~~ Kendon dual trailer ~~

runeight

why ask why
Donating Member
Registered
Greetings,

Just wanted to throw some ideas out here..

I contacted a distributor for Kendon trailers located in Anhiem, CA. I can purchase the 2007 dual model with the tool box, tie down package and spare tire for $2485.00. Picture of wanted options attached.

Shipping would be $275.00 to my door. The trailer is crated and some assembly is required.  $2755.00 total.

I am thinking for a little more I could buy an enclosed trailer but this would fit my needs just fine and I like the fact that it folds for storage.

You don't use a trailer often but just nice to have. Kind of like that special tool in the tool box.

Now, some of you members live in the area. They will assemble the trailer (and I would not have a crate to dispose of) at the factory. They will not assemble the additional tool box. Not a problem as it could be tied down on the trailer.

An eight (8) hour round trip for me @ 275 miles one way. As far as I am concerned I would not save that much by driving there to pick it up. Figure gas, food and time. Not to mention the stress of driving down there.

So..anybody willing to pick it up and bring it to Vegas over the get together up there in April? Could strap one bike and the tool box on it OR..two bikes and tool box in back if using a truck.

Just some thoughts here. Any feedback is appreciated.

runeight...

http://www.kendontrailers.com/

BB207PP.gif

I am in the same boat.....

I like the Kendon trailers....but for a little more....a nice used enclosed can be found.

An added option for you.....If you set up the pickup, I wouldn't mind picking it up and meeting you half way...depending on where you're at in AZ.....I'm just throwing it out there.

Here is a pick of the trailer i hope to go look at next week....the guy is asking $4900....i'm gonna offer $4000.

John....there are a lot of trailer out there, you just gotta look around.

trailer_2.jpg

Vinnie,

Not many in my area but a great idea for a nice used one. I suppose we could "keep our eyes open" for a used one.

Should add that I could pull a Kendon easily with my car but not an enclosed trailer. Would have to buy a truck and I'm holding off until retirement.

Thanks..

runeight...

Very pricey....... for that little trailer, IMO. You could get a utility trailer for less than half that and add chocks for the bikes. You would have alot more trailer for "whatever else", later. Of course it doesn't fold but that may be a good thing...............

(guido4512 @ Jan. 26 2007,07:05) Very pricey....... for that little trailer, IMO. You could get a utility trailer for less than half that and add chocks for the bikes.  You would have alot more trailer for "whatever else", later. Of course it doesn't fold but that may be a good thing...............
The storage is the great thing about it. This can also be used for hauling as the chocks and rails are removable.

runeight...

(runeight @ Jan. 26 2007,06:05) Vinnie,

Not many in my area but a great idea for a nice used one. I suppose we could "keep our eyes open" for a used one.

Should add that I could pull a Kendon easily with my car but not an enclosed trailer. Would have to buy a truck and I'm holding off until retirement.

Thanks..

runeight...
check Craigslist.....they have tons of stuff there

Check other areas away from you too, like here, San Diego....we can find you a trailer.

I've been looking for about a month now....i check everyday, I will look for you too.

Maybe we can build a nice one......

not a POS...I'm talking a high quality trailer. I know I can.

I descent axle is about $250 shipped. Thats a good start.

I was thinking about building a couple trailers...to finance my enclosed trailer

It's just something I would like to have. No hurry on one by the way.

The GF and I were looking at new FJR Yamaha's but have decided to wait until 2008 for that purchase.
sad.gif

runeight...

(guido4512 @ Jan. 26 2007,06:05) Very pricey....... for that little trailer, IMO. You could get a utility trailer for less than half that and add chocks for the bikes.  You would have alot more trailer for "whatever else", later. Of course it doesn't fold but that may be a good thing...............
+1......like a regular landscape trailer plus the chocks....

Way more versatile!

Requirements are..

Haul two (2) bikes.
Side door.
Ramp door in rear.
V nose.

They are not cheap. Probably a 6 by 10/12 foot.

runeight...

(runeight @ Jan. 26 2007,06:16) Requirements are..

Haul two (2) bikes.
Side door.
Ramp door in rear.
V nose.

runeight...
You'll need a truck for that.

