that the manufacture converted for the bike. You need a center rail andrails on each side of the bike so you have somthing to stanbd on. You also need a gate or ramp. gate ram would be the best. The trailer will pull nice because of the large wheels. Mine was a SeaDoo trailer. I do not use a trailer mnuch though, I usually have my bike shipped.

Back