Trailer

IM000638__Small_.JPG

Here's a nice one made by Wells Cargo! I wished that I had went a litle bigger! Also is a V-Nose!
one of their plants is about 45 minutes from here and they will build it anyway you want... price to quality is pretty good on these.. I used a 28' for the drag boat for about 2 years and never had issues with it.

Smoke Dog.
How much does that trailer retail for, and what size is it?
That is SWEET!

I would TRY to get a 10', instead of an 8'. If at ALL possible!
BUT,
The 8'would be fine. Enclosed, for sure!!

Get the enclosed...I got one, you won't regret it. Hopefully it has a drop ramp in the rear. Think about trips and if you ever need to stay overnight, away from thieves and the weather. No-brainer there bro...

Thanks Guys , I decided on an enclosed trailer , probably a little bigger than a 5 x 8 so I can fit at least 2 Busa's so if I am going to a ORG get together I could give someone a ride if needed.
thumb_up.gif

Go with the enclosed......I love mine. Plus, you don't have to worry about criminals eyeballin' your trash in parking lots or truck stops......

DD

okay...enclosed, I could see the need if you're a racer(hauling tons of tools etc) or its a showbike(very worried about it getting dirty or seen) but for the typical guy who is only transporting his bike I see these trailers as downfalls. They're more expensive, more expensive to maintain, depreciate faster, more prone to be stolen and in most cases, harder to store.

The other trailer looks like a dump bed type trailer to me. Unless you are hauling pigs or dirt, what do you need such strong and high sides for?

5x8 is plenty big and wide for anything but 2 full sized dressers and you can even do it then if you are careful.

I had a trailer from Gander Mtn. Flat deck, plank treated flooring, ramp, A frame neck but most importantly, 15" tires and 3000lbs capacity. New it would've costed just under $1000. I bought mine off craigslist for $500. It was practically new and still had the nubs on the tires. Hauled a bike to the gap and back then relisted it back on craigslist at $100 profit and sold it to the second caller (out of nearly 50)

I know that with a lot of guys here its not about "needing" as bad as "wanting" but you might want to reconsider a basic utility style trailer for its overall usefulness and ability to hold its value.

My enclosed trailer is the best $$ I have spent. I have already got alot of use out of it. I like to roll with my pals!
winkold.gif

post_6_51517_CIMG3012__Small_.jpg

It's nice to be able to repair my busa or one of the members bikes who may be a long way from home at one of our gatherings.

post_6_50484_CIMG2988__Small_.jpg

I have a 6 X 12 enclosed hauls the Busa & Wife's 600RR great w/ room for gear etc.
It also hauls 2 track bikes great w/ 2 tool boxes, generator, table, chairs, etc.
I paid $1300 for it used. I could sell it for the same at any time. No prying eyes, rock chips, etc.

GO ENCLOSED - Buy used if it comes to $$$
beerchug.gif

I have a 6 X 12 enclosed hauls the Busa & Wife's 600RR great w/ room for gear etc.
It also hauls 2 track bikes great w/ 2 tool boxes, generator, table, chairs, etc.
I paid $1300 for it used. I could sell it for the same at any time. No prying eyes, rock chips, etc.

GO ENCLOSED - Buy used if it comes to $$$
beerchug.gif
you got a fantastic deal I wouldn't had passed on either. Where did you find it? A buddy hook up or what?

Bob....Go For the enclosed....you wouldn't want your black beauty to get dirty getting hauled somewhere...or even worse....Stolen!!
wowold.gif

Back