Thoughts on bike trailers?

Fastfrog007

Donating Member
Registered
I've been lookin at trailers for the Ol Busa, but my options are kind of limited. Im tryin to stay around the $5-600 mark the best I can. My biggest problem is weight, or so I think. The tow vehicle will either be and under powered 03 Cavalier or a more properly powered, yet fragile 04 Subaru STi. Pretty sure neither of the 2 is rated to tow, but they've got 4 seats, so Id assume they're good for 7-800lbs worth of people or bike and trailer, but Id still like to keep that as low as possible.

I've found this Ebay trailer, was wondering what you guys thought about it. I worry it's not built with thick enough steel ect, but I can weld some reinforcements if needed.

For Dirt Bike Scooter Motocross Compact Motorcycle Trailer Kit 3x4 w Rail | eBay

Thanks guys

Man your making it hard, an all aluminum would be the way to go!, But let me look around.

Harbor freight has some too. You might want to surf your local Craigslist for a 3 rail (or similar) dirtbike trailer. They can be had for under $400 and are as light as can be.

Yes I would check on your local craigslist 1st. I order alot of items off ebay and I dont like that company's feedback score. A lot of complaints due to shoddy work on thier products. A trailer hauling your prized busa is the last thing you want to come apart going down the highway IMO.....:whistle:

Why can't you ride your bike like most men do?:rofl: After my last Bash experience of riding to and from Robbinsville in a Northeaster I have been looking too. Let me know how you come out as I'm probably going to get one too.

The wife just bought a Kendon trailer for 2 bikes. It folds up and you can stand it up in the corner of the garage.

We pull the Busa and a fz6r with a 4 cylinder Nissan Rouge. It pulls very easilly. You can find good deals on C-list for them.:thumbsup:

+1 on the Kendon.

I've owned a 1 bike set up and now own a 2 bike set up, folds up nice and out the way in the garage, and they pull great and weight only 300lbs, I would buy another in a heartbeat.

Remember you get what you pay for, I can tell ya my trailer has been over 90mph being pulled with 2 bikes on it in South Dakota for miles and miles, in huge potholes, storms, wind and rain and it just takes the abuse. I have thousands of miles on it, never a single issue.

I use the pit bull trailer restraint system for my bikes with this trailer.

pitbull003.jpg

newtrailer001.jpg

If you are towing with a car, you'll want to stick with a class 1 trailer. If you are towing any distances, you'll want the trailer tiers to be about the same size as the tow vehicles. The tiny 8" trailer tires are traveling at a relatively higher rate of speed than a 16-17" tow vehicle tire.

Thanks guys, called about the one Craigslist add, havent heard back. Ill probly look into the HF trailer and see what else I can find out about the Ebay one. Not really sure which direction Ill go. Fortunatly, Ive got a few months to figure it all out.

Back