Buy a 4x8 trailer from Harbor freight for $200 (one with 8" wheels) Take the wheels to your local slavage yard and locate some 15" wheels and tires. Sell the 8" setup on ebay. Buy 2 1/4" thick 4X4 pieces of aluminuim diamond plate. Use Stainless bolts to screw the new diamond plate bed to your trailer rails

1/4" aluminuim is as strong if not twice as strong as the steel wire they use in many utility trailer floors. It will not rust and looks 10 times better.

a friend or a weld shop and make you the external "outrigger" tie down points if you feel you need them. I ahve personally seen 2 Hayabusas loaded and transported in the bed of a pickup (4X8 with siderails)

(Devil Dog @ Jan. 26 2007,07:17)
(runeight @ Jan. 26 2007,06:16) Requirements are..

Haul two (2) bikes.
Side door.
Ramp door in rear.
V nose.

runeight...
You'll need a truck for that.
That is what I am saying. When I picked mine up in Vegas I rented a U-Haul 6 by 12 trailer.

U-Hauls are god awful heavy and the little Ford Tarus had all it could do to pull it with the big V 6 in it!  
laugh.gif

The car is paid for with 34000 miles (2000 model).

We don't drive it much but it would pull a Kendon without any problems.

The thought of a truck payment is just scary for an "occasional" pulling of a trailer.

runeight...

(suzuki4life @ Jan. 26 2007,07:20) Buy a 4x8 trailer from Harbor freight for $200 (one with 8" wheels) Take the wheels to your local slavage yard and locate some 15" wheels and tires. Sell the 8" setup on ebay. Buy 2 1/4" thick 4X4 pieces of aluminuim diamond plate. Use Stainless bolts to screw the new diamond plate bed to your trailer rails

1/4" aluminuim is as strong if not twice as strong as the steel wire they use in many utility trailer floors. It will not rust and looks 10 times better.
to much work..
laugh.gif

Good idea but time is money.

runeight...

The 2007 models have the diamond plate floor, adjustable wheel chocks etc.

runeight...

4t.jpg

(runeight @ Jan. 26 2007,06:22)
(suzuki4life @ Jan. 26 2007,07:20) Buy a 4x8 trailer from Harbor freight for $200 (one with 8" wheels) Take the wheels to your local slavage yard and locate some 15" wheels and tires. Sell the 8" setup on ebay. Buy 2 1/4" thick 4X4 pieces of aluminuim diamond plate. Use Stainless bolts to screw the new diamond plate bed to your trailer rails

to much work..
laugh.gif

runeight...
John....suzuki4life has a great point.....

I've been thinking about ordering one of these and doing the very same thing he mentions

you couldhave a beautiful trailer for a fraction of the cost....

OTD....for no more than about $600 and have the same setup as the Kendon!

(Devil Dog @ Jan. 26 2007,08:02) I am in the same boat.....

I like the Kendon trailers....but for a little more....a nice used enclosed can be found.

An added option for you.....If you set up the pickup, I wouldn't mind picking it up and meeting you half way...depending on where you're at in AZ.....I'm just throwing it out there.

Here is a pick of the trailer i hope to go look at next week....the guy is asking $4900....i'm gonna offer $4000.

That trailer looks awesome! Does it have living space?

(MC MUSTANG @ Jan. 26 2007,07:01)
(Devil Dog @ Jan. 26 2007,08:02) I am in the same boat.....

That trailer looks awesome!  Does it have living space?
No....just a 7X16.....

(Devil Dog @ Jan. 26 2007,07:55)
(runeight @ Jan. 26 2007,06:22)

to much work..
laugh.gif

runeight...
John....suzuki4life has a great point.....

I've been thinking about ordering one of these and doing the very same thing he mentions

you couldhave a beautiful trailer for a fraction of the cost....

OTD....for no more than about $600 and have the same setup as the Kendon!
hmmm...

hmmmm...

wink.gif

(runeight @ Jan. 26 2007,09:16) Requirements are..

Haul two (2) bikes.
Side door.
Ramp door in rear.
V nose.

runeight...
That exact trailer is anywhere between $2800 and $3500 at Lowes. That's where I purchased mine.

I was close to buying an open trailer and I'm so happy I didn't. Check Lowes, John. Talk o the GM of the store. They have a lot of margin in those trailers and cash could make the difference.

Back