I need your honest opinions

Dude... All you gotta know is that we are all here, and not a one of us hates our bikes or are dissapointed in our bikes.

Buy it, take it easy for awhile and get used to it and have fun... No worries, Welcome to the board.

Theres no bike out that is as versital as the Busa! I've done 39 states on mine and i've done a 1000 mile day . Not to mention speeds that will blow your mind.:D

it sucks..

I'll give ya $1,000 for your 05... thats about all it's worth... well tell ya what.. I'm a good guy.. how about $1,200?

I want to ask all the owners of Hayabusas, on this board, to give me a realistic some-what non-biased opinion on how much they like their bikes.

How is the ride? - SMOOTH AND FAST very comfortable

How satisfied are you with your busa? Very

Have you had any problems? NO

Anything you would want to point out to a new busa owner? Take it easy until you learn the bike as it can get ahead of you quickly.

And finally, how much would you recommend the busa to a bike enthusiast like me? 100%
I want to ask all the owners of Hayabusas, on this board, to give me a realistic some-what non-biased opinion on how much they like their bikes.

How is the ride? - SMOOTH AND FAST very comfortable

How satisfied are you with your busa? Very

Have you had any problems? NO

Anything you would want to point out to a new busa owner? Take it easy until you learn the bike as it can get ahead of you quickly.

And finally, how much would you recommend the busa to a bike enthusiast like me? 100%

I sure would like to convince u to ride a 600 sport bike for a few months 1st. Any sportbike is gonna be way more powerful than your Savage. The busa is absolutely awesome but can be a beast for a newer rider. We recently had a new busa owner die here in our area, he hit a school bus. Hard to say what coulda happened and if he had more experience maybe it woulda turned out different ... all the newer sportbikes are fast and a 600 will give you a lil more feeling for the transition to the King.  Just my suggestion and of course if you havent allready please take a MSF course.  Other than that welcome to our house.
smile.gif
I understand where your coming from, but i believe in myself to be a good rider. What you have suggested was the plan i was going to originally follow, but a good friend of mine gave me some advice which went something like this: "your gona buy a gsxr-600, learn to ride it, enjoy it for a couple of months, then get bored of it and then sell it. Then your going to buy a busa, learn to ride it all over again, and loose money at the same time. Instead just buy the bike and spend all your time learning to ride it properly." so that kinda stuck with me.

As for the MSF course, We have something like that in canada, and i did take that course. Also once i get the busa, i will take the advance course to better my riding skills.

Thanks for your reply!

My decision came down to a GSXR1000 and a Busa.  I was like you, never rode a Busa but did all the research and heard all the stories.  I did ride my friends GSXR and found it to be to "tiny" feeling under me.  Felt narrow and extremely light.  I ended up going with the Busa and never regretted it.  Have kept it stock and the only mods planned are the exhaust and an undertail because of the cluttered look from behind the bike.  The ride of the Busa is solid.  Very smooth and powerful.  The bike literally feels as if it will pull away from you if you jump on the throttle.  Rumor was that the bike couldn't hang on back country roads like the GSXR and after watching a documentary on Discovery I made the purchase.  I have rode numerous twisting turning roads and outrun GSXR's handily, yet safely.  I haven't had any mechanical issues with the bike and simply read the owners manual and follow the service advice from it and others I talk with on places such as this forum.  For me, there is no other bike in the world and I will never get rid of my Busa.  I will keep her as others keep and collect cars.  After my deployment and complete ownership (payoff), I plan on putting her up and making her minimal mods and riding only on special occasions.  Of course I will be purchasing a new 2007 to bide my time.  Do heed the warnings on this forum, this bike is awesome, great, terrific, and spectacular.  However, it is a bike that can get you in trouble.  Speed is not only dangerous but adictive and if the speed bug gets you this bike can become a problem.  I have run mine pretty fast and have scared myself a time or two.  Checked the box and now just enjoy the bike for the pure pleasure of riding her.  Hope you enjoy yours...
Thanks for your reply, it helped me alot. I will take care when im riding her. I realize the power this bike has but I wont let it get to me head.
Thanx!

You will never Regret buying a Busa........
Respect it and it will be the greatest machine you will ever own!
Ditto! I LOVE my Busa! I haven't had many bikes but this is a bike that will do everything I want. It is comfy, strong, beautiful and dependable. You can't go wrong. I'm on my second Busa and have taken several long distance rides with no troubles of any kind.

Go for it!

The Busa in stock form is a joy to ride. Never had any troubles, and the stock ride is very plush.

The Busa is one of the only bikes Ive owned that is capable of doing so much, and doing it very well. Aftermarket is rich with goodies, and lots of technical support from the members here and other forums to assist you if you ever have an issue.

Welcome to the forums, and wish you the best with your purchase.
wink.gif

Been riding sport bikes for the last 24 years and boy have they changed. The busa is very comfortable, its a very good all around sports bike, it corners good, not as good as a GXR 600 but good enough for me on the streets. Its very powerful and will get you in trouble if your not use to the HP it has. The busa speed is smooth so you can also get yourself in trouble not realizing how fast you're really going, many times I have found myself well past the 130 mark. What I like the most about the bike is that I can ride it every day and I mean long days and it doesn't kill my back like the 600 and 1K's did. Sure those bikes are fun, but just not the ride I'm looking for.

