Need opinions, To young for a Busa?

I learned how to ride on a busa I had never ridden a motorcycle before. The busa only goes fast if you make it go fast. It will go 20 if you try. Thats what you tell your parents. I got the busa when I was 18. I also have a fast mustang 69 mach 1 9.6 quarter street legal without nos. But then again I didn't go over 35 for about 1 month because I didn't have any gear. I still don't have any gear but I can make the busa do anything I want. But maybe I'm a different breed I like rollerblading behind my friends car down the highway at 85 miles an hour. Do what you want and when you want. If you don't you may get a illness and die that way but me I'd rather die going 220 mph.

<!--EDIT|Witte
Reason for Edit: None given...|1082231493 -->

YOUR NOT READY TO RIDE JENNA JAMESON AT YOUR AGE AND YOUR PROBABLY NOT READY TO RIDE A BUSA EITHER. ASK YOUR MOM ABOUT JENNA FOR YOUR PRESENT, AT LEAST WHEN YOUR DONE RIDING HER, YOU WONT BE DEAD IF YOU MAKE A MISTAKE, ONLY EMBARRASSED... GET A SMALLER BIKE AND WORK YOUR WAY UP .... STAY SAFE , HAVE FUN, ... JOHN

Is is even POSSIBLE to get insurance legally on an 18 year old on a Busa? Call me whatever you want but if it is possible it shouldn't be. No fugging wonder all our rates are so high.

<!--EDIT|Krieg
Reason for Edit: None given...|1086922643 -->

Is is even POSSIBLE to get insurance legally on an 18 year old on a Busa? Call me whatever you want but if it is possible it shouldn't be. No fugging wonder all our rates are so high.
I'm sure it affects more than just vehicle insurance rates.

How much you want to bet that parents who buy their spoiled punk teenage kid a Busa also carry a huge life insurance plan on junior?

Benny89lx, I gotta tell ya nobody hates being told what to do more than me, but I have to agree with most of the posts here. I've ridden more bikes, built and dragged more cars and got into more s*** than I can remember. Not until this year do I feel like I'm at a place where I care enough about my family and my life to own a Busa. At 18 you feel indestructable and thats good. But any of these bikes will kill or worse, f*** you up too quick for that kind of mind set. Please get your kicks with the Stang and chill with the bike.
By the way I'm 42.

Think about how your life is gonna be without legs. First, consider the type of wheelchair you can afford. Probably a 2nd hand, large wheel, hand powered type. It will be rickety. It will have faulty wheel locks. Then, imagine how you need to reorgainze your parent's living room to accomodate for this. Get a ramp for the front stairs.

Your girlfriend: How do you sit on the couch with her? You're in your chair? When she leans against the cold steel of your chair she flinches, but silently absorbs the discomfort and says nothing. She smiles instead and tells you that she loves you.

What do you do for a living? It's gonna be harder. And, getting the job? Wow, good luck. You'll discover the prejudice that people have against hiring you by what they 'don't' say. Plan on disability.

Now go talk this over with your parents. Cause you don't know if they're willing to support you until you're 40...just cause they're willing to support you now...

Wait until you no longer care if you get one. Then, wait 5 more years. I'm still waiting and I'm 30 with a clean driving record and no accidents in years. Did I mention I drive bikes 25k miles/yr? Good record huh? And I still think twice. Discipline boy.

I said my peace, and have nothing further.

Oh wait. I'm not done.

Can I take out a life insurance policy on you? I'll need your full name, including middle, DOB, Soc Sec, Town and State of birth, and maybe your mom's maiden name. Don't forget your telephone number. I may need to call you while I'm at the agent's office.

I'm not joking. Please provide this info. I'll even pay you for the privelage to do this. Drop me a private message with the details. We'll talk about how much I'll give you then. Just think, with some extra cash, you'll have money left over for goodies for your new bike!

Now I'm finished.

Think seriously about my offer. I will give you money so long as it is legal for me to do so. I'll check the laws after I get your message with the details in it, but before giving the money. I want to follow all laws you know.

