not looking for a group ride anymore

samizx7

Registered
well i am on my way to school so i am not going to post all the details. yesterday i went on a ride by myself and for the fist 2 hours i was having a blast ( twisty road i found, i was dragging knees all the way around the corner). then i meet with some group, and went on a ride with them. we where waving in and out of traffic, then we went north on 27 ( Miami).i am holding all the way in the back (we were taking it easy) then we see a corner so i speed up and the guy in front of me (cbr1000) take the corner fast we where going about 90-100 then a f+++ guy in a truck cut him off. he has been ridding for 20 years he straight up the bike and goes off roading , i think he hit the front brakes and the bike high side him, the bike goes about 20-25 feet in the air and fall almost over him. the guy in the truck did not stop so i go following him, i start screaming pull the F+++ over. he does i call the cops give them the tag # and then i leave to check on the guy. the way was in prefect shape with no scratches. the bike on the other hand is in bad shape. after all this the cops did not give the guy a ticket (he did not speak English and they said there is a conflicting story) anyway i was about to hit the cop in his face but i back out.
sorry for the long post. i called the guy and his out of the hospital and everything is fine. thank god the out come is what it is, bike could be replaced.

Glad to hear he's okay!

Also, glad to hear you're okay... and were not involved in the mix!

So you were going 90-100 mph in the Miami area and a truck pulls out from a side road and your surprised
wink.gif
. I am surprised you both weren't killed. Not being a smart a** but do you think maybe your doing something wrong
blush.gif

"the guy in front of me (cbr1000) take the corner fast we where going about 90-100 then a f+++ guy in a truck cut him off."

Hmmm, about twice the speed limit but you expected the "f+++ guy" to react as though you were riding the speed limit?

Glad your friend made it ok but I think your expectations of the traffic around you might have been a bit high considering you weren't on a race track.

glad to hear that you guys are ok. Time for him to call the Insurence co. and see what they can do.

I am surprised you both weren't killed. Not being a smart a** but do you think maybe your doing something wrong [/QUOTE]
+1

Glad to hear that no one was seriously hurt.
As far as the conflicting story goes,did the other guy you were riding with happen to mention to the cop that you guys were going 90-100 miles per hr?
Nothing for nothing and I'm not trying to be a smart a$$ here either but you guys are also lucky you didnt get cited for speeding in which an accident occured.

Glad your both ok.

But your both lucky that the cop didn't write you guys for causing the accident.
You have to realize that if your going 100mph, you cannot expect traffic to accomdate you. You say he cut you off, the guy in the truck could say he had no idea you where moving that fast and he couldn't anticipate that your friend would be there so quickly. You can't be mad at cagers when your doing almost twice the limit.

Learn from this and don't get aggressive around traffic. Save it for empty backroads or the track.

Glad your both ok.

But your both lucky that the cop didn't write you guys for causing the accident.
You have to realize that if your going 100mph, you cannot expect traffic to accomdate you.  You say he cut you off, the guy in the truck could say he had no idea you where moving that fast and he couldn't anticipate that your friend would be there so quickly.  You can't be mad at cagers when your doing almost twice the limit.

Learn from this and don't get aggressive around traffic.  Save it for empty backroads or the track.
+1

i am really not sure how fast the guy was going. we could have been going 70. i myself was about 30 feets back, the guy was slowing down. i put 90-100 as a guess, anyway i told the cop we where going 65 on 55. i have gone to the track many time before but this stuff could happen to anyone., i ride with a full gears (one piece suit) i know miami is not the safest place to ride, that why i want to trade the busa for an sv650.
most of us do not go the speed limit, that does not give anyone the right to hit you or knock you off the road.

imost of us do not go the speed limit, that does not give anyone the right to hit you or knock you off the road.
You are right, but I thought you siad he cut you off,thats not the same as trying to knock you off the road. Anyways glad to here no one had to die.

Yep that’s when it usually happens two bikes trying to out do each other. All bets are off at 100mph Joe public doesn’t see us at 50mph much less at 100. I guess the ride like your invisible advice goes here.

wow that so sucks, man you gotta watch those people coming over the lines, not everyone is a good driver and stays in their lane. Luckily you avoided it. I guess is part of the fun, everytime we get on these things it is an adventure. Take care and watch out. People are always trying to cut me off.
wow.gif

thanks guys , the guy knew how to drive, i really thought he was about to save it. road the bike over 100 feet of the road, i think he hit the front brake and the bike high sides, i belive that the guy knocked him off the road, as there was a small damage to back fender,but the cop said it could have happened long time ago. the road was empty except for this small pick up. the guy changed line while on a corner which is in my book illegal. anyway i thank god i am save and the guy is in one piece.

Greeneinc, i am starting to think your right. A good friend of mine had a old blue hair cross 4 lanes of traffic illegally causing him to t-bone the drivers side of her car yesterday. The old lady didn't have a clue. Needless to say his mint R1 is done, not to mention his injuries, luckily nothing major. She has good insurance and he has a attorney.......... man i love riding but i am really starting to think twice about the whole deal. It is a scary world we ride in
wow.gif

Greeneinc, i am starting to think your right. A good friend of mine had a old blue hair cross 4 lanes of traffic illegally causing him to t-bone the drivers side of her car yesterday. The old lady didn't have a clue. Needless to say his mint R1 is done, not to mention his injuries, luckily nothing major. She has good insurance and he has a attorney.......... man i love riding but i am really starting to think twice about the whole deal. It is a scary world we ride in  
wow.gif
the guy that hit him, had an old s10 and he like most people in miami do not have a vaild insurance

Back