A Brief Review of the Third Wheel Trailer System

GHILLIE

Registered

The TWT trailer is an awesome system!

We had an opportunity to really put the trailer to the test this week. We went on a rather short ride, about 185 miles, but it was a very twisty ride. About 20 miles of the twisty ride was extremely twisty. If you want to check it out on a map or sat photos, it is the Rattlesnake grade from Anatone Wa. to Enterprise Or.

The trailer worked so well! In the corners, the trailer handled amazingly well. I was getting lean angle sufficient to drag the pegs on the Hayabusa, and the trailer took it all in stride. And during a few high speed runs up to a little over 130 the trailer tracked straight and true. Obviously there is some impact on braking when you have the extra weight behind the bike, but that doesn't upset the handling of the bike. The trailer brakes straight as well. Even quick transitions through S turns, you can feel the trailer a bit but it doesn't interfere with the performance of the bike.

When we got to our destination we just put our gear in the trailer and had a great time without having to carry our stuff with us.

I highly recommend the TWT trailer if you are in need of carrying stuff for a trip or just a quick run to the grocery store. Clearly the trailer is superior to saddlebags and tail trunks. You can carry more weight or volume if you want, and the weight is not on the bike to upset the handling.

And, no we didn't take the dogs on this trip.....too aggressive riding for them to ride in the trailer......:whistle:

What's a rig like that run?
You buy at a retailer or factory direct?
What's the shipping arrangement and cost?

What about backing up with the trailer? Does the extra weight make it very difficult to push in reverse while on the bike?

rusheriv, you can talk to the owner at the site below. His name is Juan and he is a great guy!

third wheel trailers

Sous,

Backing up on level ground is no biggie, very little change in effort, and that is coming from me a guy that is a tad inseam challenged. On an up hill you will know you have some added weight though.

Back