Need opinions, To young for a Busa?

I did all the upgrades to my harley 95in. kit flowed heads big cams and just picked up my Busa 3 weeks ago. 1000 miles later and I am having a blast. I will keep the Harley though. By the way I'm 48 been riding Harleys for 20 years and have said more than once that i'd never have a sport bike. The Busa got me though. Never say never I guess.

Hi....

though Im new in this forum, Im not riding bikes.

It is not normal that a young boy likes this bike, as my point of view, coz the riding is quite different than other R bikes. I like a lot GSXR1000 but is not quite good for long travels and the position of the dude that goes with you is forced if you ride a long time, but for 1 hr riding.....why not? I chose the Busa because this two reasons, also because it is very beautiful. I wanted my wife to be comfortable in long trips as we normally do (more than 3 hrs in a bike).

I always have thought that the hp's were on the head no on the bike. Ben, you have to think carefully that the Busa is a bike that needs a responsible rider. If you actually think you are, no problem, but if you like it just because you just want to show yourself of, it's very likely you to have a problem with it in the future.

Im nobody to tell you what to do....nobody except yourself and your parents, I just ask you one favour.....think it very seriously, and try to be honest with yourself cause you could be playing with your future health.

Flashes,

<!--EDIT|Eight
Reason for Edit: None given...|1137085988 -->

You have to respect the power of the Busa, if you dont, you will die. If you understand those words you'll be fine. By the way im 17 , and i have a Busa 06 (Stock), (Velocity stage 2 Turbo soon) LoL! Been saving from the 8th grade for this bike , and mods.

Bald_4.jpg

You have to respect the power of the Busa, if you dont, you will die. If you understand those words you'll be fine. By the way im 17 , and i have a Busa 06 (Stock), (Velocity stage 2 Turbo soon) LoL! Been saving from the 8th grade for this bike , and mods.
Gotta respect that ....that's alotta saving . U deserve it man ! Just be careful , I did alotta crazy shid when I was your age .

I want one because if im gonna move up to a better bike i might as well get the best there is, i mean if i dont get a busa im gona get an r1 or a cbr 929, no matter what im getting a big bike i just thought id shoot for the best, i dont understand why my mother has no problem with me drag racing a mustang at the track or on the street wich i know is not safe but she will not let me move up to such a bike, i mean if i spend the money i could have buying a busa im going to have a 10 second 3 thousand pound automobile that will be even more dangerous to others than the bike
Listen, my 2 cents thats all - Your 18, you should not be riding a busa. MOST people at 18 (i said most) do stupid shi* on motorcycles as well as vehicles in general.

Do you have any idea how much insurance will cost you at 18 for a 1300cc bike???

Another thought to ponder is this, you say you want the best bike out there, (and while most of these riders feel the busa is the best) don't think because it has 1300cc's -that makes it the best. I know I enjoy riding my 600rr on twisties WAY better than riding my buddies busa because it was more work to turn into corners. The bike is definately more sensitive on the throttle too. Your more likely to make an error on a 1300 because of that.

Buy the best bike for your height, weight, riding experience, wallet, and enjoyment.

Make sure your buying the bike because it's what you will enjoy riding the most, NOT because of a social status.

a good replacement would be a gsxr 750 to begin with if you don't want a 600

p.s. I just bought mine- reason? Fat ass comfortable seat, drag strips, lots of aftermarket accessories.

p.p.s. - TAKE IT TO THE TRACK NOT THE STREET
(thats squidly behavior) ride safe
wink.gif

Hell, I'm 44...and I thought I was an old fart
biggrin.gif
BTW...first don't even go back to that fuggin dealers ever...I don't care if they have a million bikes...second? you said you have a 600cc bike...what kind is it? if its a super bike? then jump on the busas if not? you'll need some experiences of super bikes...you try to connect why can't I experiences out of busas? and get used to it? its your call...just don't let the teenager pride take over the control...welcome to the HOG
argue.gif

Man you already have a bike,Go with the 5.0 and you will have the best of both worlds. Can't ride bike in the winter at least not injoyably.The only reason I say that is well I love my busa and I have ridden bikes my hole life to.I even Dragg race my busa like every weekend but it still scares me every time I ride it on the road.The busa is way to fast for the road I am not sideing with your parents but this could be one of those life or death disions you make good luck with it.If you decide to go with the bike injoy it, show it off ,but don't you show off for your self or anyone els It will nock you down.Let me leave you with a comparison a busa to a 600 is like a 5.0 to a VW bug. LOL Good Luck.

hello,

I'm 21 years old and i have a busa, in belgium you need to be at least 21 years old to drive with a bike with more then 25 kw. I find this normal, a hayabusa is fast and if your on it you think you have the world in your hands. With this power comes a great responsibility (yeah in know, i heard it on spiderman)

If you think your ready for a busa when your a teenager buy it, but if you have a little doubt KEEP YOUR HANDS OF THIS BIKE!

Greetz from Belgium

Wim

PS: sorry if my English is bad

<!--EDIT|W1m
Reason for Edit: None given...|1142956171 -->

at 19 i was riding a interceptor 700 and messing around at every chance. kids are kids. if you decide to go with the busa please take it easy. racing cars at least you have a cage but you could still hurt someone else in the procces. i am only 29 but i have a family and would hate to lose a loved one to an accident or be taken out on the road by someone with to much machine driving out of control.take it easy and listen to the more experienced riders on these forums. u must understand the value of years of experience or you would not have asked for our advice.

I want one because if im gonna move up to a better bike i might as well get the best there is, i mean if i dont get a busa im gona get an r1 or a cbr 929, no matter what im getting a big bike i just thought id shoot for the best, i dont understand why my mother has no problem with me drag racing a mustang at the track or on the street wich i know is not safe but she will not let me move up to such a bike, i mean if i spend the money i could have buying a busa im going to have a 10 second 3 thousand pound automobile that will be even more dangerous to others than the bike
Listen, my 2 cents thats all - Your 18, you should not be riding a busa. MOST people at 18 (i said most) do stupid shi* on motorcycles as well as vehicles in general.

Do you have any idea how much insurance will cost you at 18 for a 1300cc bike???

Another thought to ponder is this, you say you want the best bike out there, (and while most of these riders feel the busa is the best) don't think because it has 1300cc's -that makes it the best. I know I enjoy riding my 600rr on twisties WAY better than riding my buddies busa because it was more work to turn into corners. The bike is definately more sensitive on the throttle too. Your more likely to make an error on a 1300 because of that.

Buy the best bike for your height, weight, riding experience, wallet, and enjoyment.

Make sure your buying the bike because it's what you will enjoy riding the most, NOT because of a social status.

a good replacement would be a gsxr 750 to begin with if you don't want a 600

p.s. I just bought mine- reason? Fat ass comfortable seat, drag strips, lots of aftermarket accessories.

p.p.s. - TAKE IT TO THE TRACK NOT THE STREET
(thats squidly behavior) ride safe
wink.gif
I dont know about him but my dad is going to put the bike under his name and put me as a part time driver....takes the insurance down to 1200 bucks a year! By the way I am 17, 18 in June...First Bike, 6'5" 285...I tried to get my ass on a 1000 and a smaller kawi but it was just too un comfortable but then when I hoped on the busa..felt like a dream!...I have told myself over and over...this bike will kill you if you are stupid...this bike will kill you if you are stupid... ...Its presence is just amazing...we have local bike nights at Quaker Stake and Lube...I always walk around and drool when I see the busas just an amazingly beautiful bike. I want this bike ebcause it is an amazing machine capable of a lot fo things....the first and most important is a comfortable and fun ride for myself...

Back