not looking for a group ride anymore

It is a scary world we ride in  
wow.gif
Racing is racing, 65mph or 100mph, still racing. Bets are off and hasty decisons get made. Public roads are no place for this, save it for the track.

Truly glad to hear you are O.K. and the fella who got ditched.

My $.02 worth.

It is a scary world we ride in  
wow.gif
Racing is racing, 65mph or 100mph, still racing. Bets are off and hasty decisons get made. Public roads are no place for this, save it for the track.
how could 65 in a 55 be racing?

Granted 90 to 100mph you take a risk and you know it. Questions is, did the truck cut your buddy off while you guys were coming up on the truck? Or did the truck race up to you guys to cut you off.

As far as contact with the truck, sounds like the cop was siding with the cager... Typical, especially from all of the things I'm reading out of Florida now. If your buddy really wants to pursue it, the insurance or lawyer can have the truck's damage analyzed to see if it was from your buddy's bike. If that was the case, at least in CA, the truck driver hit and ran.

trust me there was no one racing each one ridding on his own. if you were there you would have seen that it would happen if we where going 50 or 200 the guy did not look before making the lane change, i am not sure if they guy is going to take it to court. i personlly do not know the guy that much, i tired to help my fellow rider as much as possibly,(drove back home got my trariler and took his bike home) i will let him know what you guys said,. thanks everyone.

i am looking for a sv650 only as i want to race for next season. what you looking to get out of the zx9 i need 4k over any trade. thanks

Glad that you are both OK....90 100 70 whatever, you are both lucky that you were not cited for causing a accident.

The cop stated that (he did not speak English and they said there is a conflicting story) might have been a terrorist. But on a serious note, I can't speak english either, only Carolina ebonics, but I still receive tickets, what's up with that?
biggrin.gif

<!--EDIT|Smoke_Dog
Reason for Edit: None given...|1137035718 -->

I live in fort lauderdale and i feel crazy driving on i 95 to miami in my car.Those hispanic drivers are horrible.You were doing that kinda speed on a bike in miami? You must have a deathwish bud.

Sounds like you were as wrong as he was, speeding, you have to expect the unexpected. And be glad you didn't hit the cop, you would really be regretting that now.

trust me there was no one racing each one ridding on his own. if you were there you would have seen that it would happen if we where going 50 or 200 the guy did not look before making the lane change, i am not sure if they guy is going to take it to court. i personlly do not know the guy that much, i tired to help my fellow rider as much as possibly,(drove back home got my trariler and took his bike home) i will let him know what you guys said,. thanks everyone.
Sami, I think what everyone is trying to tell is this:

1. You're lucky, he's lucky, learn from it. We're all glad you're able to keep posting, riding and drawing breath.

2. The only way to learn from it is to stop defending yourself, blaming the other driver, really analyze what took place, and what you could have done to prevent it. You were doing 90-100mph not 65 or 75mph. There's a huge difference. If there is one vehicle on the road ahead of you, beside you, behind you... you have to consider that risk and take precautions. You two threw caution to the wind and didn't drive defensively around another vehicle.

3. Speeding alone is a risk. You're right, we've all taken that risk. That doesn't make it the right thing to do in every environment. We've got to pick and choose where we decide to ring out the throttle.

4. If we didn't care about you, our fellow rider, we wouldn't post. If we didn't want you to learn from this, we wouldn't try to show you just how lucky and how foolish you two were given the situation. Take all of the things said here as they are intended, we're all family and we'd like to keep that family from any loses.

Be careful out there...

HT

Back