<!--EDIT|manatrader
Reason for Edit: None given...|1138969206 -->

I've been at this sports bike madness since 1978 and have owned 14 different rides over the years, the most recent a 03 GSXR1000 which I sold when I got my 05 Busa in June. The first impression was, wow, this thing is sooo heavy, compared to the gixxer! But as stated above, you rapidly get use to the extra weight and in a couple weeks don't even notice it. The big question you have to answer yourself is what style of riding do you prefer? I consider myself a moderate canyon carver and 50 percent of my riding is of the longer distance sports touring variety, so comfort is a big factor. This baby is very comfortable (I'm 6'3", 175#). To me, the Busa handles the twisties as well as my Gixxer did, but to more aggressive and experienced racer types, the extra weight would be noticable.
Adhere to the maintenance schedule and you should have a relatively trouble free and enjoyable owner experience. I can truthfully say that the Hayabusa is the best motorcycle I have ever thrown a leg over, PERIOD!!

As for the MSF course, We have something like that in canada, and i did take that course. Also once i get the busa, i will take the advance course to better my riding skills.
Very good move taking the advanced course on it! I think with your attitude you will be fine. Take it easy and respect it. The power and torque it has can be your best friend or your worst enemy. The worst part is that it can change from friend to enemy in a 1/10 of a second.

You took the course already, go practice what you learned in an empty parking lot. But, get to the advanced course as soon as possible. Master the throttle control. It is going to be very touchy compared to the savage. Most people have more issues with low speed maneuvers on the Busa (and other sport bikes) than the smaller cruisers because of the weight, rake and throttle. Lets face it the bike it “tunedâ€￾ for a bit higher speed than the low speed maneuvers. I promise you there is not one exercise in the Basic Rider Course that can not be performed on a Hayabusa. The dimensions in the Advanced/ERC are relaxed a bit for the larger bikes which will make it a bit easier. Practice Practice Practice!

Use your head and remember the slow look press and roll technique in the corners. Focus on press/counter steering and know why it works. Above all the brakes, learn to use them correctly each and every time. Squeeze that front brake like it was a sponge soaked in water. A firm but progressive squeeze. (You don’t want to spray water everywhere).Get the initial weight transfer to the front. They tell you in the class that at least 70% of your braking power is in the front brakes. On a Hayabusa it is closer to 95% . Most of the problems I see are grabbing the front brake (instead of the firm progressive squeeze) or locking up the rear. Look carefully at some of the post people have made about their accidents. Quite often, it appears they panicked, locked up their rear brakes and crashed before they got to the car that pulled out in front of them. Developing a good habit and practicing it is the key to survival!

Get that down and the biggest issue is low speed drops. If you were not using a good technique on the Savage, you may have been able to get by with it because of its size. If you found yourself barely catching it quite often, you might not be able to stop the busa from falling. Again look though the posts at how many have dropped their bike from a stop or at very low speed. If you can, add a set of frame sliders. (Make sure they put them in the correct place) If you don’t want to cut the plastic, get a set of no drill sliders. They may save a bit of damage in a drop.

Remember: Use your head and Practice!

I think you'll handle the Busa. Being afraid of it is a very good beginning. As you go on, fear will take on respect and then confidence. At your age, you'll love the power and the speed, but you may develop a need for a more agile bike after a while. The 1000's and the 600's are easier to flick.

Good luck with whatever you choose and hope to see you around regardless of your choice.

When I bought the busa, I had never ridden it before either. Not even a test ride. My first ride on it was after I handed the guy a big stack of bills. Took a couple thousand miles to get used to it.
smile.gif

Now I use it to leaded guided tours of California with my Tour Company riding this thing all over tarnation.

You probably already seen this, but go put your wallet in a bowl of water, put that in the freezer, wait 24 hrs, then click here.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=hayabusa+mods

Here's a little eye candy for you too. Very fun machine. Have fun & take it easy while you get used to it.

60 Second Busa
- 16M 1:00

High speed with a Tuono
- 13M 3:00

On Board with Pashnit
- 23M

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

Thanks to the Professor for that very informative reply. I think i'll save that post for reference.:)

I'm 6'1'' 190 lbs, so i'm a pretty big guy. I've ridden a gsxr600, gsxr1000 and a R1, and even though i'm a young guy, i could feel the strain in my back which could develop into future back problems. I do not like the riding position on those bikes at all, but you can't blame the bikes because they're made for full on racing, all the time! I did a little comparison at the dealership the other day, i sat on a gsxr1000 and then got off it and sat on my busa and i immediatley noticed a huge difference in the seating positions. The busa is waaaaaaaay more comfortable even when its standing still!

I dont consider myself a speed junkie. Not because i'm scared of death, but i'm scared of loosing a limb or two, which im very attached to. The plans I have for the busa are mostly touring. My friends and I plan to ride down to Niagra Falls, (2 hr drive from here) and we plan to ride down to Montreal (6 hrs from here) so we're planning to ride long distances and I dont think a super sports bike would be an ideal choice for those trips.

All your replies have helped me alot, thanks again for taking the time to post up!

I'm late posting and have not been an owner for long, 2 1/2 months. No regrets! you should get the Busa.
beerchug.gif

You'll love it stock out of the box. Everything on it just plain works. You'll have to get used to the weight, just take it easy for a while.

Back