Trailer

NINJA KILLER

JUST CRUISN '
Donating Member
Registered
What's up All , My wife was looking at trailers and found this real nice open utility 5 x 8 for $1,800. She is giving me this trailer for my 40 TH birthday in Jan. Would this be a good trailer to get for the money?

1370_main_image_original__Medium_.jpg

She also found a real nice 2006 haulmark 5 x 8 enclosed with ramp doors in either standard or v - nose . I can get it for $2,000 . The trailer comes with rear stabilizer jacks.

NV29384_1.jpg

Been jonesin' for a trailer myself and was considering a Kendon open trailer as I can't fit a enclosed one in the garage. If I had a place to keep one I would buy an enclosed to keep the thieves/vandals at bay and keep the bike clean. Let us know what you wind up buying and how it works out. Merry Christmas to all!
beerchug.gif

Looks like you outta be ownin an enclosed trailer soon. My B-day is in Jan also. But I'll be 41...youngin.

Your tow vehicle may dictate your decision. Your intented use other than hauling your Busa will enter into the equation. I have both and a toy hauler. I would never put mulch in my enclosed trailer or toy hauler.
For 200.00 more, I would get the enclosed trailer. Just my 2cents.

Enclosed trailer, Bob. Thinking of getting one myself. Have a very nice 2-rail open trailer which is easy to store, but I'm not feeling as safe as I did a few years ago.

Got a 8'inch drop hitch so that won't be a problem , I am going to try and get the 5x8 enclosed if MOMMA let's me get it!
beerchug.gif

A Busa can virtually live in an enclosed trailer, weather, thieves, additional stuff...like everybody else says....it's just the open trailer is better for hay, compost and trips to the dump...do those uses compete with the relationship you have with your bike? Raydog

Get the enclosed trailer!!!!!!!!! Also you might beable to go a little bigger for a couple more bucks! Also, make sure you can stand up in it!!! You will be much, much, much, more happier!

Bob, I have a 5'X10' open trailer as well as my enclosed trailer. I used the open trailer to haul the busa and my wifes bike for two years. I also use the open trailer to haul my John Deere tractor and to haul tree limbs and leaves, dirt, rock etc. The last time I had the bikes on back was coming home from the meet n greet in Arkansas. It POURED rain on us all the way home, and we got into a little hail too. After that trip I told myself that was the last trip on an open trailer for my busa. You also get bugs, rock chips, sand blast on an open trailer, although the one you are looking at would be better as it has sides on it. If you are going to use the trailer for moving other stuff as well as the busa, it would be fine. If your going to haul the busa only, go with the enclosed for the little extra $$. If mama won't poney up the extra $200 for the enclosed I'll send you a birthday card with a couple hunskies in it!
ThumbsUp.gif

Bob, I have a 5'X10' open trailer as well as my enclosed trailer. I used the open trailer to haul the busa and my wifes bike for two years. I also use the open trailer to haul my John Deere tractor and to haul tree limbs and leaves, dirt, rock etc. The last time I had the bikes on back was coming home from the meet n greet in Arkansas. It POURED rain on us all the way home, and we got into a little hail too. After that trip I told myself that was the last trip on an open trailer for my busa. You also get bugs, rock chips, sand blast on an open trailer, although the one you are looking at would be better as it has sides on it. If you are going to use the trailer for moving other stuff as well as the busa, it would be fine. If your going to haul the busa only, go with the enclosed for the little extra $$. If mama won't poney up the extra $200 for the enclosed I'll send you a birthday card with a couple hunskies in it!
ThumbsUp.gif
+10000 (What ^ said)

Another vote for enclosed trailer. First time I used mine, it was a track day and it poured. Shelter from the rain.

I would never consider an enclosed trailer as "secure storage" for you ride. Its soo easy to take the trailer and whatever is inside.

I have almost lost a bike off an open trailer.(on the way to daytona) Losing a bike simply is not even possible with an enclosed. THe only downside to an enclosed is the wind drag. You must have a good tow vehicle, with upgraded cooling and trans cooler.

Back