Riding in a big group

most of the time the guys I ride with just sorta take turns mostly..

course I don't ride with too many strangers.

yeah I tend to ride with folks I know or at least have gone riding with in the past. This was a dealership organized ride, so basically anyone that wanted to show up was welcome to ride. Usually the rides are pretty lame and scaled back to easy/moderate skills but on this ride everyone wanted to get some good twisty back roads in.....I'd say for the most part this was a moderate/advanced group of riders and the one dude that just rode beyond his skill levels and was hot dogging when he should have been paying attention to the road
mad.gif

for me it depends on size of group and roads. If its a long fast road then I jump out front and get away from everyone, if I don't know the road or am uncomfortable, in the back I stay. I don't know the group, back.
If nothing else, its not like I am gonna get left behind if I get stuck at a light!

I always ride in the back when i ride with new people. It gives me a chance to observe their riding skills and demeanor... I'm on a busa I can always be up front with a flick of the wrist
biggrin.gif

Back