Best overall high speed tires for a gen 2

Thanks Six for the old Gixxer praise , that really was a nice reliable bike , it lacked some of the tricker components of the past 1100 s we had , but had enough nice things on it to make it a bit special , I miss it but it went to a good mates home .
There are always some fella that we know or known of , that takes to bikes like duck to water . Dudes , able to use and extract the most out of their machines , without even looking like their trying . Well I have been lucky enough to have known a couple in my time , and they are always the best to ride with . I reckon you Six , know the type well .

I have not personally tried the Pr's on my Busa but I love them on my BMW 1250. I expect the wear life and bad weather safety would be significant over the Q's though. I don't like the 55's and I run the 50's (opinion). The 55's do increase roll rates but I feel they are a bit nervous. They also wear the middle of the tread faster and you can feel the flat spot in like 1K miles. The 55's would be a good track choice though IMO. I have 1" rising links and that's the trick for making the Busa handle. You get better turn-in and more straight-line stability for $40.
" The 55's do increase roll rates but I feel they are a bit nervous. They also wear the middle of the tread faster and you can feel the flat spot in like 1K miles"

" I have 1" rising links and that's the trick for making the Busa handle"

exactly my experience. :thumbsup:

cheers
ken

Good afternoon to all. I’ve just registered myself on this. Have just recently acquired my first gen 2 (3 weeks now) I’ve been looking at the posts regarding tires and I’m a bit confused. I need tires, I also sell tires (Avons) I own a stroked Harley Davidson as well as an MV Augusta. I’m a yank, but I’ve been living in Europe for many years. So…. I see guys posting they’re getting 7k on a set of tires!?! I see guys putting Avon Cobras in Busas (WTF?) àd I’ve seen guys complaining about the Battlax from bridge (I iSednto race a 750 fixer on those and ride from Normandy to Dublin 400 miles of which was in pouring rain and ran consistently well over 180km/h during most of the run.. As a spirited driver, I’ve never gotten more than 3000km on a rear and 3800-4000 max on my 750. I live in Malta and the roads suck àd when it’s windy there’s always I thin film of sand on the few interesting roads there are. I get my knee down on the MV sporting Avons but they won’t last a year in an island that’s only 35km X 16..Reading some posts makes me wonder how people ride..
I want stick, I plan on going overland all seasons with the Busa. I want wet àd dry grip.. I’ve never been fond of Dunlop àd I don’t like Michelin (got a 659bhp Nissan Z32 and hated the Michelins on my car)
Àd people seem to dislike the makes to which I seem to have a better relation with.
So, if there’s a serious fast rider who comes across my post that can shed me a little insight as to what really works in the busa for my kind of driving I’d be much obliged.
Thanks for read.
Stay safe ✌
Avon Storm 3D-XM, great grip in all conditions, reasonable wear, reall confidence boosters on twisty roads. I get 5-7K on the rear, 8-12K front. 50 years riding, love twistys, no chicken strips on my tires. :-)

Just in off a good, solid ride and I sure do like my PR5s, they handle well, are quiet and are wearing very well...

When it comes time to get new tires, I'm sticking with the PR5s...

Back