Kendon Trailers

05 Busa LE

Donating Member
Registered
Saw this Kendon folding trailer Kendon Single Trailer; single rail is $2,000.00, and it folds and runs on casters for storage.

Anyone have one, or heard about them? Thanks.

Kendon_Trailer_SM.JPG

personally, I dont know that Id trailer my baby on something that folded up. That's just me though, I guess.

Yeah, I used one for the fall Bash. They pull great. The only downside is the front tire goes too far forward in the chock and the lower lip of fairing will make contact with the chock. My solution was to place a 2x4 in the front of chock to space the tire back 1.5 ". No contact then. The chock is not adjustable for multiple bikes which makes it not ideal. But you can adapt to make it work. Otherwise a good trailer.

Good point, ibified, but it folds beyond the back axle.  Plus, I don't have the space so the vertical storage is a plus.

hmm.  Sounds interesting.  I guess I'm thinking of the POS folding trailers that they sell at harbor freight.  These must be a better design...I think id go with the recommendation of someone who has one.

One thing I've thought of in the past.....has anyone ever looked at a regular utility-type trailer with the mesh flooring? Not that youd want to pull with just that, but I was thinking of the possibility of modifying it - putting something solid in parts of the floor over the mesh, welding in some supports for a moveable wheel chock, adding heavy duty casters to the back of the trailer so you could set it upright, etc... Just an idea.

I checked one of these out. Very well made and very nice.

When you add a few things to it ie: spare tire, stone guard etc. they get close to an enclosed price.

Just my 2 cents.

r8

Rune,

thats what I was thinking, hence the suggestion of modifying a regular utility trailer. I think if you were smart about it, and planned things out, you cuold have a decent open trailer for a motorcycle that you could also still use as a good utility trailer.

Good points, ibi and R8.

Since I live in the city, storage is tough. Glad to hear it's at least well-made.

Yeah, I used one for the fall Bash. They pull great. The only downside is the front tire goes too far forward in the chock and the lower lip of fairing will make contact with the chock. My solution was to place a 2x4 in the front of chock to space the tire back 1.5 ". No contact then. The chock is not adjustable for multiple bikes which makes it not ideal. But you can adapt to make it work. Otherwise a good trailer.
+1 on what Drew said they are great trailers I have pulled one on couple a different occaisions and over all I would rate it a 9 on a 10 scale. Only thing I think that Kendon should improve on is anchor points but you can modify the trailer easy enough to correct that problem. Also just FYI Kendon stands behind there product 100% Alan (for 10/66) had bought one used and one of the Main beams got a stress crack (This was an older model Kendon they have better the design) well he called kendon and they asked him to send Pictures of the trailer they seen what happened and sent him a new trailer to replace the old one that he had bought used. I give Kendon
thumb_up.gif
thumb_up.gif
for customer servive.

thumb_up.gif

I havn't looked at one of their trailers, but Smithers Customs has one of their bike lift tables and it is slick! Even though they are almost twice the price of one from Harbor Freight, I'm thinking about one because it can be folded up and stored standing up in the corner of the garage. I do have in addition to my enclosed trailer, a 5' X 10' open trailer I have had for over 10 years. I have hauled so much stuff with it in addition to the bikes I would be lost without it. It is light enough to pick up the front and push it into the back yard where I store it. Paid around $800 for it.

The big plus on the Kendan is that I could pull it just fine with the car.

This sure beats $35,000 for a new truck.
thumb_up.gif

r8

I have had my single Kendon for several years now. Towed UltraClassic Harley twice to South Dakota and back. Works like a charm. Have used mostly last couple of years to rescue friends on the road. Can't beat in my book for a compact trailer. And it stands in the front of my garage taking up very little room. Enclosed would be nice but have no room to store.
thumb_up.gif

Not to jack the thread, but a similar idea is the MS-1 trailer. I have used it to tow multiple bikes all over the country without problem. Mainly got it because at the time the price was right. Vic is a great guy and goes above and beyond for customer service. Just an option. Here's the site: MotorSport Trailers

Here's a couple pics:

Bikes_Trailered___2.jpg

Great trailers. A buddy of ours loaned us one for our trip to Miller last Sept. They are VERY tough and you won't regret buying on. The one we used was a two bike trailer. Rode like a champ!

--Wag--

Back