Hayabusa 2 wheeled trailer?

Rent A U-hual motorcycle trailor. I think it cost me $30.

Buy some straps and Canyon Dancers.

If you want to go all out, try something like this. No straps on the bike and there's no way that bike will tip over but it weighs a ton. Costs about $300 + trailer restraint system. I built it, I like it. I just have to attach a skid strip on the end because lifting that sucker by myself is insane. Drop on foot and your screwed. I drag it now.

Rent A U-hual motorcycle trailor. I think it cost me $30.

Buy some straps and Canyon Dancers.

If you want to go all out, try something like this. No straps on the bike and there's no way that bike will tip over but it weighs a ton. Costs about $300 + trailer restraint system. I built it, I like it. I just have to attach a skid strip on the end because lifting that sucker by myself is insane. Drop on foot and your screwed. I drag it now.

I’m looking to pull a trailer with my busa.

shopping 001.JPG
shopping 002.JPG

I have a one wheel trailer. I would not put 300lbs in it

cheers
ken

I would like to do drag week if I can figure out how to pull a trailer that can haul the gear I need. From what I see and heard the track isn’t always the best so I would like to be able to swap the rear wheel out for a slick. I could do with out some stuff. But it would be nice to be able to cool my bike down.

@busakiller this seems like quite the undertaking. I think a desire for such an' undertaking is cool.
Sounds like cash is not an' issue for you. Have you considered much easier options like:
Advertise for somebody leaving your area or passing by that would drop all your gear at your destination.
An easy way with almost 100% success would be just to pay a courier to pick-up/drop-off both ways.
The extra wheel I understand,but you could order your desired tire,have it delivered to a shop local to the track swap it for the races,swap it back for the return home. IDK man,the trailer thing sounds like a lot of hassle.
I say it can be done but you gonna need to upgrade your brake pads. Stocks wont save ya at those levels of total bike and trailer weight.
I think the brakes on a GenII with SS lines/HH pads would do the job at 50-60 MPH just fine. 350 in the trailer is going to push you forward and around. The brakes will cook more than usual,and yer clutch is gonna take a beating too.
A 2-wheeled trailer is gonna "track" too. I'd go one wheel myself,some guys pull pretty long trailers.

t2.jpg

You could also spread the weight out too...like with this fugly contraption...

t1.jpg

This ones even worse...a freakin' turbo on a "cargo hauler"...

a.jpg

c.jpg

What kind of moron would ride that...
rofl.gif

You could have some fun at the track thou....click here
Rubb.

@busakiller this seems like quite the undertaking. I think a desire for such an' undertaking is cool.
Sounds like cash is not an' issue for you. Have you considered much easier options like:
Advertise for somebody leaving your area or passing by that would drop all your gear at your destination.
An easy way with almost 100% success would be just to pay a courier to pick-up/drop-off both ways.
The extra wheel I understand,but you could order your desired tire,have it delivered to a shop local to the track swap it for the races,swap it back for the return home. IDK man,the trailer thing sounds like a lot of hassle.

I think the brakes on a GenII with SS lines/HH pads would do the job at 50-60 MPH just fine. 350 in the trailer is going to push you forward and around. The brakes will cook more than usual,and yer clutch is gonna take a beating too.
A 2-wheeled trailer is gonna "track" too. I'd go one wheel myself,some guys pull pretty long trailers.

View attachment 1629661

You could also spread the weight out too...like with this fugly contraption...

View attachment 1629660

This ones even worse...a freakin' turbo on a "cargo hauler"...

View attachment 1629662

View attachment 1629663
What kind of moron would ride that...View attachment 1629664

You could have some fun at the track thou....click here
Rubb.
You said something I didn’t think of. 2 wheel trailer is going to track. I will have to find away to make a 1 wheeled trailer work. With drag week time isn’t unlimited so having an extra wheel with a slick would make life easier. Just a simple wheel swap and make a pass. I could deal with no fan and power source. But still need tools and such and my gear. Next month I will try and build the trailer and hopefully come spring the bike will be down and I can test it going to the track.

You said something I didn’t think of. 2 wheel trailer is going to track. I will have to find away to make a 1 wheeled trailer work. With drag week time isn’t unlimited so having an extra wheel with a slick would make life easier. Just a simple wheel swap and make a pass. I could deal with no fan and power source. But still need tools and such and my gear. Next month I will try and build the trailer and hopefully come spring the bike will be down and I can test it going to the track.
Ya BK it's going to track and be a huge wind catch. It'll be like pulling a sail. With just the hardbags on my bike,I get blown around real good. The thing is going to be a nightmare with the giant topbox and bags. I think I'd prefere it to pulling any trailer though. Have you considered the bags/trunk option? You could strap a wheel down to your passenger seat leaned up against a topbox. Just offering up idea's. Looks like the single wheel would be the way to go over a 2. Ken, @kml is a smart guy and a real straight shooter,I'd be bouncing questions off him regarding his opinion/experiences hauling a trailer.
Rubb.
aA.jpg

Back