Holy Fuggin Resurection From The Dead Batman!!!!

laugh.gif

Damn Thread is like the fuggin Undead... It just keeps coming back... Old old Thread....
smile.gif

I do wonder though... There have been several sub Twenty-somethings on the board over the last couple of years. Talking big, about how they can handle it etc... One guy fell over three times within his first week and he was claiming a moral victory...
laugh.gif
(Fell because of stupidity NOT short legged on Gravel)
biggrin.gif

But out of all of these that have gotten a busa? I haven't seen ANY of them return after just a couple weeks... Spooky spooky stuff.... Look through the first couple of pages of this thread, you will see several names that just evaporated... Makes me wonder WTF happened...

I was thinking the same thing when I read this thread this morning...bunch of names I've never seen...hope they're okay...what can you do?
rock.gif

I think that 18 is too young for any of the high powered sport bikes including the 600s and 750s. I taught my daughter to ride scooters at 16. We bought her a 250 to get back and forth to university. She got 3 speeding tickets in 2 months. She damaged the engine (on warranty) too. She wanted a bigger bike. The wife and I helped buy a car because we were sure she'd kill herself on a bike. A lot depends on the kid. When I bought my 750 gixxer, I rode in a vmax and the wife on her Shadow. The dealership was very nervous when I hopped on the gixxer to take it home. I was amused, to say the least and I'm over 50.

An 18 year old wants a busa, i guess its ok... but -

a) Take a safety course
b) Wear proper riding gear
c) Tell your right hand to be responsible
smile.gif

d) And never ever ride under influence

Just my 2 cents

It's been since June 2002-since i responded to this tread I am now 53---Purchased in April 2002---
It sure does corrupt--but with a level head--i still punch it waay hard---Just gotta know where to to do it. How long to keep the gas to the stop----No close accidents except with a car one time.. in 2003..slowed down in advance..could have stopped but i could have been on a EX500 Kaw.
I am now 53---no slouch--just pay attention all the time...On the Busa even more so---cagers don't have to know about closing speeds when some of us are speeding around areas of traffic..if you are are speeding around traffic and intersections you are just asking for an early death.Ps.
Years ago a kid across the street had a broken arm [bike vs car] I asked him what part of town was he in--I said OH a 25 mph neigborhood--how fast were you going--around 60..old lady pulled out and he t-boned her--His fault pure and simple. Think...Think--it's not the power of the bike....
83 in first on a Busa--pure love but pick you safest spot to pinnit..Ride safe all and Happy New Year.

I do wonder though...  There have been several sub Twenty-somethings on the board over the last couple of years.  Talking big, about how they can handle it etc...  One guy fell over three times within his first week and he was claiming a moral victory...
laugh.gif
 (Fell because of stupidity NOT short legged on Gravel)
biggrin.gif

But out of all of these that have gotten a busa?  I haven't seen ANY of them return after just a couple weeks...  Spooky spooky stuff....  Look through the first couple of pages of this thread, you will see several names that just evaporated...  Makes me wonder WTF happened...
Welcome to the Twiglet Zone.

I'm hoping that most of them were just full of it, got on this board and realized that most of us are responsible and level-headed enough to not say "Yay Little Johnny, go for it!".

Perhaps they listened to the free advice and reconsidered their purchasing plans because they weren't being egged on by a bunch of teenagers.

Or maybe they just launched one into the nearest wall....

Benny
I rode since I was 18, right out of high school. I sold my vw and bought my gs 450L with out telling my parents. Thank god that bike was slow. I am as conservative as they get and I rode over my head many times.
Advice is like sugarbritches....
Learn to ride a slow (relative) bike fast before learning to ride a fast bike fast. There are so many lessons to be learned on the street. Only seat time teaches them to you. Be patient. Be patient. If you can ride over your head on a smallish bike you lessen your chances for fatal errors and increase your learning curve exponentially. i.e., smaller bikes brake quicker and go slower.
You are smart to ask for advice. Now use it.

Yeah the dealer tried to tell me not to buy it either. I said to hell with you and get my paperpwork so I can get the first one that comes in June

Wow look how old this thing is Benny is 21 now, wonder if he got his busa? Only posted a couple times. Be a good test to see if 18 is too young, my personal opinion is yes to any sports bike, at 18 you have to much going on, my boy will have fun at the track and that's it.

Back